Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Can Other items work with a Nintendo WiFi Connector?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-14-07, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure the place this in the Video Game area or Tech. I do not have Wirless right now but I got a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector so that my Wii could connect online. I just plug it to the USB port on my PC and I am ready to go online with the Wii.
Now my question is, can I use non-Nintendo stuff with this UBS Connector? Like can I get other USB connector for a Notebook and get it look up with my PC like Wii does? Or better yet could I use the Nintendo WiFi to get my TiVo online?
I know, go wirless right? I will but thought if I could do it with what I got now, or little more could be a good test run. I looked at going wireless today but I don't have the money for all that right now (A router, a card, a notebook, the tivo connector, etc).
So can other things use the Nintendo Wi-fi? Anyone know a site that maybe can tell me more?
thanks
Old 07-14-07, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe so. It's a dedicated network connection only a Wii will recognize.