WII restock rumors / facts thread part 2, Electric Boogalooo

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

WII restock rumors / facts thread part 2, Electric Boogalooo

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want friggin component cables... Just about everytime I look for component cables I find a classic controller..

Any idea when orders from Nintendo will be shipped? I am contemplating ordering the component cables from them.
Old 01-04-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I've seen component cables at several places here in town. I think they are the MadCatz version, though.
Old 01-04-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sq240
I just want friggin component cables... Just about everytime I look for component cables I find a classic controller..

Any idea when orders from Nintendo will be shipped? I am contemplating ordering the component cables from them.
I posted yesterday that Amazon has component cables available for $20.
Old 01-04-07, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
There are some people that SWEAR by itrackr.com They charge you $1.99, but supposedly, they have up to the minute status on stores like Target, EBgames etc.

$2 may be a small price to pay for this service. Figured I should at least throw it out there.
to itrackr. I didn't pay the $2, but I was still able to get one at Target on Wed.

I got home from work and happened to check itrackr and it said that they were in stock at my Target as of 1 min ago (~12:15pm). So my wife and I quickly went there and I went to the VG section and there were no Wii's in the case. I was disappointed, but figured they sold out already or the site was wrong. My wife had went to the pharmacy, so I started walking over there. As I got over there (other side of the store), I saw a worker with several boxes in the Wii isle. Since we had 15 minutes before her prescription was ready, I told my wife we should head back over there. Got over there and they had 6 Wii's in the case (with the no Wii's available sign still up) and the worker was putting out remotes and nunchucks. Needless to say, I was pretty excited that I lucked out.

Overall, it was probably 15-20 minutes from the time itrackr said it was instock, until they were on the shelves. I checked the site later in the day and they supposedly had them instock for 3.5 hours (a lot longer than I thought they would). Hopefully this info will help some of you find one.
Old 01-04-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Yes, SNES games *can* be played with the Wavebird's D-pad, but it sucks compared to the CC and the near-original form factor. Luckily, you can get by with the Wavebird until you decide either way.
I concur. If you have ever played any of the games you intend to purchase the button layout on the GC is going to screw you up along with the shitty D-pad. But it is good enough until you snag a classic controller.
Old 01-04-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
If you want to track Target for free, just replace the zipcode below with yours:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/...&zipcode=29680

You'll see stuff in the source like:

Code:
  tempData = new Array();
  tempData["storeName"] = trim("Asheville South");
  tempData["itemAvailability"] = trim("Out Of Stock");
All itrackr does is hit these types of links periodically and parse the source. If you write your own parser or don't mind viewing the source, you can get much more timely results rather than waiting for itrackr to get around to looking in your neck of the woods.
Old 01-04-07, 05:57 PM

Gamecrazy is also selling Wii component cables for 19.99. I just picked them up today!

-Kat
Old 01-04-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by sq240

I ordered them last week, they came right away, so the shortages from their online store are a thing of the past.
Old 01-04-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nefarious
I've seen component cables at several places here in town. I think they are the MadCatz version, though.
I just picked a set up at a local Wal-Mart for my brother. They are Psyclone brand and not MadCatz like I originally thought. $19.72 plus tax which seems reasonable.

Does anyone know if they are going to have digital audio connections in any way shape or form for the Wii?
Old 01-04-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Nefarious
I just picked a set up at a local Wal-Mart for my brother. They are Psyclone brand and not MadCatz like I originally thought. $19.72 plus tax which seems reasonable.

Does anyone know if they are going to have digital audio connections in any way shape or form for the Wii?
I doubt it, the system doesn't support anything beyond dolby pro logic 2, exactly like the gamecube.

The Psyclone one at Walmart is supposed to be a "cheaper" version of the $60 one at Best Buy, without the gold plating or whatever.
Old 01-05-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
If you want to track Target for free, just replace the zipcode below with yours:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/...&zipcode=29680

You'll see stuff in the source like:

Code:
  tempData = new Array();
  tempData["storeName"] = trim("Asheville South");
  tempData["itemAvailability"] = trim("Out Of Stock");
All itrackr does is hit these types of links periodically and parse the source. If you write your own parser or don't mind viewing the source, you can get much more timely results rather than waiting for itrackr to get around to looking in your neck of the woods.

