Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

It's (still Un-)Official: Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to 360

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-07, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Am i the only one that's annoyed by calling it SSX? Never heard that abbreviation used before...
Old 04-03-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Am not annoyed as much as I don't understand it. It's SixAxis, right? It's a cool palindrome, but I don't see how you can get "SSX" out of it.
Old 04-03-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Am i the only one that's annoyed by calling it SSX? Never heard that abbreviation used before...
Nope. and it's actually SIXAXIS according to guidelines sent by Sony
Old 04-03-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
I hate recharge things, really... with the growing number of electronic devices in the house, i constantly have to remeber recharge everything. The only thing i don't recharge often is the SSX controller. Since i got the PS3, i only recharged twice, and the 2nd time is not even required, i just happen to be downloading lots demo (BKGround) and pluck in the USB into the controllers. this is why i speak highly of the SSX controller... I played countless hours on God of War on the PS3 (yeah, it's a PS2 game) and the bettery is still full (if the indicator is broken, i would ldefintely curse the *hit out of Sony). The Wii on the other hand, batteries after batteries, sometimes i want to take out the batteries when i'm done playing just to see if the battery last longer.
Oh, I understand, just the way you phrased your sentence implied that your "SSX" lasts longer because it runs on something other than batteries. Fact is that it lasts longer because there is no rumble and no speaker.
Old 04-03-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hate recharge things, really... with the growing number of electronic devices in the house, i constantly have to remeber recharge everything. The only thing i don't recharge often is the SSX controller. Since i got the PS3, i only recharged twice, and the 2nd time is not even required, i just happen to be downloading lots demo (BKGround) and pluck in the USB into the controllers. this is why i speak highly of the SSX controller... I played countless hours on God of War on the PS3 (yeah, it's a PS2 game) and the bettery is still full (if the indicator is broken, i would ldefintely curse the *hit out of Sony). The Wii on the other hand, batteries after batteries, sometimes i want to take out the batteries when i'm done playing just to see if the battery last longer.
There's no rumble with the PS3 controllers. My logitech cordless action controllers, Wavebirds,etc all lasted like 40 hours on a pair of batteries.

Anything with rumble chews through the batteries much faster. That's a given.
Old 04-03-07, 12:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As to exclusive titles discussed here for the PS3, that's going to change for sure, but that only really makes the current X360 owners happy. Yes, it's an important factor in determing which console to get X360 or PS3. However, various other factors need to be considered, like whether you want to use the console to play HD dvd or BR? (forget about the Wii, it can't even do dvd and don't even start with the "if i wanna play dvd, i'll buy a dvd player" thing, it's not in the same league of X360 and PS3).
Your anti-Wii bias is hilarious. People who consider the Wii are looking for something different than what the 360 or the PS3 has to offer. They know it doesn't offer HD support. What on earth does the Wii's lack of DVD playback have to do with Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to the 360? Nothing. It's just another chance for you to take a jab at the Wii yet again.
Old 04-03-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Your anti-Wii bias is hilarious. People who consider the Wii are looking for something different than what the 360 or the PS3 has to offer. They know it doesn't offer HD support. What on earth does the Wii's lack of DVD playback have to do with Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to the 360? Nothing. It's just another chance for you to take a jab at the Wii yet again.
Did someone let josh2012 (sp?) sign up with a new account?
Old 04-03-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarification, yes, because the SSX is rumbleless, it uses much less battery power. I like it not because it's SSX... I'm just happen to be on the other side of the rumble/speaker feature. They are cool features, but it gets old quick for me, i.e. they become rather annoying than enjoyment.

The tread is about exlcusiveness of MGS4... If it's coming out for the X360, i don't see why not on the Wii, after all, there are more Wii owners... Thus, the Wii has everything to do with this thread.

I'm not bashing the Wii (got one myself), just saying base on my Wii experience, it's just a roller coaster ride that's getting old... the statement, "people into Wii because they want something different from X360 or the PS3." is also getting old. I'm not sure how many people realize they are not really enjoying much as before. Honestly, i got one guest last night, he got bored within two hours! Overall comment, "pretty cool, but it's not that fun."
Old 04-03-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, correction, i do like the SSX because of flOw, $8 game downloaded from the PS3 store...
Old 04-03-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
It's not called SSX!!!

I always think we're talking about the snowboarding game and get confused...

I do think you'll wish the sixaxis had regular batteries once the rechargeables in the controller start losing their charge, and we have to pick up replacement controllers.
Old 04-03-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
SSX
Old 04-03-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It looks easy enough to replace on your own.
Old 04-03-07, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fujishig
I always think we're talking about the snowboarding game and get confused...
So do I.

