Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Puzzle Quest - DS/PSP...PC Demo

Old 04-19-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Best Buy shows the game (at least the PSP version, that was all I checked on) as discontinued. What's up with that? I was wondering if it was related to the small bug that version has or whether the publisher thinks the game is a total bust. Either way it's strange to discontinue a game less than a month after release, especially one that has such hot buzz.
Old 04-19-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
You tell me how it's not cheating when I have 130 hit points and I lose half of them before my first turn.

When that happens, I exit the match immediately and play a new match. No sense in trying with such a deep hole.
Old 04-19-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Best Buy shows the game (at least the PSP version, that was all I checked on) as discontinued. What's up with that? I was wondering if it was related to the small bug that version has or whether the publisher thinks the game is a total bust. Either way it's strange to discontinue a game less than a month after release, especially one that has such hot buzz.
I think this is related to the bug in the PSP version. I have no idea about the PSP version, but the DS version is definitely selling so there seems no reason to give up on it.
Old 04-19-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
I think this is related to the bug in the PSP version. I have no idea about the PSP version, but the DS version is definitely selling so there seems no reason to give up on it.
I have the PSP version. The bug must be the AI cheating.

Seriously though, does anyone know what the bug is?
Old 04-19-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The PSP bug is that companion effects don't work. For example, the undead hunter you meet early on is supposed to deal initial damage anytime you fight an undead creature. In the DS version and PC demo, he pops up at the start of the fight and the enemy loses some hit points. In the PSP version, nothing happens. This holds true for all companions in the game. Not a gamebreaking bug, but it would annoy me knowing that the bug was in there, which is why I went with the DS version. Developers on the official boards mentioned a potential patch via download to a memory stick, but nothing official has been announced yet.
Old 04-19-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Developers on the official boards mentioned a potential patch via download to a memory stick, but nothing official has been announced yet.
That would be nice.
Old 04-20-07, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I took everyone's advice (especially Deb's ) and picked it up from a local BB before they were all sold out. Hope the bug thing isn't a big deal, and would love it if it were patched. I could have got it for the DS, but I'm sort of a graphics whore and with the screenshots I've seen, well it's no comparison.

VS.

Last edited by Decker; 04-20-07 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-20-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
Well, I took everyone's advice (especially Deb's )
Say goodbye to the next month of your life.
Old 04-20-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Decker, good choice! The bug in PSP isn't bad at all, I hardly notice it after 30% into the game (your teammates' beneficial effect doesn't happen). Don't forget to get runes and make/buy good equipments and that will compensate for the bug.

I finished the game last night and did every quest, gotten every rune and siege every castle. Took me a good 2-3 weeks. Loved every minute of it.
Old 04-20-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've also noticed the PSP version is tougher, which is why I prefer the DS in that regard I play the DS to finish the game and the PSP for the experience. This is the first time that I have multi-console versions of the same game.
Old 04-22-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've just scratched the surface. It's very fun, but suprisingly hard. Whoever came up with the game concept was a genius. There's no way those two concepts should go together at all, but it does. I've got to get a lot better at it, though.
Old 04-22-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You can change the difficulty level right before you go or right after you exit the world map.
Old 05-01-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Coming to XBLA later this year - http://kotaku.com/gaming/fahey-faint...bla-256696.php

I'll probably rebuy this when I get a 360, if it includes online multiplayer.
Old 05-01-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just started playing this on DS. I really like it. They took the gameplay of Zoo Keeper and added a RPG story to it. I can find myself getting lost in this one.
Old 06-10-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally purchased this game and spent all day yesterday playing it. I like the combination of the RPG and Puzzle games but the enemies are very frustrating (I'm playing it on Normal Difficulty setting) and need some help on the following things:
a) Egor the Troll - What's the best strategy to beat this guy and his regenerating spells.
b) Siege - How do you go about defeating the castles?
c) Any suggestions/advice on how best to distribute the level points?

I'm playing as a Druid and I'm currently at Level 15.
Old 08-06-07, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, Puzzle Quest will be on XBLA in the "coming weeks" according to an MS press release. They call it a "summer" launch so I would expect to see it in September sometime.
Old 08-06-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sweet. Before I was going to have to go Wii for my online PQ, but now I have a 360 and $10 (really $5, thanks CC!) is a lot easier to swallow.
Old 10-17-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this game is excellent... it actually made me get my first xbox points so i could get the full version.
Old 10-17-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just bought this a couple days ago. I've probably put around 8 hours atleast into the game. It's one addicting game.
Old 10-18-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Bought this after downloading the 360 demo yesterday. Not a fan of RPG's, but the combo of that and Bejeweled is genius. Couldn't stop playing it. Well worth the 1200 points.
Old 10-18-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lastblade
Decker, good choice! The bug in PSP isn't bad at all, I hardly notice it after 30% into the game (your teammates' beneficial effect doesn't happen). Don't forget to get runes and make/buy good equipments and that will compensate for the bug.

I finished the game last night and did every quest, gotten every rune and siege every castle. Took me a good 2-3 weeks. Loved every minute of it.

It took me a month or so... damn game! i got stuck on the last boss, Bane, a fucking tough shit to beat. I had to buffer my skills from all the golds gotten from the conquered towns. The bug did make the game a bit harder... Also, the ice queen's town is a bitch to siege too.
Old 11-01-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

can some one shead some light on this game for me.

I love it and bought the XBL version of it.

I beat the first boss etc..

here is my question:

1) where do I get the Citadel from? I need a dungeon but first I need a citidel to build one.

I have no idea if you win one in battle, or am I missing something.

I beat that Org Dug Dug or something...
Old 11-01-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Citadel is at the starting city. Just go back there and you'll see a Citadel option.
Old 11-01-07, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've hit level 19 in the game, and the game is starting to lose its appeal. The most frustrating part for me is the old enemies that keep showing up on the paths. I enjoy fighting new enemies with new spells, but I don't want to fight five of the same enemies on my way somewhere on the map.
Old 11-02-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
The Citadel is at the starting city. Just go back there and you'll see a Citadel option.
Thanks. I know it was a stupid question but I had no clue where to find this dammn thing.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.