Thanks dude... tried, nothing for my zip code, maybe i didn't do it right? Anyone else got it work? Well, i really want to get it in TRU, since you can apply a CCard and then get a 10% off
Old 01-05-07, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doing the Target thing shows that three stores in my area say either In Stock! or Limited Availability, but yet those stores swear they don't have any.
Old 01-05-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To be clear, you have to look at the page source to see the status at Target.
Old 01-05-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Doing the Target thing shows that three stores in my area say either In Stock! or Limited Availability, but yet those stores swear they don't have any.
It could be:

1) ...that they have units in a storeroom or something that haven't made their way up front

2) ...that they've sold out, but the inventory system on the website hasn't been updated to reflect that

2) ...that lazy employees are just saying "no" instead of checking.
Old 01-05-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
or
2) ...reserved for people who are actually in store and not going to promise you something over the phone just to get harassed when you get there too late.
Old 01-05-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

or
2) ...reserved for people who are actually in store and not going to promise you something over the phone just to get harassed when you get there too late.
I hope not 'cause that's kinda dumb. It's not that hard to say "we have one or two, but I'm not sure how much longer they're going to be here" over the phone.
Old 01-05-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No doubt, but I've also heard of all kinds of dumb retail policies. Seems similar to not sellling items until the Sunday ad hits advertising it to me.
Old 01-05-07, 10:32 AM
Suspended

No doubt, but I've also heard of all kinds of dumb retail policies. Seems similar to not sellling items until the Sunday ad hits advertising it to me.
Most state laws require that if you have an item placed in your weekly ad, that you have to have X amount available on the first day of the ad.
Old 01-05-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder if the inventory discrepancy could be an issue with returns. They have systems in inventory, but they're not ones they can sell as new?
Old 01-05-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I wonder if the inventory discrepancy could be an issue with returns. They have systems in inventory, but they're not ones they can sell as new?
I saw people return PS3s, but not Wiis... However, from past experience, if you return something new (box is not opened) to TRU, they put some kind of sticker on it anyway... So if you're buying from TRU and you see a wierd sticker that's out of place, you're buying a returned item.
Old 01-05-07, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

Define extreme disappointment...

Searching for this thing for 2 weeks.

Taking a tip from a fellow DVD talk member, going to a local Wal-Mart on Thursday, nothing yet.

Go back today, start leaving at 11:45am, decide I have time to stop at Starbucks because yesterday the shipping truck didn't arrive until 12:30.

Get there at Noon, walk towards the Electronics department, see the clerk carrying a Wii box. Run up there... and it's the last one. THE LAST ONE.

I must've missed it by 10 seconds. I think the entire store heard my frustration. Yes, it's just a video game system, but after looking for this long, it's a mission.

SON OF A BIT.......
Old 01-05-07, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AndyDL
Define extreme disappointment...

Searching for this thing for 2 weeks.

Taking a tip from a fellow DVD talk member, going to a local Wal-Mart on Thursday, nothing yet.

Go back today, start leaving at 11:45am, decide I have time to stop at Starbucks because yesterday the shipping truck didn't arrive until 12:30.

Get there at Noon, walk towards the Electronics department, see the clerk carrying a Wii box. Run up there... and it's the last one. THE LAST ONE.

I must've missed it by 10 seconds. I think the entire store heard my frustration. Yes, it's just a video game system, but after looking for this long, it's a mission.

SON OF A BIT.......
damn Andy, I feel your disappointment. Walmarts are only getting shipments every week or so. You could try another Walmart.

You may want to invest $2 in itrackr. They seem to be pretty spot on when it comes to Target getting Wiis in stock.
Old 01-05-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
I paid my $2 bucks yesterday. Haven't gotten any texts yet though - I keep checking the phone just to make sure.
Old 01-05-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts
Im using the itrackr thing and it told me a local Target had / has them in stock. I get all geeked, fly up to the store only to find some stringy burnout with a pimply face tell me that IF they had them, they'd be in the glass storage case (which of course they were not).
Old 01-05-07, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rob V
Im using the itrackr thing and it told me a local Target had / has them in stock. I get all geeked, fly up to the store only to find some stringy burnout with a pimply face tell me that IF they had them, they'd be in the glass storage case (which of course they were not).
There are times where itrackr knows that Target has Wiis, when the employee has no clue. Keep trying.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.