And I am still waiting to hear his explanation as to how you get "SSX" out of "Sixaxis." If anything it should be "SXX."
Old 04-03-07, 08:13 PM

6XS maybe?

Can we get the thread title changed to "rumored" instead of "it's official?"
Old 04-03-07, 08:30 PM

Clarification, yes, because the SSX is rumbleless, it uses much less battery power. I like it not because it's SSX... I'm just happen to be on the other side of the rumble/speaker feature. They are cool features, but it gets old quick for me, i.e. they become rather annoying than enjoyment.

The tread is about exlcusiveness of MGS4... If it's coming out for the X360, i don't see why not on the Wii, after all, there are more Wii owners... Thus, the Wii has everything to do with this thread.

I'm not bashing the Wii (got one myself), just saying base on my Wii experience, it's just a roller coaster ride that's getting old... the statement, "people into Wii because they want something different from X360 or the PS3." is also getting old. I'm not sure how many people realize they are not really enjoying much as before. Honestly, i got one guest last night, he got bored within two hours! Overall comment, "pretty cool, but it's not that fun."

Well, until you mentioned it I thought I had been enjoying myself. Thanks for enlightening me.

What on earth makes you possibly even imagine that MGS4 could be done on the Wii?

And yes, SSX annoys me.
Old 04-03-07, 11:46 PM
Banned by request

Another vote for not calling it SSX. I thought he was referring to the new SSX game on the Wii.

And Ocelot, just because YOU don't like the Wii, or got sick of it or whatever, doesn't mean it's losing its appeal to everyone. And no way MGS4 comes to the Wii.
Old 04-04-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sorry.... now i got confused myself... i don't know where i picked up the SSX=SIXAXIS thing, seriously, i appologize for the confusion. I think maybe in the official PS3 thread? As to the SSX game, yes, i heard about that, and yes, i'm confusing myself here too. All my mention of SSX, i meant SIXAIXS controller.

Supermallet, *sigh* it's not like i don't like the Wii, i'm just saying it's like eating the same slice of pizza for the 4th times. While most other people maybe still chewing on the 1st or 2nd slice, going mmm mmm good (not blaming them), i'm sick and tired hearing about it! Until the pizza is fully digested and there's new items on the Wii menu, there's nothing mmm mmm mmm about. For god's sake, the Wii's flavor is pretty much same, i.e. mini game oriented, i'm tired of that flavor! why are you so defensive about the Wii? I know that it's not losing its appeal to everyone, but if it's happening to me, i think it's happening to other people as well.
Old 04-04-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As to MGS4 not coming out on the Wii, it's beliveable at this point. However, if this title is coming out on X360 because it's profitable, i don't see why not on the Wii. Afterall, i'm sure people like to control Snake using the Wiimote
Old 04-04-07, 12:33 AM
Banned by request

The reason I bring it up is because it seems that for every 5 posts you make, four of them make some mention as to why the Wii isn't as good as people say it is. Talk about getting bored with the same flavor. I don't care if you like the Wii or not. But when you mention the Wii out of the blue for the specific purpose of deriding it in a Metal Gear Solid thread of all things, I have to call foul.

Let me put it like this: If every other post I made a comment about how even though I own a PS3, I think it's stupid and how Sony sucks, wouldn't you get sick of it? I think you would. Supposing, for example, I made a post about it in a Super Paper Mario thread. It wouldn't make much sense to post about how awful the PS3 is in a Super Paper Mario thread, would it? No, it wouldn't. Same thing applies to a Wii post in a MGS4 thread. And your comment about how MGS4 could be on the Wii is not an excuse. You brought up the Wii in an aside, not even referring to MGS4. Now you're backtracking and using the backtrack to take even more potshots.

So it's not specifically me being defensive of the Wii. I would make the same post to anyone who was constantly attacking a console, because that sort of stuff isn't meant to be allowed here.
Old 04-04-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

okay, i retract my Wii comments in this thread... and i won't mention it again with mgs4. anyhow, is this thread correct or not? is mgs4 coming out on the x360?
Old 04-04-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What the...?? This thread title should be changed. I got all excited there for a moment.
Old 04-04-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't worry, I think it is a matter of time before it is announced to 360.
Old 04-04-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
The latest Gamespot podcast dicusses how they don't even have the script done for the game. David Hayter (the voice of Snake) doesn't even know what happens to his character during the game.

I'm going to guess that it won't be out until Spring 2008 (and maybe even Xmas 2008) - and it WILL go multiplatform.
Old 04-04-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
SSX:

SIXAXIS:
Old 04-04-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks Bus

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.