Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

whats the challenge in Tiger Woods games?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up Tiger Woods 05 for Xbox(yeah im behind the times) cuz it was cheap and got the golf bug after the British Open but so far im not impressed.Read alot of reviews and 05 sounded like a good year for the game but i just dont see where the challenge is in this game. I created a golfer so i have low attributes but im still able to hang with the pros right outta the gate.I mean i pull the analog stick back and fire away even with all the visual aids and tips off im right in the middle of the fairway.I like the courses and the create a player but overall im not happy with this game and was wondering are all the TW games similar or is there a better golf game out there?
Old 08-11-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree that every next-gen golf game i have played so far loses my interest fairly quickly because of the simplicity in control. Like you said, I can compete (even online) right out of the gate.

I'm hoping '08 is better. It sounds like they changed the putting to a 1-time preview, but even seeing your exact putt once before you strike the ball seems a bit simplistic.

Gold games used to be a lot more challenging, which I enjoyed.

I understand some of the newer ones can get more "difficult" and refined as you gain experience, but that's just silly.
Old 08-11-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Woods golf has always been insanely easy, no matter what changes they make. I think the '05 version had "Tiger Proofing" as a gameplay option, which would make the fairways more narrow, toughen up the rough etc. Even then, it wasn't that hard. I seem to remember that Links 2004 was harder, although I haven't played it in awhile. I've been playing Outlaw Golf 2 on my original XBox a lot lately since my 360 has been sent off for service, and that's still my favorite golf game. I highly recommend picking that one up for your golf fix. That one is a lot more challenging if you play with weaker characters and turn on the wind.
Old 08-11-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me the appeal was to get all the trophy balls, and to set records but it was extremely easy to play for me always have been. I remember my friend had 05 and when I moved in with him his brother and him showed me there records and had been playing for like 4 months and were very proud of there scores. 1 week later I had all the records and 10 hole in ones already. My lowest score was a 44 which I got I believe on 06