Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I went out today to find some of the old GBA games and they are hard to find especially used...
Old 05-08-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
So I went out today to find some of the old GBA games and they are hard to find especially used...
I am seeing Fire Red and Leaf Green at many stores for $20 each. The older ones though are tough to find.
Old 05-08-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Nintendo is making a killing on though pokemon games. I was tempted to pickup R or G myself.
Old 05-09-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my lvl 44 Gengar is making these gym leaders way too damn easy

the chick you get the 4th badge from couldn't even attack because he was one-hit-killing all her pokemon
Old 05-11-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I found the fire red version today for $10.00 at Target so I picked it up, and then got my 7th badge today. This damn game is too addicting.
Old 05-12-07, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still haven't stopped. There are legendaries everywhere in this game. I keep finding new stuff. Also, once you get the National Pokedex you get different pokemon showing up if you have a GBA cart in the slot.

One of the coolest legendaries requires you to have caught three legendaries from one of the GBA games to catch it.

The only one I'm kind of ticked about is the one that is a Pokemon Ranger exclusive. I really have no interest in that game, but want that rare pokemon.
Old 05-14-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
my lvl 44 Gengar is making these gym leaders way too damn easy

the chick you get the 4th badge from couldn't even attack because he was one-hit-killing all her pokemon

The Fifth badge gym leader has all ghost pokemon, so your Gengar should have an even easier time with her...

didn't know about the new pokemon showing up after finishing the national pokedex... but are all pokemon in the game, or do I have to go back and finish ruby/sapphire/red/green to get everything?
Old 05-14-07, 06:50 PM

www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/unobtainables.shtml

It shows you what you can't catch in Diamond/Pearl.
Old 05-15-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How come no one made a dvdtalk league or something? Are we to cool for that.

FC 0258 6842 5963
Old 05-16-07, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig
The Fifth badge gym leader has all ghost pokemon, so your Gengar should have an even easier time with her...

didn't know about the new pokemon showing up after finishing the national pokedex... but are all pokemon in the game, or do I have to go back and finish ruby/sapphire/red/green to get everything?

to get everything, you would need

sapphire
emerald
ruby

Green Leaf
Fire Red

pearl (if you have diamond, and vice versa)

and one pokemon from beating Pokemon Ranger
Old 05-18-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, trying to catch the Mesprit now and its pissing me off chasing him around... What strategies did anyone use to catch him, because its driving me insane!
Old 05-18-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, trying to catch the Mesprit now and its pissing me off chasing him around... What strategies did anyone use to catch him, because its driving me insane!
Not up to that point yet, but that's the one I'm saving the Master Ball for.

Either find a pokemon that can use Mean Look (prevents escape), or at least hit it with something that causes sleep, since status changes carry over each time you see it again.
Old 05-18-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was hoping to not have to teach mean look, but looks like Im going to have to. The Dialga was pretty simple but this guy is a bitch.
Old 05-18-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was hoping to not have to teach mean look, but looks like Im going to have to. The Dialga was pretty simple but this guy is a bitch.
I used the Masterball on this one, but there is another Legendary after you get the National Pokedex that does this running from battle thing as well. I caught it with Firespin, but Mean Look is also a good option.

BTW, I hope everyone is trying out the Global Trading System. Japanese players will give you really rare Pokemon for nothing. So far I have traded with 3 players from Japan, 1 from Mexico and 1 from Costa Rica. I have picked up Palkia, Metacross, the 2 other starters and a couple of other Pearl exclusives.
Old 05-19-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you battle someone with a pokemon from say ruby red can you then trade for that pokemon on GTS?
Old 05-19-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
If you battle someone with a pokemon from say ruby red can you then trade for that pokemon on GTS?
I'm not sure how the list is generated in the GTS. There are only a limited number of Pokemon available you can try and trade for and it might reflect the Pokemon your DS game has interacted with.

I notice for instance a lot of Japanese players are requesting Manaphy, but I am unable to have that name come up in my list so I can't request it in trade.
Old 05-20-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I traded with my friend for a Turtwig egg, and I want a female one. Is the gender based on from when the egg is made, or when it hatches? I saved it right before the egg hatches, and I've been soft resetting since I'm only hatching males.
Old 05-20-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got the Mesprit (just used the Master ball) and now heading to face the elite 4... All my Pokemon are at least at level 50. When you start battling them, can you go back and recharge or do I need to stock up on revives and heals?
Old 05-20-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You need to stock up on revives and heals. There's no turning back.

And the Champion's pokemon are around level 60, so I'd get to at least 55-56 for each pokemon before going forward.
Old 05-21-07, 03:32 PM
Cool New Member

Hey, has anybody spent time messing around with the underground? I go down there, locate the treasure, but can't figure out how to pick up stuff. I get right on it, and press the 'a' button, but still no luck...

Can anyone help with this? It seems like a big dimension of the game....
Old 05-21-07, 03:36 PM

if you are talking about the tracker, you actually need to be right next to it, as opposed to standing on it

and yea, you hit 'A'
Old 05-21-07, 04:32 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
if you are talking about the tracker, you actually need to be right next to it, as opposed to standing on it

and yea, you hit 'A'
Have you gone down there? Is it worth side tracking myself from my Quest to defeat the Pokemon League?
Old 05-21-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been going underground a bit to try and get fossils. It is okay. Basically you find a spot on the map and then hit A there to start a minigame with the stylus. Again its an alright feature and you can also build your clubhouse down there. Cool when you consider it just one more thing to do in an already lengthy game.
Old 05-21-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've found some decent items in the Underground (including the Plates that are hold items that raise Ice/Fight/Poison-type moves). Haven't spent too much time down there. I need to go down and find a couple of heart scales to go to the Move Tutor though.

I'm 33+ hours in and on 6 badges right now.
Old 05-21-07, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I beat the Elite 4 and the final chick to become Pokemon League champ tonight... The final fight took me forever and basically just kept healing my Empolean and Dialga and finally beat her. Im still missing one Pokemon in the Pokedex and Im pretty sure its the Azilf that I havent tried to get yet. Anyways, this game was a load of fun and now cant wait to see what else is left to do in it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.