Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

It's (still Un-)Official: Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to 360

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Really? Where did you hear that? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Oh come on, a MGS4: Sub[whatever] is pretty much a given (just like a slim PSThree). Whether it comes out on the 360 though nobody knows.
Old 12-21-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Heres another:

Virtua Fighter 5 dukes it out on Xbox 360

Sega's original 3D fighting series goes multiplatform, set to debut on Microsoft's system in late summer 2007.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163542.html

I wonder what game is next....
Old 12-21-06, 02:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
We should probably change this thread title to "It's NOT official".
Old 12-21-06, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
Heres another:

Virtua Fighter 5 dukes it out on Xbox 360

Sega's original 3D fighting series goes multiplatform, set to debut on Microsoft's system in late summer 2007.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163542.html

I wonder what game is next....
Its not going to happen but I hope its Final Fantasy XIII!!! Please! I don't want to buy a PS3
Old 12-21-06, 08:44 PM
Banned

The next one is gonna be one of the Capcom series.
Old 12-21-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope it's Tekken!
Old 12-22-06, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
We should probably change this thread title to "It's NOT official".
or people could stop posting in it.
Old 04-02-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From a recent interview with Hideo Kojima:

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.
Old 04-02-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
I'm still in the camp that believes that it'll be "exclusive" to PS3 for a while but eventually come out on 360 also just like MGS2. If sales continue they way they have, they'd be missing out on a huge portion of the North American market if it stays exclusive to PS3.
Old 04-02-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Capcom agrees.
Old 04-02-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Fandango
From a recent interview with Hideo Kojima:

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.
what a horrible analogy. If we want to continue along that line of thinking than in that theater experience you will have terribly uncomfortable seats(Sixaxis) and be served stale popcorn and watered down cokes(online experience). Alright!

See. We can all make bad analogies.
Old 04-02-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Errr, sorry MC, i have to disagree with your stale popcorn and watered down coke analogy...

First of all, i don't eat popcorn and drink coke during a movie, it really ruins the theatre experience. Hell, i hate people talking, cellphones, lame laughs (people laugh at anything now a day). For that reason, i choose home theatre experience.

Secondly, the rumble feature is coming back for those who wants it. The SSX is not stale popcorn. While it's not the perfect design, but one thing i like is that i don't have to charge it often. There are numerous times i turned down the Wii b/c the battery ran out (hence play the PS3 or even watch TV).

3rd, watered down coke to PS3's on-line feature is reasonably accurate at this point, but it doesn't bother me, since i don't play on-line mode (i don't think i'm the only one). Also, it's free (not that i'll drink it anyway, but still part coke with melted ice)... With HOME on the way, who knows what will happen? Maybe the watered down coke will be fixed then.

Okay, as to exclusives, i'm neutral... If the PS3 exclusives go to X360, so beat it. Sony got stuffs in their sleeves, just wait and see.
Old 04-02-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What does Capcom have to do with Konami?
Old 04-02-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Fandango
What does Capcom have to do with Konami?
Capcom decided that it wasn't good sense financially to only release Devil May Cry 4 only on the PS3, so they decided to make it multiplatform to cover the cost of production.

I'm with the above poster that says that MGS4 will be PS3 exclusive for a bit, then it will be ported to the 360. There will be quite a lot of 360 owners by the time the game comes out and I can't see Konami ignoring that big of a customer base.
Old 04-02-07, 08:13 PM
Banned by request

It's not really up to Konami. Hideo Kojima is one of gaming's few 800 pound gorillas. He said that putting MGS2 Substance on the original Xbox was the worst experience of his life. So I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to ignore the 360, especially if this is the swan song for Solid Snake.
Old 04-02-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
It's not really up to Konami. Hideo Kojima is one of gaming's few 800 pound gorillas. He said that putting MGS2 Substance on the original Xbox was the worst experience of his life. So I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to ignore the 360, especially if this is the swan song for Solid Snake.
I wonder why considering that all the developers saying that the Xbox was much easier to code for.
Old 04-02-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ocelot

Secondly, the rumble feature is coming back for those who wants it. The SSX is not stale popcorn. While it's not the perfect design, but one thing i like is that i don't have to charge it often. There are numerous times i turned down the Wii b/c the battery ran out (hence play the PS3 or even watch TV).
I wouldn't say it is back until it is on store shelves and developers support it... and who doesn't keep spare batteries around?

