Old 07-15-07, 04:21 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DS & FYE Question

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a Nintendo DS.
Currently FYE is running the DS for 139.99 with a 30 dollar mail in rebate

A few questions for everyone

-How is FYE with return policy? I work at best buy and buy EVERYTHING over 50 bucks from best buy.. and im afraid to purchase something from FYE in case it fails on me or whatever..
which brings me to
-Does FYE have any type of service plan?
and number three
-Anyone have any problems with FYE's mail in rebates? Will I see the money?

Thanks
Old 07-15-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If they don't have a service plan you should be able to buy one from the other retailers, just bring your receipt to prove it was purchased within30 days.
Old 07-15-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you sure it's $139? I was sure retail on the DS Lite is $129.99 everywhere unless they have something packed with it.

As for the rebates I've done a couple of their DVD rebates and it took 4-6 weeks to get them back.
Old 07-15-07, 09:59 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Edison
Are you sure it's $139? I was sure retail on the DS Lite is $129.99 everywhere unless they have something packed with it.

As for the rebates I've done a couple of their DVD rebates and it took 4-6 weeks to get them back.
retail is 129 but FYE is selling it for 139. Go figure.

I hate dealing with rebates. i think im just going to buy it from Best Buy and buy a game or something from FYE

I hate FYE their prices suck.. ive had this 25 dollar gift card for 8 months now
Old 07-15-07, 11:24 PM

FYE just recently started a Product Replacement Program. Basically, you're covered for two years, and if something goes wrong (within plan restrictions of course), you send your unit in and get a gift card to FYE for the full amount you paid for the item. The upside to that is you don't have to screw around with repairs or refurbished units, and you can spend the gift card on anything, you're not restricted to getting another unit. So, if your DS craps out within that two years and Nintendo has introduced an umpteenth version of it by then, you could pick up that new model and not have lost any of your inital investment. Not a bad deal, really.
Old 07-19-07, 07:11 PM

just wait until you get aleast a game with it for free b4 you buy it, thats what i always try to do