Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Left 4 Dead-8 Player Co-Op

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-08, 09:12 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You get credit for completing the campaign as long as at least one human player makes it -- even if it's not you.
Old 11-23-08, 09:16 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
You get credit for completing the campaign as long as at least one human player makes it -- even if it's not you.
Well me and my nephew were the only 2 humans playing, and we both died. The computer controlled players lived.
Old 11-23-08, 11:19 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
I was playing single player on Death Toll. The three AI characters ran for the boat and left me surrounded by a swarm and getting plowed by a Tank. After I died, the boat pulled away and the movie ended. But it was dedicated to my memory and I got credit for completing the campaign.
Old 11-24-08, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Ok, I finally broke down and picked this up. Put it this way, I finished GOW2 today and still had a need to shoot guns, blow up stuff, and kill shit.
Old 11-24-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Ok, I finally broke down and picked this up. Put it this way, I finished GOW2 today and still had a need to shoot guns, blow up stuff, and kill shit.
This will satisfy that need.

Well, that or we'll be reading about you in the papers.

Just kidding.....I don't read.
Old 11-24-08, 11:07 AM

I recently played the game with some guy with the name of DR in the beginning. Anways, he was caught by a smoker and I did not know it but I finally saved him. To make the long story short, he thought I left him on purpose and then started to player kill me. Just watch out for who you play with. There are a lot of wieners out there.
Old 11-24-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kiett_2000
I recently played the game with some guy with the name of DR in the beginning. Anways, he was caught by a smoker and I did not know it but I finally saved him. To make the long story short, he thought I left him on purpose and then started to player kill me. Just watch out for who you play with. There are a lot of wieners out there.
Did he say anything when he got caught? If you saved him, why would he think you left him? It's not like he can't respawn if he dies. So far I've only played with friends, so this hasn't been an issue. Sometimes in the confusion it will take us a minute to realize someone is in trouble if they don't say anything over chat.

Speaking of smokers. The other day I got caught by a smoker. One of my friends killed him. I then immediately got jumped by a Hunter, then a tank showed up. They killed the Hunter. I was incapacitated, with a tank standing over me. Somehow I survived and we killed the tank. It was awesome. I also liked this other time when I was incapacitated. A car blew up and landed on me. All I could see was car, until a tank was kind enough to throw it off me so that he could bash me easier. I think we all ended up dead in that scenario.
Old 11-24-08, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Ghym
Did he say anything when he got caught? If you saved him, why would he think you left him? It's not like he can't respawn if he dies. So far I've only played with friends, so this hasn't been an issue. Sometimes in the confusion it will take us a minute to realize someone is in trouble if they don't say anything over chat.

Speaking of smokers. The other day I got caught by a smoker. One of my friends killed him. I then immediately got jumped by a Hunter, then a tank showed up. They killed the Hunter. I was incapacitated, with a tank standing over me. Somehow I survived and we killed the tank. It was awesome. I also liked this other time when I was incapacitated. A car blew up and landed on me. All I could see was car, until a tank was kind enough to throw it off me so that he could bash me easier. I think we all ended up dead in that scenario.
I know his gamertag now. It was MrBoxMan. Watch out for him. It is amazing that he has a 5 star rating so far.
Old 11-24-08, 02:13 PM

I think I'm going to have to pass on the 360 version of Left 4 Dead. I don't think I can spend $50-$60 on a 360 game when the PC version is $40 and it will have a much longer life via community made mods.
Old 11-24-08, 02:43 PM
Mok

I had a funny thing happen the other night. There was a witch in a building crying, and I told everyone to stay away from her. Next thing I know one guy threw a molotov cocktail at her, and she didn't move. Then a few seconds later she jumped out the window on fire and ran after him. I couldn't stop laughing there was a flaming figure chasing him while he was running away. Finally we killed her and he was free.
Old 11-24-08, 02:45 PM

You get an achievement for doing that, which is probably why he did it.
Old 11-24-08, 03:06 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Krayzie
I think I'm going to have to pass on the 360 version of Left 4 Dead. I don't think I can spend $50-$60 on a 360 game when the PC version is $40 and it will have a much longer life via community made mods.
I'd normally be with you on that. But a couple years ago I decided to stop the bi-monthly computer upgrades needed to play the hot new games, and decided to move to consoles for "high end" gaming.
Old 11-24-08, 03:31 PM

Awesome game!

After hearing how awesome the retail version of the game was from a bunch of my online gaming buddies, I too broke down & bought it last week. I had played the demo and enjoyed it immensely. The full release is even better. For one, the difficulty is higher. IMO, retail version advanced = demo expert.

Also - part of the fun is playing at the higher difficulty levels. Normal is pretty do-able without too much of a challenge. It's good to play on this level if you want to learn the maps. So if you thought it was too easy, try the higher difficulty levels. Even with a group of "veteran" players (who have all played this ever since the demo came out), we still have trouble sometimes completing the campaign in Advanced difficulty.

While the online MP action is where it's at, I still enjoy playing SP as well. It's awesome fun playing with friends, working together, coordinating attacks & defense strategies, etc.

Versus mode is even more amazing. Getting the chance to play one of the zombie bosses is really neat. And playing as a survivor against real ppl is quite a challenge as well! Especially since you get scored on how well you do. The scores they give out for each team makes it really competitive.