Each generation that Sony has been in, I would consider the DualShock the worst of its generation, EXCEPT for the Dreamcast. I would consider the N64, Xbox, Gamecube, 360 and Wii all superior to the stale DualShock. Other than half-assed motion, the DS has had zero innovation in the 10 years of its existence. From the awkward Analog stick placement to the terrible d-pad to the overall non-ergonomic design, I'd definitely say it is stale popcorn.

The batarang design may have been a bit radical, but at least it was an attempt at something different.
Old 04-02-07, 10:12 PM

Because it was a port of a game made specifically for the PS2.

I REALLY want this to come to the 360 since at the moment it's the only game I want on PS3 for the forseeable future. Unfortunately it may actually stay exclusive. Who knows. Either way, if there's one game that'll make me buy a PS3 it's this one. I hate you Sony.

Disclaimer: I don't really hate Sony, so all you fanboys can stop typing now.
Old 04-02-07, 10:18 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
I wonder why considering that all the developers saying that the Xbox was much easier to code for.
If I knew that I'd be the creator of Metal Gear.
Old 04-03-07, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Easier to code on the Xbox platform is bull *hit... More like lazy asses to me, i know programmers, once they're used to the platforms, they tend to c/p alot, any new changes to the way they develop new games, they will say, "it's too hard."

Maybe not the programmers, but definitely the project managers, since new platforms need some sort of learning curve (to most programmers that's piece of cake and actually fun to learn new stuffs) that will delay stuffs...

Of course, once you overcome the learning curve, everything is pretty much a smooth ride. Obviously, that's not a simple task w/o helps and resources from Sony or even IBM (responsible for the PS3 chip). That's why smaller developers couldn't afford the time and money to create games for the PS3.

As to exclusive titles discussed here for the PS3, that's going to change for sure, but that only really makes the current X360 owners happy. Yes, it's an important factor in determing which console to get X360 or PS3. However, various other factors need to be considered, like whether you want to use the console to play HD dvd or BR? (forget about the Wii, it can't even do dvd and don't even start with the "if i wanna play dvd, i'll buy a dvd player" thing, it's not in the same league of X360 and PS3).

If you own a X360 or PS3, chances are you already have a HD TV (if not, you must be using a computer monitor or something). If you're still using a standard TV, i don't know what to say about you. That means, down the road, you do want to watch HD dvd or BR. So, as for the new owners of X360 or PS3, there's another factor to consider besides exclusive games. *sigh* don't give me the crap that you're not into HD movies/shows, for god's sake, you're playing HD games!
Old 04-03-07, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

MC, i have spare batteries, but i don't see the point to waste them when you can recharge the batteries. Keeping recharged batteries as spares don't work, they tend to deplete... That's how the batteries went dead in the Wii in the first place. Yeah, buy new rechargeable batteries, errr, i believe it really saves me more money buying fresh batteries in bulk.

Now, i like the SSX controller b/c i rarely need to charge it. And the second SSX controller serves as my spare. Can i do that with the Wiimote? Hmmm, not the same, since they use batteries.

See, most games allow you to turn on/off the rumble features, but i don't remember seeing that option when i play Zelda TP. I don't care about the tiny vibration (probably eats more batteries than trying to please me into the game), if the option is off, the SFX sounds should come out of the game (the imp's annoying laugh to indicate a clue for you). Hell, i don't care about using the wiimote to play Zelda TP at all, just give me the regular controller... It's stupid to shake the wiimote to do the spinning attack, it's not a natural gaming device for action RPGs!
Old 04-03-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Now, i like the SSX controller b/c i rarely need to charge it. And the second SSX controller serves as my spare. Can i do that with the Wiimote? Hmmm, not the same, since they use batteries.
What does it run on? Methane gas?
Old 04-03-07, 09:38 AM

However, various other factors need to be considered, like whether you want to use the console to play HD dvd or BR? (forget about the Wii, it can't even do dvd and don't even start with the "if i wanna play dvd, i'll buy a dvd player" thing, it's not in the same league of X360 and PS3).

