Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Why no "Mortal Kombat Anthology"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why no "Mortal Kombat Anthology"?

Mortal Kombat, in my opinion, started off as one of the best series in gaming. I consider the current games to be hardly playable.

Why has Midway not yet released an Anthology of MK games (similar to the recent Metal Slug Anthology) with perfect Arcade ports of all the MK games?
Yea, we had the Arcade Treasures series with MK2 and MK3, but those weren't even arcade perfect.

I would love to see this for the Wii especially (classic controller= drool), as well as ps3 and xbox 360.

The perfect collection would be:
Mortal Kombat (arcade)
Mortal Kombat II (arcade)
Mortal Kombat 3 (arcade)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (arcade)
mortal Kombat Trilogy (remade with arcade quality)
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero (N64 version. i LOVED this game, though many did not)
Mortal Kombat 4 (arcade)

Why has a collection not yet been released? You would think these classic games would be a gold mine... i know so many people that would pay up the ass for this.

Also, if they were smart, they would put together a true new "ultimate mortal kombat" with EVERY character in 2 dimensions with the classic fighting style. I HATE the new weapon style combat and lack of jumping.
Old 01-16-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I was hoping for the same thing for years, at least for MK 1 & 2. I spent more money playing Mortal Kombat 2 at the arcades than I would like to admit. The only thing keeping me from buying the actual arcade game is the hope that Midway gives us a perfect port.
Old 01-16-07, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i actually owned mk2 and umk3 arcade machines i was so adicted. lol