Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Wii User agreement. What's the issue here?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-19-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts

My Wii is connected to my wifi, but when I try to connect to the shop channel, it says I need to go to Wii settings and agree to the user agreement. When I go to Wii settings, I can't find the user agreement.

When I click on user agreements it asks me if I would like to connect to the Wii shop channel and wiiconnect 24. If I say yes it tells me I must review the user agreements before using wii network services. The only option is next. I click that it and says it is connecting to the internet, please wait a moment.

It then pops up and says unable to connect, error code 220602and that to use wiiconnect 24 and the wii shop channel, please confirm the user agreement after configuring internet settings.

I've tried going back through internet settings and can't find anything to give me the user agreement.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-19-07, 06:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't know the solution to your problem, but here's the official Nintendo page for that error code. Perhaps it can help:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ors/220602.jsp
Old 05-25-07, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
My Wii is connected to my wifi, but when I try to connect to the shop channel, it says I need to go to Wii settings and agree to the user agreement. When I go to Wii settings, I can't find the user agreement.

When I click on user agreements it asks me if I would like to connect to the Wii shop channel and wiiconnect 24. If I say yes it tells me I must review the user agreements before using wii network services. The only option is next. I click that it and says it is connecting to the internet, please wait a moment.

It then pops up and says unable to connect, error code 220602and that to use wiiconnect 24 and the wii shop channel, please confirm the user agreement after configuring internet settings.

I've tried going back through internet settings and can't find anything to give me the user agreement.

What am I doing wrong?
It went on like this with my Wii for 2 weeks and NOA finally told me to have the unit sent to them for service. I am overseas but bought my Wii during my last visit to the U.S. at at EBgames store in Spokane. So you can imagine what I was about to go through shipping it back and all.

I made a last ditch effort with NOA's customer service 800 #. The rep and I went through the set up process slowly but surely. And this time did a manual set up of the internet settings with the help of the I.P. addy of my router (Linksys WRT54Gv7), etc...

Lo and behold! After another update, the User Agreement text came out!! I quickly clicked on the "I Agree" option and I was finally able to use the Wiiconnect24, Weather Channel, etc... Now I'm even surfing the net!

Hope this helps MajorJoe! Good luck!
Old 05-25-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
I managed to get this set up last week. The steps in the link Groucho provided helped. Thanks, Serious Groucho!