DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Wii Virtual Console Games: What Have You Purchased? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/486179-wii-virtual-console-games-what-have-you-purchased.html)

edytwinky 12-10-06 12:18 PM

Wii Virtual Console Games: What Have You Purchased?

Not sure if this would be allowed in its own thread but figured i'd give it a try.

I currently have 2000 Wii Points. Now i'm looking for games that might be worth the purchase.

What games have you guys all purchased and what do you recommend? Couple games I refuse to buy are Mario Brothers or Donkey Kong. I just refuse to buy any games I own on two systems or more.

When you post game suggestions, can you please put what controller they are compatible with and if they allow game saves?

argh923 12-10-06 12:28 PM

All I've gotten is Mario 64.

chrisih8u 12-10-06 12:34 PM

I got Mario 64 and Sonic.

I am anxiously awaiting Super Mario World, Zelda ALTTP, and Super Mario Bros 3. Hopefully, they put these out soon.

The Bus 12-10-06 12:45 PM

I've gotten:

Bomberman '93 - Highly recommended for multiplayer, accepts up to 5(!) players
Golden Axe - Not a perfect arcade port, but the fun still comes through. Recommended.
Mario Bros. - Fun 2-player game.

I can't recommend the one PC Engine shooter (not good and I'm a big shooter fan). I also got Ecco but it wasn't worth the price, IMHO.

spinning plates 12-10-06 12:58 PM

i'm waiting till these come out: http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

Michael Corvin 12-10-06 01:13 PM

Nada. I put a point card on my Christmas list. Something cheap someone else wouldn't mind picking up, but something I'd rather not pay full price for. :)

IF I get one, I'm snagging Bomberman, Solomon's Key & Kid Icarus upon its release.

Deftones 12-10-06 01:19 PM

Nothing yet. When all the Super Mario games (NES/SNES) start rolling out, those will be purchased. More for my fiancee, than anything. I'd consider buying some of the old SNES RPGs I never got to play, if they put them out there.

Flay 12-10-06 01:19 PM

Zilch. I'm waiting for some Christmas points as well.

edytwinky 12-10-06 01:30 PM

I'm contemplating Bomberman and Sim City right now. Never ever played Bonk's Adventure. Might consider that too.

illini420 12-10-06 01:32 PM

I bought Legend of Zelda, Sim City (for some reason can't type that one as one word on this board???) and Mario 64.

Probably hold off on any more. I read rumors somewhere that there will be an adaptor to play the old NES, SNES cartridges themselves on the Wii.

I'd imagine that's just a rumor since that would stop a bunch of business at the Wii store I'd imagine. Perhaps a third party device though?? Anyone else see anything on this?

edytwinky 12-10-06 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by illini420
I bought Legend of Zelda, Sim City (for some reason can't type that one as one word on this board???) and Mario 64.

Probably hold off on any more. I read rumors somewhere that there will be an adaptor to play the old NES, SNES cartridges themselves on the Wii.

I'd imagine that's just a rumor since that would stop a bunch of business at the Wii store I'd imagine. Perhaps a third party device though?? Anyone else see anything on this?

Don't see that happening. It would pretty much kill the Wii Store.

PixyJunket 12-10-06 01:44 PM

I got Mario 64 and Super Star Soldier.

The Bus 12-10-06 01:48 PM

Third parties aren't allowed to make consoles.

Anubis2005X 12-10-06 01:55 PM

I got Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Altered Beast (not as good as I remember), and Golden Axe. These are great!

Sonny Corinthos 12-10-06 02:24 PM

I have Donkey Kong, DK Jr, Sonic and Bonk's Adventure.

NiCK Crush 12-10-06 02:32 PM

nothing, because i still cant get my damn Wii to connect to my wireless connection!

-NiCK

boston george 12-10-06 03:22 PM

Bonk's Adventure is all I got. I used to love this game on TG 16. It's still really good. I hope they release the sequels on the Wii.

Mok 12-10-06 03:41 PM

I got Mario 64, but I forget this game makes me queasy when playing it. For now I'm holding off till some more NES & SNES games hit.

edytwinky 12-10-06 03:43 PM

Do the wavebirds work on all the games?

mather 12-10-06 03:48 PM

Only one I will be getting for sure is Bomberman.

Outlaw 12-10-06 03:51 PM

I bought Ristar (Genesis), it's a lot of fun! Its a 2D platformer thats nice. I highly recommend it even if you have no idea what its about.

Bonk's Adventure (TG-16) is nice too. I remember playing this back in the day at a friends out. Interesting game ;).

sharbhund 12-10-06 04:01 PM

So far I've got The Legend of Zelda (worth $5 just so I don't have to blow on the cart), Sim City, and Bonk's Adventure. I've been considering Mario 64, but I'll probably wait until there's some sort of deal on points.

Jimmy James 12-10-06 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by spinning plates
i'm waiting till these come out: http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

Are quality NES/SNES controllers available in quantity out there on the market?

pinata242 12-10-06 04:03 PM

Only Bomberman '93 so far.

Setzer 12-10-06 04:14 PM

They've got Bonk's Adventure up? Wow, the last time I played that was on my Turbo Express. Definitely getting that one.