DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Lost: The video game (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/507585-lost-video-game.html)

Liver&Onions 07-28-07 02:58 PM

Lost: The video game

Anyone else see this trailer? It actually makes the game look somewhat decent. And seeing as it's directly linked to the show, I imagine that the story that takes place is official story in the Lost universe. The animations look pretty decent, and hopefully Ubisoft can pull this off.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22761.html

Joe Molotov 07-28-07 03:48 PM

Looks like it could be a good adventure game, I just hope they don't try to shoehorn in some lame combat like Dreamfall.

Liver&Onions 07-28-07 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Looks like it could be a good adventure game, I just hope they don't try to shoehorn in some lame combat like Dreamfall.

Ooh - keep it like Indigo Prophecy and I'd be one happy little bastard.

Rob V 07-28-07 07:17 PM

Looks pretty good. Im a HUGE Lost fan, so this is a no-brainer.

Maxflier 07-28-07 09:15 PM

Ooooh, never knew they were even making a LOST game. After watching the trailer, this has serious potential. The LOST atmosphere should make for a very cool VG experience.

Michael Ballack 07-28-07 10:31 PM

I hope there is a hot coffee mod with Kate in the game. ;)

gimmepilotwings 07-28-07 10:48 PM

I wonder how far in the Lost world this goes to. I haven't watched S3 yet, as I am a TV on DVD watcher. I hope the game doesn't spill onto that.

Groucho 07-28-07 10:55 PM

Based on a line in the trailer, I'm pretty sure S3 is covered.

Jeremy517 07-28-07 11:38 PM

It will be interesting to see where the game ends, since we still have three more seasons of secrets that won't be known when the game is finished.

Drexl 07-29-07 12:06 AM

This would probably work best as a point and click adventure game, but that just won't attract a wide enough audience (especially for consoles). I guess it will turn out as a Tomb Raider-like game, with an emphasis on exploration over combat. That should be good enough.

PopcornTreeCt 07-29-07 08:17 PM

Can I torture Ben as Sayid? Please?

Anubis2005X 07-29-07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
It will be interesting to see where the game ends, since we still have three more seasons of secrets that won't be known when the game is finished.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did a sequel to cover future seasons...

Ocelot 07-30-07 09:38 AM

Hmmm, it looks pretty good... Well, it can't be a horror survivor type of game (unless fighting polar bears, boars and the black clouds are considered horror). So i'm guessing this is a big puzzle adventure game. Most likely it has very little to do with the TV show...

Michael Corvin 07-30-07 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Can I torture Ben as Sayid? Please?

:up:

It was so disheartening seeing Sayid get his ass kicked in the trailer for Jodie Foster's new flick.

dx23 07-30-07 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I hope there is a hot coffee mod with Kate in the game. ;)

or with Shannon.

or with the Razzle-Dazzle girl

or with Claire

Liver&Onions 07-30-07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Most likely it has very little to do with the TV show...

I think it's entirely to do with the show. You interact with the cast, explore the island...seems pretty connected.

Toad 07-30-07 10:30 AM

Looks promising. Look forward to seeing your reviews -- I only have Wii so I won't be getting this one.

Breakfast with Girls 07-30-07 05:43 PM

As long as I can press Triangle to yell "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!" I'll be happy.

Rob V 07-30-07 08:09 PM

As long as I can press Triangle to yell "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!" I'll be happy.
I think RB let's you yell "They took my son!"

Seantn 07-31-07 01:51 PM

Any word on a release date? Maybe right before Season 4 starts?

Ocelot 07-31-07 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I think it's entirely to do with the show. You interact with the cast, explore the island...seems pretty connected.

If that's the case then won't it be a spoiler game for those of us already watched the show up to the current season? I don't see the fun in that... i mean things like, "oh oh, i suppose to use John to do this..." And when things don't go right, you gonna say "WTF? But in the show, you suppose do this."

I'm sorry, if that's the case, i don't see the point playing the game. The way i see it, the game just uses the show, i.e. characters and settings, but somehow is up to you to find ways to go back home or get "un-lost."

Groucho 07-31-07 04:01 PM

I hope it's a sandbox game. I want to drive the van through camp and run over my fellow castaways.

DVD Josh 07-31-07 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I hope it's a sandbox game. I want to drive the van through camp and run over my fellow castaways.

GTA: LOST

Liver&Onions 07-31-07 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
If that's the case then won't it be a spoiler game for those of us already watched the show up to the current season? I don't see the fun in that... i mean things like, "oh oh, i suppose to use John to do this..." And when things don't go right, you gonna say "WTF? But in the show, you suppose do this."

I'm sorry, if that's the case, i don't see the point playing the game. The way i see it, the game just uses the show, i.e. characters and settings, but somehow is up to you to find ways to go back home or get "un-lost."

Not sure what you said - but from what I understand of what you wrote your circular logic means you won't be playing a game you want to play.

Seeing as I'm not a developer working on this game I have no clue the route it's going to take. All knowledge i have of it is gleamed from the internet.

You are a character who has to get un-lost - and to do that you'll be interacting with the cast, the island, items on the island etc.

Groucho 07-31-07 04:51 PM

I imagine it'll be like most licensed games where you get to "recreate" scenes from the show. Only this time there'll be a bunch of crates to jump around on.