Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Old 11-25-08, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
About the headshot a witch achievement, for those who got it, how did you do it?
One of the guys I play with did it by getting the shotgun, moving behind her so he was right next to her (flashlight off, obviously), startled her, and just as she was getting up, blew her head off with the shottie.
Old 11-25-08, 01:21 PM

Versus mode is fun. I got booted off after the team went 2 for 3 and they blamed me for it. Too bad people get way too personal with games. It's all about the fun right?
Old 11-25-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
^ That's why I can't stand multi-player for the most part - in another game, I shot a guy on my team by accident, and then he proceeds to just keep killing me each chance he got until I quit. That kinda stuff happens too often for me to be excited for games that are primarily multi-players.
Old 11-25-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You just have to get a good group of people to play with. I play with the same 10 or so guys all the time, and we have a lot of fun, and now win a lot, because we're all on the same page and coordinated in what we're doing (in any game really), but especially this one. You can not win versus unless you're all working together on both sides.
Old 11-25-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah there's a witch in the game's Intro scene. But I didn't connect it to the actual game/demo even when I came across one in the Subway. But then I saw the Intro again when I started last night and I was like, Ooooh ok.

If anyone wants to add me for some Co-op for this game or GOW2. Please feel free to do so.
Accepted your request . Last night with a couple of buds ran through the whole game on normal. There a couple of times in the games were we got attacked by all the special zombies at once. I look over to my right and one of my boys is hiding in the bushes.
Old 11-25-08, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
^ That's why I can't stand multi-player for the most part - in another game, I shot a guy on my team by accident, and then he proceeds to just keep killing me each chance he got until I quit. That kinda stuff happens too often for me to be excited for games that are primarily multi-players.
Do you remember what their gamertag were? That way we know to avoid playing in the game with them.
Old 11-26-08, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Larry C.
Accepted your request . Last night with a couple of buds ran through the whole game on normal. There a couple of times in the games were we got attacked by all the special zombies at once. I look over to my right and one of my boys is hiding in the bushes.
Cool.
Old 11-26-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey Robo getting off of work early.... I'm up for some zombie killing today if your down. LMK.
Old 11-26-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I work at night so I'm not sure if I'll be up but yeah, if you see me on send me an invite.
Old 11-26-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I work at night so I'm not sure if I'll be up but yeah, if you see me on send me an invite.
Pole dancing?
Old 11-26-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to get the game soon (rented it last weekend and had a blast). Xbox gamertag is Grendel1974. I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to my gaming, so hopefully I could find some like-minded individuals to play with.
Old 11-26-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pole dancing?
Nope. Pole cleaner.
Old 11-26-08, 04:40 PM

Nope. Pole cleaner.
I wish I had your job!!!!
Old 11-28-08, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow, I finally got up the nerve to try a Versus match and it was a lot of fun.
Old 11-28-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope. Pole cleaner.
Dude I hope you wear a hazmat suit
Old 11-28-08, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
In a way I do wish the game had some progression, but in another way I'm fine with it not, since it has the movie/chapter selection. For my own enjoyment I'm working through it in order, and I know where I am, I just quit only at the end of a scene.
I'm actually playing single player and enjoying it. The friendly bots are active enough to help me when I need help, but they stay in the background till I need them and they let me explore.
My dad who's up here visiting was playing yesterday. That was interesting. He actually did make it through the first scene (on easy)--his main problem is with up/down look controls.
I'd like to give it a shot online with some folks who are a little more patient with people who aren't professional quality.
Old 11-28-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dude I hope you wear a hazmat suit

Old 11-28-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dtcarson
In a way I do wish the game had some progression, but in another way I'm fine with it not, since it has the movie/chapter selection. For my own enjoyment I'm working through it in order, and I know where I am, I just quit only at the end of a scene.
I'm actually playing single player and enjoying it. The friendly bots are active enough to help me when I need help, but they stay in the background till I need them and they let me explore.

Yeah, I LOVE the AI in single player. My only issue is....they'll often stay back and not make a move until you go 1st into a room. I gotta be honest, that's kinda scary/nerve racking. But hey, once you go in they're right behind you ready to fight.

My dad who's up here visiting was playing yesterday. That was interesting. He actually did make it through the first scene (on easy)--his main problem is with up/down look controls.
I have my 360 Universal settings to "Inverted" for up and down. I wonder if your Dad might do better with that setting?

I'd like to give it a shot online with some folks who are a little more patient with people who aren't professional quality.
My schedule is weird and i'm still hoping some of us in here can get together and Re-kill some undead.
Old 11-28-08, 03:04 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Grabbed this today at Gamestop. $10 off, not the best Black Friday deal ever, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully I'll get some time to play it tonight.
Old 11-28-08, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Although I played Versus, how long does it last? I'm ashamed to say that I had to pull out at a certain point because it seemed like it would last forever and I had to get some sleep before work. Anyway, I thought once a team won it would be over but we just kept switching between survivors and Infected and I ended up playing for over an hour.
Old 11-28-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
It plays through the movie/campaign.
Old 11-28-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
It plays through the movie/campaign.
Really? Do you mean the whole game or just the chapters? i.e. Because we made it to the Hospital rooftop and I though we made it to the helicopter since we flew off and the scores came up but then it started but it seemed like we switched sides and started in a familiar safe room. That's when I had to leave.
Old 11-28-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
You pick the level and it plays through the chapters of that level, alternating the teams for each section... so basically you play it twice.

If you played No Mercy then it would play all the chapters with each team alternating and trying to beat the other teams score for each chapter.

After both teams play the final chapter (Rescue) the game ends.
Old 11-28-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
You pick the level and it plays through the chapters of that level, alternating the teams for each section... so basically you play it twice.

If you played No Mercy then it would play all the chapters with each team alternating and trying to beat the other teams score for each chapter.

After both teams play the final chapter (Rescue) the game ends.

Ooooh, ok thanks. This is a game that needs one to set aside a chunk of time when playing.
Old 11-28-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also if you get a party of four buddies who can work together to play versus against random people online you can really work over a good number. We played for a few hours last night and the other team consisted of 4 individuals (not people in a party) and they had members dropping in and out all evening and we were tearing them up as the Infected.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.