Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Random Wii questions

Old 07-21-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
This is a longshot, but it worked for me: Tuesday before last, we decided we had enough with my bonus to pick one up, so I started calling the local Gamestops. We had talked to them in the past and they had mentioned they received their shipments on Tuesdays. No luck with them, Target, TRU, couple others, so I gave up and went out to run some other errands. While out I remembered some new commercial development going in near my house, and there had been Gamestop signage. I pulled in to check if they had opened up, and the guy checking was buying one and they had plenty in stock. They were so new they weren't showing up in Yahoo yellow pages, and I don't think many people knew about that location.
Old 07-21-07, 10:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 games i find to be tons of fun and well worth every penny:

*Wario Ware Smooth Moves

*Mario Party 8

Rayman Raving Rabbids

These 3 games will give you tons of fun wether is by yourself, with family or friends. Lets just say that i got my dad to play video games for the 1st time with the Wii and hes 64 years old. dont be held up by the lesser graphics the Wii may have. What it lacks in graphics it more than makes up for it with the fun factor
Old 07-22-07, 08:27 AM
Suspended

I feel like charlie getting the last golden ticket Out of about 30 people in line at 9, I got the last voucher my circuit city only got 20 Wii's in. I have till 12 to pick it up but they don't open till 10 :/

Slightly unrelated question.. Anyone happen to have any general idea what an old Xbox might sell for like if I trade it in at a Gamestop? Thinking about getting rid of it since I doubt I'll be playing it anymore now...
Old 07-22-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dumb question.....I can't recall my WEP password key so I am unable to connect my Wii even though it is finding the access point. To do a wired connection, can I just go to Radio Shack and buy an adaptor that will allow my ethernet wired connection to connect directly to the Wii? Thanks!
Old 07-22-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Why don't you just go into the wireless router settings and see what the "password" is?
Old 07-22-07, 10:45 AM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Dumb question.....I can't recall my WEP password key so I am unable to connect my Wii even though it is finding the access point. To do a wired connection, can I just go to Radio Shack and buy an adaptor that will allow my ethernet wired connection to connect directly to the Wii? Thanks!
As noted above, the easiest thing to do would be to get (or change) your WEP password by logging into your router. To answer your question though, no. The Wii only supports specific USB-Ethernet adaptors, and RS doesn't carry them AFAIK. Circuit City and BestBuy do though. They are with the other Wii accessories.
Old 07-22-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks fellas, I really appreciate it.
Old 07-23-07, 08:20 AM
Suspended

Had a lot of fun with my Wii yesterday I played the sports games a while, my athletic age is 72 Played Zelda mostly, I didn't even realize it but at the end of the night, my saved game said I played for 10 hours.. eek

I haven't done that in a long time because of my hand problems.. of which I had none with the Wii

I have a 6 year old nephew that's been dying to come over and play.. so I need to pick up a game that would be good for him.. maybe something multiplayer but with a lot of action, but not overly difficult? We used to play lego star wars together all the time on xbox, so I guess something along those lines.. any recommendations?
Old 07-23-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by necros
I haven't done that in a long time because of my hand problems.. of which I had none with the Wii
Awesome. Glad to hear it.
Old 07-23-07, 08:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
necros, my daughter is almost six, and she loves Mario Party 8.
Old 07-23-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
my four old boy loves MP8 as well. He was playing Cooking Mama by himself yesterday as well.
Old 07-23-07, 07:15 PM
Suspended

OK cool, maybe I'll go with that then I've heard other folks say it's good too. Planning to trade in my xbox this week, hopefully they'll give me something decent for it