DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Sony PSP now is $169.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/497044-sony-psp-now-%24169-99-a.html)

Jtnguyen12 04-03-07 12:51 PM

Sony PSP now is $169.99

Bestbuy, Toysrus, Walmart, Circuitcity, EB/GS now drop PSP price down $169.99. Also, Daxter and Syphon Filter now is GH version MSRP $19.99 or cheaper after GamePro $5 off coupon. Do not forget Checkout your Blockbuster GameRush cos they have few PSP games on clearance. :)

PS. As for myself i still waiting for PSPLITE :)

darkside 04-03-07 12:53 PM

Wonder what the used PSPs will drop to.

Lastblade 04-03-07 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
Wonder what the used PSPs will drop to.

$164.99 from EB/GS :D

Supermallet 04-03-07 12:55 PM

$149.99 at EB/GS, actually.

edstein 04-03-07 01:21 PM

The price should be $169.99 and include an "A" title game like GTA.

Michael Corvin 04-03-07 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lastblade
$164.99 from EB/GS :D

:lol: Well played.

I thought Sony wasn't going to pander to retailer demands? Cooler heads must have prevailed knowing they weren't going to make this thing survive by only selling it on the Sony online store.

Outlaw 04-03-07 09:15 PM

Still $40 too expensive for me :)

boredsilly 04-04-07 02:04 PM

The price is getting pretty close to me buying one just for the homebrew capabilities of the thing. I know it has some good games now, but I can't say I'm interested in any of them, but a $120 psp with a monster memory card? Little slice of heaven.

Birrman54 04-04-07 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
The price is getting pretty close to me buying one just for the homebrew capabilities of the thing. I know it has some good games now, but I can't say I'm interested in any of them, but a $120 psp with a monster memory card? Little slice of heaven.

I agree, the price is starting to look tempting... but would I play it?

Michael Corvin 04-04-07 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly

That's the only reason I would want one and yeah, still too pricey for that.

KurrptSenate 04-04-07 02:23 PM

considering you can get everything for free, all you need is a system and a memory card

with programs like x-link, you can play any ad-hoc game online as well. I really haven't touched my DS in months (probably 4+ id say)

PixyJunket 04-04-07 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
considering you can get everything for free, all you need is a system and a memory card

-rolleyes-

KurrptSenate 04-04-07 02:38 PM

eh...

I'm poor :lol:

PixyJunket 04-04-07 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
eh...

I'm poor :lol:

Yeah.. THAT makes theft justifiable. Sad. -ohbfrank-

KurrptSenate 04-04-07 02:42 PM

oh God

you've already stated your dis-interest about it. Can't you just leave it at that?

Liver&Onions 04-04-07 02:48 PM

it's the discussion about piracy that's frowned upon Kurrupt. Please stop mentioning it.

KurrptSenate 04-04-07 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
it's the discussion about piracy that's frowned upon Kurrpt. Please stop mentioning it.

done and done

SmackDaddy 04-04-07 03:41 PM

After getting rid of my PSP a few months after launch (lack of anything interesting to play...high price of UMD Movies) I'm thinking about ditching my DS Lite for a PSP now that the price has come down and there's a much larger library of games. I miss the ease of online play (the one game I really ever played while I had it was Twisted Metal, and the online mode was fun).

My main question is this, have the dead/lit pixel problems that were so pervasive at launch been reduced/solved? I went through 4 PSP's at launch before I got one that did not have a large amount of dead and or lit pixels.

KurrptSenate 04-04-07 03:42 PM

the last 3 new ones I've seen were flawless. Not sure if this is fully, across-the-board

Crizzar 04-04-07 03:53 PM

I think this is going to seal the deal for me. There are at least 5 current games that have my attention and several top-tier ones on the way that I think I can justify the purchase.

KS, thanks for the comments on quality. That was also a concern of mine.

Supermallet 04-04-07 04:54 PM

I think I'll wait until Silent Hill Origins comes out before pulling the trigger.

Setzer 04-04-07 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yeah.. THAT makes theft justifiable. Sad. -ohbfrank-

I believe he was referring to homebrew(i.e. emulators and such). Which in some cases is still illegal and considered theft. Funny, you have a link in your signature showing your buddy using an emulator on a PC to play Samurai Showdown. Isn't that theft?

PixyJunket 04-04-07 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
I believe he was referring to homebrew(i.e. emulators and such). Which in some cases is still illegal and considered theft. Funny, you have a link in your signature showing your buddy using an emulator on a PC to play Samurai Showdown. Isn't that theft?

You MIGHT have been able to deduce that if it wasn't followed up with "I'm poor" as a petty excuse (and the fact that for being poor, he's given an opinion on practically EVERY single PSP game released in the PSP thread.. it's not hard to follow).

I don't see what the MAME link has to do with it, it's not me and I never once proudly posted that you could use MAME to steal games that are currently on store shelves and earning other companies money. I'll remove the link if it offends you so much.

Setzer 04-04-07 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
You MIGHT have been able to deduce that if it wasn't followed up with "I'm poor" as a petty excuse (and the fact that for being poor, he's given an opinion on practically EVERY single PSP game released in the PSP thread.. it's not hard to follow).

I don't see what the MAME link has to do with it, it's not me and I never once proudly posted that you could use MAME to steal games that are currently on store shelves and earning other companies money. I'll remove the link if it offends you so much.

Your link doesn't offend me one bit. I'm just pointing out the fact that you were giving him crap about theft for using emulators and such and yet you post a video showing off your buddy playing a game using an emulator on a PC.

If KurrptSenate, was referring to actually pirating PSP games and not talking about homebrew stuff, like running MAME or NES emus, etc., then my bad for misunderstanding what he posted. That's definitely something I do not support.

PixyJunket 04-04-07 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
Your link doesn't offend me one bit. I'm just pointing out the fact that you were giving him crap about theft for using emulators and such and yet you post a video showing off your buddy playing a game using an emulator on a PC.

If KurrptSenate, was referring to actually pirating PSP games and not talking about homebrew stuff, like running MAME or NES emus, etc., then my bad for misunderstanding what he posted. That's definitely something I do not support.

I'd be giving crap for Option B only.