Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wario Ware : Smooth Moves (Wii)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DarthMarino
I've you're having problems with the waiter keep in mind that its using the sensor bar so try to point it in the general direction. Same with mohawk.
And the waiter "wrestling" minigame is kind of silly. You really have to "bump" the controller up in the air to get your wrestler to bump the opponent.
Old 01-28-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still pretty hesitant to make this purchase for $50. I've heard so many different comments regarding this. Might wait til I can find it used or after a $10 price drop even.
Old 01-28-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by edytwinky
I'm still pretty hesitant to make this purchase for $50. I've heard so many different comments regarding this. Might wait til I can find it used or after a $10 price drop even.
Use the Best Buy $10 off coupon that was posted earlier. If you have children, this is a must buy game title. I hesitated to purchase it, but have no regrets. The 2 player dart game is a lot of fun as well.
Old 01-28-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

tried to print it off but it says bandwidth has been exceeded.
Old 01-28-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Originally Posted by edytwinky

A friend of mine got it this week and 5 of us got together last night and played it.

Ugh. What is with companies forcing you through the single player mode to play multiplayer? What a PITA!

Now that being said, I'm glad I didn't throw down any money on this game. We played through the majority of the single player and spent a few hours with the multiplayer. It was fun for what it was, but I can't ever imagine us playing it again. Once was enough for all of us. I'd say paying $20 for it might even be stretching it.

As for the game itself, it makes great use of the wiimote and some of the microgames are a hoot, but there definitely is not enough substance to warrant visiting the title again. Weekend rental at best when you can have your friends over to play together.
Old 01-28-07, 04:08 PM

if you only played through the single player once to unlock the multiplayer, you've probably only unlocked half the mini-games.

imo, this is the best demo of the remote and the best party game out on the system atm. different strokes for different folks i guess.
Old 01-28-07, 04:15 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by keit2208
imo, this is the best demo of the remote and the best party game out on the system atm. different strokes for different folks i guess.
Sure, but I'm not willing to pay more than $20 for a remote demo/party game as I seldom play multiplayer at my place.

Usually go to my friends and fire up the 360 when we want to have a gaming night.
Old 01-28-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't believe anyone would not think this was worth $50 after playing it.
It's so well done, it's amazing.

Last edited by porieux; 01-29-07 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-28-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Originally Posted by keit2208
if you only played through the single player once to unlock the multiplayer, you've probably only unlocked half the mini-games.

demo being the operative word. Yes it is a fantastic game in regards to the wiimote. There just isn't a whole lot of depth or replay value in my eyes. Just one man's(well 5 of us) opinion(s).

Yes there were some games we didn't unlock, probably somewhere between 25% and 50%. I can't imagine the games that we didn't unlock would be all that different or revolutionary from what we did play to warrant replaying just to unlock them.
Old 01-28-07, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Sure, but I'm not willing to pay more than $20 for a remote demo/party game as I seldom play multiplayer at my place.

Usually go to my friends and fire up the 360 when we want to have a gaming night.
that's the distinction i make. not worth it for single player. totally worth it for multiplayer. if you don't play w/ other ppl on your wii much, then definitely not worth your $$.
Old 01-28-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My friend picked it up...we sailed through single player and unlocked almost the whole game in one sitting. I dig it but I'll just borrow it from him...not as good as the original and I think the multiplayer relying on one wiimote is a bit of a pain...good if you don't have four remotes, but handing it off to each other repeatedly gets tedious... the 4 player at a time of the gamecube version seems like a real luxury now... only real complaint about the multiplayer...otherwise it is a lot of fun.
Old 01-28-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Yeah, I did multiplayer with just two people and passing the remote was insultingly ridiculous. It added nothing. I like that they have that as an option, but limiting it to that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe I'm just weird because I think the Gamecube version is the best followed closely by Touched (which no one seems to like at all). I still haven't picked up Smooth Moves and even after playing it for a while I'm still not that compelled to do so. Perhaps if it ever gets a much needed price drop.
Old 01-29-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I rented Wario from gameznflix and I'm glad I did. I just didn't care for it. I think I'm just not into the mini-game thing as I didn't like Rayman either (but I bought that one).
Old 01-29-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Gromit
I rented Wario from gameznflix and I'm glad I did. I just didn't care for it. I think I'm just not into the mini-game thing as I didn't like Rayman either (but I bought that one).
I am abit wary about buying Wario precisely b/c I did not like Rayman all that much. I will wait till it drops to below $20 before I even think about it.
Old 01-29-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I brought Wario Ware to a party again this weekend. Every single person loved it (there was about 30 people in and out playing), and I had to cut them off after it was 4am because I was so tired and wanted to leave. What a great game!!!
Old 01-29-07, 02:02 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I liked Touched. Some of the music for the characters I like better in Touched as well.

