Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

PSN Game Exchange (lets split the cost!)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im making this thread so everyone here who has a PS3 and wants to download PSN games can group up with other members to split the cost seeing as we can download a game on up to 5 different PS3s.

Here is a good guide on how to do it. Props to the OP
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=59260

Im looking for 4 other people interested in Tekken DR so it will come out to only 4 bucks a person

Last edited by Harry Lime; 03-02-07 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-01-07, 11:45 PM
Banned

Ok I'm in for Tekken for $4!
Old 03-02-07, 12:35 AM
Suspended

we just need 3 more people
Old 03-02-07, 12:46 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm in. How will we split the cost? Paypal?
Old 03-02-07, 12:54 AM
Suspended

yea paypal for the person who purchases it

So far: Tekken DR
1. Harry Lime
2. Arpeggi
3. Suprmallet

Plus I added a guide on how to do it in the first post for other people and other groups.

Last edited by Harry Lime; 03-02-07 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-02-07, 02:37 AM
Cool New Member

I'll do it.
Old 03-02-07, 04:01 AM
Suspended

I got a cousin who wants in too so that makes 5 of us at 4 bucks per person.

So far: Tekken DR
1. Harry Lime
2. Arpeggi
3. Suprmallet
4. billfan
5. (my cousin)

a small request would anyone of you three mind doing the initial purchase?

if you cant let me know and ill try to get a visa gift card for the buy.

Last edited by Harry Lime; 03-02-07 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-02-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Tekken Dark Resurrection is an amazing game...

its easily worth the full 20 alone
Old 03-02-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

First of all, this is HIGHLY unethical. This thread should be locked immediately, IMO.

Second of all, you are a huge ass for making a post asking people to split a game with you and then asking THEM to make the initial purchase. What, you don't want to give perfect strangers YOUR personal information, including a password that gives them access to your account, so you just ask them to give you theirs? That's a major party foul and also a definite violation of man laws there. It was your idea to split the game, so you buy it and give them your user/pass.

This thread really got under my skin.
Old 03-02-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DamingR
First of all, this is HIGHLY unethical. This thread should be locked immediately, IMO.

Second of all, you are a huge ass for making a post asking people to split a game with you and then asking THEM to make the initial purchase. What, you don't want to give perfect strangers YOUR personal information, including a password that gives them access to your account, so you just ask them to give you theirs? That's a major party foul and also a definite violation of man laws there. It was your idea to split the game, so you buy it and give them your user/pass.

A lot of work to save $10.
Old 03-02-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

yea, I thought it was pretty shady that he didn't want to make the purchase himself, considering he was trying to mastermind the whole thing
Old 03-02-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lame Sauce, Harry Lime. Lame Sauce.
Old 03-02-07, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DamingR

This has convinced me. I'm out.
Old 03-02-07, 01:12 PM
Banned by request

Agreed. Asking someone else to make the initial purchase after you put the whole thing together raised my alarms. I'm going to go buy the game by myself.
Old 03-02-07, 01:27 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure that the reason you can do this is so that if you go to a friends house who has a PS3 but didn't or doesn't want to buy the game. You can create your account on your friends system, download the game, and can play.

I'm sure that it is assumed that once you are done playing with your friend on his PS3, you'd delete both your account and the game. Since leaving it for your friend would be giving him something he didn't pay for.

The purchase gives you license for 1 copy. Not 5, since you can create an account on up to 5 PS3s at a time.
Old 03-02-07, 02:29 PM
Cool New Member

yeah, count me out too.
Old 03-02-07, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Hold on a second. I'm very surprised at what came of all this.

The reason I cant do the initial purchase is because I don't have a credit card. So I was hoping that someone could save me the 20 mile drive to the Brea Mall to buy a Visa Gift card if they could. I knew myself it was kinda f'ed up thing to ask but If it was possible I was just hoping if someone else could do it this time around so I could save the 20 bucks on gas id spend to get there and back. Thats why I said "if you cant let me know and ill try to get a visa gift card for the buy."

Second, I have been on this forum since December 2005 and I haven't done anything to try to screw you guys over. Iv done DVD exchanges on this forum as well working with other members and I have been open and reliable with every single one of them. I have even sent dvds to them first without any true guarantee of them holding up their end of the deal to show them Im not some f'ing scammer

Finally, DamingR you want to talk about man laws well how about NOT f'ing over someones reputation without knowing the real reason behind what they do. I could care less about giving them my Account Number/Password because you can clear all that information off before giving that account to someone else and thats exactly what I expected from the person who would have bought it.

That said, Im stepping out right now and Im on my way to the mall the get the gift card. Im gonna buy the game and if anyone wants it you can still ask for it but understand this Im sorry I had to make that request but don't think for one second I was trying to screw you over cause I have worked hard to earn whatever reputation I have and Ill never choose to lose it over something as stupid as this.

Last edited by Harry Lime; 03-02-07 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-02-07, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Harry, you didn't make it clear until well after you had the 5 people that you had no intention of making the purchase. Don't trump out some "I've been here since Dec 2005" card when everyone else is much your senior.

As a neutral party here, I have to say I think it's pretty lame.
Old 03-02-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think maybe you guys are being a little harsh on Harry. He did say he could pay for it if nobody else could.

Personally, I wouldn't give out my PlayStation account info to anyone but a close friend, but that's just me.
Old 03-02-07, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lordwow
Harry, you didn't make it clear until well after you had the 5 people that you had no intention of making the purchase. Don't trump out some "I've been here since Dec 2005" card when everyone else is much your senior.

As a neutral party here, I have to say I think it's pretty lame.
Your right I should have, I thought to give it a try a couple of hours later but I should have tried to edit it into my first post.

With that said, I guess I have to wait for the next guy who butts his way into the conversation once again writing what has been said so I can once again write what I already said. Some would foolishly think that when one has been here longer they would be capable of reading the above posts. But thats alright, with respect to my elders ill give you a pat on the head next time im in Boston.

In the end I don't apologize to anyone but the 3 dvdtalk members Arpeggi, Suprmallet, and billfan. In all seriousness, I'm sorry for the outrageous request.
Old 03-02-07, 07:31 PM
Banned by request

I never asked for an apology. By the way, Tekken looks awesome on the PS3. It's worth $20 on its own.
Old 03-02-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Harry,

An FYI - you can buy a Visa/MasterCard/American Express gift card from most major supermarket chains now.

Here's a list from Visa that I found after a minute of Google-use:http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/p...%20Gift%20Card
Old 03-02-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, this is borderline piracy. Let's just shut it down...