If you own a X360 or PS3, chances are you already have a HD TV (if not, you must be using a computer monitor or something). If you're still using a standard TV, i don't know what to say about you. That means, down the road, you do want to watch HD dvd or BR. So, as for the new owners of X360 or PS3, there's another factor to consider besides exclusive games. *sigh* don't give me the crap that you're not into HD movies/shows, for god's sake, you're playing HD games!

Down the road, I'll still be watching DVD. Just like I'm still listening to CD's as i did in 1987.

IMO Both HD formats are doomed to a niche Laserdisk like market. I often wonder, when an average person buys a HDTV, are they buying it to get the extra resolution, or because the TV has a much nicer appearance than their old bulky tube. My uneducated guess is the sleek high tech form factor, slim size and the fact that they can hang it on the wall moves these units as opposed to the increase in resolution. It just looks so different than what they previously had- Just like CD's looked so different from tapes, and DVD's from VHS.

The public just switched to DVD. By the time they might consider moving to a new format, will be when everyone here is discussing some other new media that just came out. That's quite a ways off IMO.

But to bring it back to the original topic, If the 360 has significantly more units out there than PS3 by the years end, we'll have MGS for 360.

Last edited by killershark; 04-03-07 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-03-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MC, i have spare batteries, but i don't see the point to waste them when you can recharge the batteries. Keeping recharged batteries as spares don't work, they tend to deplete... That's how the batteries went dead in the Wii in the first place. Yeah, buy new rechargeable batteries, errr, i believe it really saves me more money buying fresh batteries in bulk.

See, most games allow you to turn on/off the rumble features, but i don't remember seeing that option when i play Zelda TP. I don't care about the tiny vibration (probably eats more batteries than trying to please me into the game), if the option is off, the SFX sounds should come out of the game (the imp's annoying laugh to indicate a clue for you). Hell, i don't care about using the wiimote to play Zelda TP at all, just give me the regular controller... It's stupid to shake the wiimote to do the spinning attack, it's not a natural gaming device for action RPGs!
I think the wiimote for Zelda is great, including the spin attack. It sounds like you should have picked up the GC version of Zelda.

I prefer the batteries. I do not want to plug controllers into my console, period. There's not enough room on the audio rack to pile a controller conveniently, nor would the audio rack keep any semblence of neatness with controllers plugged into the consoles everywhere. Those of us that aren't fanboys of a specific company and love video games tend to have lots of consoles and more than enough A/V clutter.

I've got enough stuff on the rack. I keep controllers in a plastic storage container above the audio rack or in my 3-drawer plastic storage container in the other room.

And say I run low on battery power. I have to plug it in to play? That's just asking for my little 14mo old to come running and yank the controller out of the console and damage a USB port or pull the console down off the shelf.

No thanks. Give me batteries any day. I've got over a dozen NiMH batteries that are on a constant charging cycle, and I got a big 20 pack of Alkalines for if I happen to run out of NiMH.

BTW: if you aren't willing to keep charging batteries in a cycle, grab some Enloop NiMH or Rayovac Hybrid batteries. They keep a charge for a lot longer and deplete much slower than standard NiMH.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 04-03-07 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-03-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
What does it run on? Methane gas?

I hate recharge things, really... with the growing number of electronic devices in the house, i constantly have to remeber recharge everything. The only thing i don't recharge often is the SSX controller. Since i got the PS3, i only recharged twice, and the 2nd time is not even required, i just happen to be downloading lots demo (BKGround) and pluck in the USB into the controllers. this is why i speak highly of the SSX controller... I played countless hours on God of War on the PS3 (yeah, it's a PS2 game) and the bettery is still full (if the indicator is broken, i would ldefintely curse the *hit out of Sony). The Wii on the other hand, batteries after batteries, sometimes i want to take out the batteries when i'm done playing just to see if the battery last longer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.