DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   bestbuy coupons! Just say thanks! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/495133-bestbuy-coupons-just-say-thanks.html)

Barney1234 03-13-07 11:50 AM

bestbuy coupons! Just say thanks!

http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?i...oupons1hf5.jpg

credit goes to:
fatwallet

Michael Corvin 03-13-07 12:18 PM

actually I believe credit goes to Rictor at CheapAssGamer. FW rips it from there.

*edit - not to mention that is only half the coupons. There is another whole sheet with Sony related coupons.

killershark 03-13-07 12:21 PM

thanks!

lordwow 03-13-07 01:10 PM

Thanks for stealing these from CAG?

edstein 03-13-07 01:33 PM

Will that $5 off Xbox 360 accessory work on market place points?

LorenzoL 03-13-07 01:50 PM

Are those for US Best Buy only?

pinata242 03-13-07 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Will that $5 off Xbox 360 accessory work on market place points?

Yes.

I did use the DS one just today to repurchase Disney Meteos. I was going there anyway to pick up the new Barbie Fairytopia movie (DON'T JUDGE ME!) and since I keep recent receipts in the van for just such a repurchase/PM situation, it was easy to do.

Nazgul 03-13-07 02:10 PM

OK, I've seen these before and hesitated because well, it seems shady. Are these 100% legit from BB somehow? I know these are often accompanied by the YMMV tag, but should these not be accepted at any BB location and not a YMMV situation?

amped 03-13-07 02:17 PM

Fine print still says "no copies". It's YMMV since some cahiers/managers will deny you as soon as they see that.

From personal experience, I've never had that problem when using the coupons, though I was questioned once, I just said they were on the BB.com website, which they were at the time. Recently though, I used a coupon and was asked to produce ID. I guess coupon usage was running rampant at that particular BB store.

pinata242 03-13-07 02:19 PM

I've never had a problem using them before. Even if they don't scan due to lousy print, the cashier will usually just type in the numbers on the barcode and the system takes it.

However, if you want first issue copies, you can get the latest GamePro magazine (BB is partnered with GP, btw). I don't know how much it costs, but I'd guess < $5 so even with just one coupon you'd more than break even. Considering there's like 15 coupons in there, you might do quite well.

Decker 03-13-07 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
Thanks for stealing these from CAG?

:lol: QFT

Like most of you, I go to CAG for bargains and here for game discussions. I'm glad that BB has kept the coupons coming. I don't know what I'll do if the GGCs ever dry up.

Mopower 03-13-07 07:48 PM

My Best Buy takes about 5 min discussing if they are going to use my real BB coupons or not. So I don't think I'll try the copies.

Jtnguyen12 03-13-07 07:49 PM

checkout Cheapassgamer.com for full version includes PSP/PS2 coupons

Maxflier 03-13-07 11:38 PM

These printed coupons never work for me at BB. Hell, half the time the ones they send me in the mail don't even work. I'll just stick to the GGC coupons if I want to save 5 bucks.

Michael Corvin 03-14-07 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
:lol: QFT

Like most of you, I go to CAG for bargains and here for game discussions. I'm glad that BB has kept the coupons coming. I don't know what I'll do if the GGCs ever dry up.

Same here. DVDTalk & CAG go together like peanut butter & jelly. Discussions there are lacking, but it is great for deals.

Do yourself a favor and sign up there and save a few bucks here and there.

lordwow 03-14-07 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Same here. DVDTalk & CAG go together like peanut butter & jelly. Discussions there are lacking, but it is great for deals.

Do yourself a favor and sign up there and save a few bucks here and there.

Agreed, their other thread is nothing compared to ours, but their Video Game talk is pretty good.

CaptStormy 03-16-07 09:28 AM

Is anyone having trouble getting GGC? I went to 2 different Best Buys and was told they were pulled from the shelves. Not even at customer service. Was told they get sent back to corporate!

shumway 03-16-07 09:35 AM

A 'new store' that had cards as of last week when I was there had zero last night. I am kicking myself for not picking up at least 5 of them.

fujishig 03-16-07 01:36 PM

I'm hoping they're pulling them because a new one is coming out... the coupon for this one, though it lasted over a year, expires in June anyway.

Jeremy517 03-16-07 02:05 PM

There haven't been any at the Best Buy here for at least two years.

TheMadMonk 03-16-07 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by CaptStormy
Is anyone having trouble getting GGC? I went to 2 different Best Buys and was told they were pulled from the shelves. Not even at customer service. Was told they get sent back to corporate!

Last gamer gift card I saw at my local BB was in November 2005. It said it was good until 12/31/2006, and there were a bunch of them all over the place, so I didn't stock up. A week later, they were gone, and haven't been seen there since.

steebo777 03-16-07 03:27 PM

I got these awhile ago at CAG. That's the place to go for all of my game coupons.

Jtnguyen12 03-20-07 07:27 AM

I loves this coupon so much ..... $5 per game is steal deal ever or sometime i got game for free ;)

flashburn 03-20-07 07:47 AM

Anyone have any luck using very obvious (black and white) copies of these coupons?

shumway 03-20-07 08:29 AM

I used the $10 off $40 (in black and white) at a best buy to purchase WiiPlay a couple of weeks back with no problem at all.