Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii thread - part V

Old 04-20-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
When I had my HDTV I still had to do the B button boot sequence and it was defaulting to "No" as usual, this was with the Wii itself set to 480p. I had tested it with Prime 1 & 2, Super Smash Bros., F-Zero Extreme, Mario Golf, Price of Persia.. and probably others.

that's strange. so far it goes to progressive for me for Paper Mario and Mario Kart Double Dash. I have Metroid Prime, which I haven't played, but I think it went to progressive for that one too. maybe it's something in the wii setup menu?
Old 04-20-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
When I had my HDTV I still had to do the B button boot sequence and it was defaulting to "No" as usual, this was with the Wii itself set to 480p. I had tested it with Prime 1 & 2, Super Smash Bros., F-Zero Extreme, Mario Golf, Price of Persia.. and probably others.
That is weird. If I'm reading your post correctly, my wii does the exact opposite. I don't have to hold down B, and it asks if I want progressive automatically. If no slection is made it selects it automatically.

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 04-20-07 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-20-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

By all accounts the Wii sucks batteries dry fairly quickly, so Im curious how many people have chargers and if so do you have a Wii specific third party charger or just use a regular AA charger ?
Old 04-20-07, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dazed
By all accounts the Wii sucks batteries dry fairly quickly, so Im curious how many people have chargers and if so do you have a Wii specific third party charger or just use a regular AA charger ?
I use standard AA NiMH batteries. They last 5-6 hours it seems. I just keep a set charging all the time. Where I run into issues is when my Wii sits unused for weeks at a time. The batteries will have died during this time so I have to make sure I have a fresh set charged and ready if I am planning on playing or it is back to alkalines while the others recharge.
Old 04-20-07, 11:23 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get more like 10-15 hours out of my NiMH rechargeables and never have them die when not in use as long as I'm careful that the wiimotes are sitting with a button pressed when I put them in the a/v cabinet.
Old 04-21-07, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for feedback, Ill just stick to recharging AA's for now and if it becomes too much effort then i'll look at getting one of the third party charging/docking stations.

Thanks
Old 04-21-07, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
I use standard AA NiMH batteries. They last 5-6 hours it seems. .
You might need some new batteries. I get 15-20, but I keep the speaker turned off.
Old 04-21-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
You might need some new batteries. I get 15-20, but I keep the speaker turned off.
Yeah, these are a couple of years old and are probably starting to lose their juice. I used them over and over in my various MP3 players, Wavebirds and other stuff.
Old 04-21-07, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

how u keep the speaker turned off?
Old 04-21-07, 12:50 PM

Hit the "Home" button on Wii Remote/Classic Controller and go to the controller settings on the bottom of the screen/menu. I keep my volume at the bare minimum personally.
Old 04-21-07, 04:16 PM

As far as battery life goes, I remove the batteries from the remote if I'm not using my Wii. One time after leaving the batteries in and I hadn't used the Wii for almost two weeks, the next time I tried playing, the batteries were dead. Taking them out seems to help make them last a little longer, but maybe it's just me.
Old 04-21-07, 04:19 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by ltrain
As far as battery life goes, I remove the batteries from the remote if I'm not using my Wii. One time after leaving the batteries in and I hadn't used the Wii for almost two weeks, the next time I tried playing, the batteries were dead. Taking them out seems to help make them last a little longer, but maybe it's just me.

They will go dead if the remote is up against something so one of the buttons is pressed down.
Old 04-21-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ltrain
If you are talking about NiMH batteries they will lose their charge even if not being used. If you mean alkalines they really should be just fine even left in the Wiimote. I had alkalines in one of my Wiimotes for a month unused and it still showed full charge when I checked it.
Old 04-21-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Just saw the Nyko recharge kit (for 2 wiimotes) + spare component cable for $33 at Sam's. I think the Nyko runs $30 alone so if you ever transport your wii, an extra set of component cable would be one less thing to unhook everytime. Pretty decent deal.

I was tempted, but I use rechargable AAs right now and have no issues with them.
Old 04-21-07, 07:30 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
If you are talking about NiMH batteries they will lose their charge even if not being used.
Take a look at the Sanyo Eneloop Batteries , I just ordered some from Amazon, they are on sale there 50% off right now. They claim very low discharge. Should be perfect for the Wii remotes.
Old 04-21-07, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PerryD
Take a look at the Sanyo Eneloop Batteries , I just ordered some from Amazon, they are on sale there 50% off right now. They claim very low discharge. Should be perfect for the Wii remotes.
Those rock. I may need to switch to those bad boys.
Old 04-21-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
I use some regular rechargeable AAs I've got....I have a couple sets, some Panasonic, some Monsters I got real cheap. Rechargeables are definitely worth the money for pretty much anyone who's got any tech (between Wiimotes, Harmony remote [both of which suck the batteries], and kid toys, buying disposable batteries is a losing proposition.)
If you keep an eye on a site called www.thingfling.com, they have cheap batteries, both regular and rechargeable, reasonably often. (I got a Monster charger and 4 AA batteries for 4.99 shipped from them).
Old 04-22-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Help.

I was able to set up a wireless connection (says I have execellent signal strength), I even downloaded updates for the wii. But when I try to connect to the Wiiconnect24, it says unable to connect, and error 202660 or something like that.

I wonder why I can connect for some things, but not connect for Wiiconnect, any help?

thanks
Old 04-22-07, 12:21 PM
Retired

Try setting your wireless router to channel 1 or 11 and then trying again. That fixes most of those type of problems.
Old 04-22-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who got one this morning?
Old 04-22-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Demontooth
My wife went to get the Pokemon games this morning and said lots of people were at Circuit City buying Wiis. Should be lots of new owners today.

Pokemon Battle Revolution is coming June 25th so I guess that is my next Wii game purchase.
Old 04-22-07, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So how long you think til the DS Channel comes out, if ever?
Old 04-22-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, I REALLY wish they'd add Super Mario RPG to the VC.
Old 04-22-07, 07:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Got mine this morning via the Circuit City voucher system. Was surprised to see all those people in line.

Added my Wii code to my sig.
Old 04-22-07, 07:29 PM

I got to the Best Buy in Rochester at noon (1 hour after opening) and the employee told me that when they opened at 11am there was an estimated 70 people outside lined up. They passed out vouchers at one point before opening....they only had 20 units

I am still wii-less and I have been checking out ebay VERY OFTEN and those darn things are still going for about 100.00 over the price. I want one soooo bad, but I just cannot bring myself to pay THAT much over.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.