Turn off the lights, turn up the sound, man...it's awesome. It's full of non-stop action that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time. If I had to describe the game in one word, I'd say it was INTENSE.
Old 11-24-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First time I heard a witch it freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on. I thought there was a survivor or something that I didn't know about or couldn't find.
Old 11-24-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah there's a witch in the game's Intro scene. But I didn't connect it to the actual game/demo even when I came across one in the Subway. But then I saw the Intro again when I started last night and I was like, Ooooh ok.

If anyone wants to add me for some Co-op for this game or GOW2. Please feel free to do so.
Old 11-24-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Is there any way to save your progress in a single-player campaign?

I went through 2 stages, then took a break and backed out to the main menu. Couldn't find a way to return to the game. Ended up selecting the next stage, and respawned in the same safe house, but with just a pistol and 100% health (like I was starting the game fresh).

What happens with the achievements? Do you have to play through a campaign all in one sitting, or do they just count all five stages completed?

yeah what gives here? I played earlier today and I made it to the 1st safe house but I had to quit so I could go to bed. I wanted to play a bit this evening and there's no "load save" or "load checkpoint". Do you have to play it in one sitting?
Old 11-24-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
yeah what gives here? I played earlier today and I made it to the 1st safe house but I had to quit so I could go to bed. I wanted to play a bit this evening and there's no "load save" or "load checkpoint". Do you have to play it in one sitting?
Yeah you have to play one movie in one sitting.

With 3 buddies online we plowed through all 4 movies and it took us between an hour and 3 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes for each movie (on normal).
Old 11-24-08, 07:40 PM

You can skip to different chapters in single player.
Old 11-24-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a question, so I was playing online today, we're at the final chapter of DEATH TOLL. The boat arrives and I start to head over there, a HUNTER pounces and gets me - my fucking teammates don't stop to save me (despite me having a molotov and a fucking health kit)... I die, they get on the boat - no achievement for me (if you were playing with me, thanks for that - douches - one of those guys had the balls to add me as a friend afterwards, I guess my swearing up a storm didn't deter him). So what I want to know is this, do I have to play all FIVE chapters of Death Toll again, in one sitting and survive to get the achievement or can I join an online game in act 5 of Death Toll, survive and get the achievement.

The main reason I ask is because this happened twice to me (once was a server issue where I got booted with a minute to go in the last part of BLOOD HARVEST) and since this is a rental, if I have to play all 10 acts again just to get 30gs, I'll say fuck it... if I can just play those 2 acts again and get them, I'll go for it. Thanks.

Last edited by mdc3000; 11-24-08 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I have a question, so I was playing online today, we're at the final chapter of DEATH TOLL. The boat arrives and I start to head over there, a HUNTER pounces and gets me - my fucking teammates don't stop to save me (despite me having a molotov and a fucking health kit)... I die, they get on the boat - no achievement for me (if you were playing with me, thanks for that - douches - one of those guys had the balls to add me as a friend afterwards, I guess my swearing up a storm didn't deter him). So what I want to know is this, do I have to play all FIVE chapters of Death Toll again, in one sitting and survive to get the achievement or can I join an online game in act 5 of Death Toll, survive and get the achievement.

The main reason I ask is because this happened twice to me (once was a server issue where I got booted with a minute to go in the last part of BLOOD HARVEST) and since this is a rental, if I have to play all 10 acts again just to get 30gs, I'll say fuck it... if I can just play those 2 acts again and get them, I'll go for it. Thanks.

That sucks man. At least, they did try to kill you after you save them. Anyways, did you accept him and then killed him in your games?
Old 11-24-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nah, I'm not spiteful like that... I was swearing up and down afterwards but I certainly wouldn't ever kill someone on my own team (even if they did deserve it!).
Old 11-25-08, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shumway
First time I heard a witch it freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on. I thought there was a survivor or something that I didn't know about or couldn't find.
I've seen her a ton of times and she still freaks me out. Although that's mainly due to the fact that a certain dolt on my team will most likely spook her.
Old 11-25-08, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The witch is a pain. I have run through the single player a few times now and the team can never manage to sneak past her. If I get by her one of the other 3 startle her and then I have to run back to help.

About the headshot a witch achievement, for those who got it, how did you do it? I have tried a few methods and haven't had any luck yet. I've tried crouching down and sneaking up right on top of her and taking the shot and it never works(for me anyway). She just ends up jumping up and tearing me a new one. I also tried it after the startle as she comes charging but I think I haven't managed the run backwards and shooting with a steady hand yet as I suck at shooter games for the most part. Any tips to get this one?
Old 11-25-08, 08:12 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
About the headshot a witch achievement, for those who got it, how did you do it? I have tried a few methods and haven't had any luck yet. I've tried crouching down and sneaking up right on top of her and taking the shot and it never works(for me anyway). She just ends up jumping up and tearing me a new one. I also tried it after the startle as she comes charging but I think I haven't managed the run backwards and shooting with a steady hand yet as I suck at shooter games for the most part. Any tips to get this one?
Here's what the guide book says:

Spoiler:
Startle the Witch and then shoot her in the head with a sniper rifle as she charges at you. Make sure nobody else on your team fires. Only attempt this at long range so you can fire follow-up shots if the first one misses.
Old 11-25-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Yeah you have to play one movie in one sitting.
thanks.

You can skip to different chapters in single player.
yeah I know. I don't like going out of order though. It's probably an OCD thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.