DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Elebits makes me sick.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/486646-elebits-makes-me-sick.html)

Evil 12-14-06 11:29 AM

Elebits makes me sick....

No I mean it really makes me sick.

I NEVER get motion sick in games and I play a lot of FPS.

The camera angles, combined with moving both hands for character movement only allows me to play the games for 20 minutes tops before I start to have a headache.

Has any one else has this experience?

PS - The game is a blast!

dick_grayson 12-14-06 11:32 AM

are you using the component cables or the standard composite ones? I get nauseous playing some games when they're too blurry or pixelated.....so maybe that's the case for you. Still, I don't have a wii yet anyway (do have the cables though :lol: ) so I can't say for sure.

KurrptSenate 12-14-06 11:48 AM

my girl has motion sickness problems with FPS games, but she surprisingly didnt have a problem with this title.

I could see it happening in Red Steel, but the controls in Elebits are SO much better.

I'd say the more you get used to using the Wiimote in these types of games, the better it should be on you

Evil 12-14-06 12:10 PM

I'm using composites cables, but I have a set of componenet on the way. Maybe that will fix it for me.

KurrptSenate 12-14-06 12:12 PM

its possible.

You might also want to go to the options menu and change the sensitivity of the nunchuk control stick.

aerobson 12-14-06 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
its possible.

You might also want to go to the options menu and change the sensitivity of the nunchuk control stick.

This is what I would suggest as well. I found that the controller sensitivity I was using was way too fast. The screen was moving all over the place with the slightest motions. I bumped down the sensitivity a little and the screen movement slowed way down. You don't really have to move that quickly. Occasionally one of those little elebit bastards will dart all over the place, but mostly they sit there and sleep.

KurrptSenate 12-14-06 12:26 PM

my main concern now is not only finding all those little bitches, but capturing them at the most opportune time, to net the most wattage

ElementZ 12-14-06 05:22 PM

I thought you were talking about me :(

pizzamousechips 12-14-06 06:04 PM

ElementZ makes me sick...

Evil 12-15-06 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
its possible.

Ok, I dialed the senistivity down to 1 (It was at 5). I played Elebits for about 20 minutes and did not get quite as sick. I still felt a little dizzy. I'll have to check out the component cables when they get here. Hopefully that will be soon. Thanks for all the tips!

glasschicken 12-15-06 02:41 PM

I've been diagnosed with veritgo since getting my Wii. Actually, the day after. Medication helps.