For instance Ashley(I think that was her name. The witch with the little demon).
Old 01-29-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

my favorite is still the original GBA game, as well as Wario Ware : Twisted
Old 02-18-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Picked it up last night used with some gift certificates I had from Christmas. It's more fun that I thought it'd be. It's pretty funny watching each other perform each tasks.

Well worth the GC's spent.
Old 02-19-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Just wait until you have it in a party situation. So much fun!!!
Old 02-19-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Borrowed this one and its good, but no way its worth $50. I beat the main part and unlocked multiplayer and that was fun. This one is on my buy list when it hits $20 or if I can get a good B2G1 free deal at EB.
Old 02-19-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
Borrowed this one and its good, but no way its worth $50. I beat the main part and unlocked multiplayer and that was fun. This one is on my buy list when it hits $20 or if I can get a good B2G1 free deal at EB.
I rarely ever buy games at launch price, but then I rarely owned a console around launch time. It actually kinda sucks having a Wii now because I know everything I'd want to buy is going to cost $50!!

(fixed (some) grammar errors)

Last edited by DodgingCars; 02-19-07 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 03:59 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by DodgingCars
I rarely every used to buy games at launch price, but then I rarely used to own a console around launch time. It actually kinda sucks having a Wii now because I know everything I'd want to buy is going to cost $50!!

Too true.

I really am starting to regret picking up the Wii at launch for that reason. It's gathering a lot of dust as there just aren't any games besides Zelda that are anywhere near worth $50 to me.

So the Wii has just been sitting there while the PS2 gets a ton of action catching up on cheap games I never got around too.

At least I've learned my lesson and will probably start waiting until first price drops before buying any future consoles to avoid the high prices and post launch game droughts.
Old 02-19-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm glad I didn't buy this, despite being excited about it a few months ago (Touched! redux).

My big complaint was that they didn't do a good job maintaining the manic quality that I loved about the portable entries. The multiplayer was unremarkable, and I didn't find the Wiimote control to be very consistent. Like Touched, it felt totally uninspired. Pretty big letdown after the fantastic Rhythm Tengoku.
Old 02-19-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Twisted is still by far the best Wario Ware game. However, I thought even Touched was better than the Wii version and it was $20 cheaper. The thing that has bugged me the most so far with Wario, Wii Play, Trauma Center and Rayman is the inconsistency of the Wii controls. Yes, they work most of the time. Hell, probably 95% of the time. It is that 5% though when for no reason the controller won't respond or doesn't move the way it should that really makes me question the Wii controls. Granted that 5% of the time comes at the worst possible time.

I did find the controls much better on my 32" 4:3 TV. Moving it back and forth across my big screen was very sketchy at times. The shooting gallery in Wii Play for instance was very difficult in the living room, but I easily got gold on a smaller TV.
Old 02-19-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like Warioware and haven't really had control issues. The only time it worked weird for me is when I tried playing sitting down -- (then the Waiter form doesn't work). Must be an angle thing. But if I play standing up, everything works fine.

And I think Smooth Moves is way better than Touched.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.