Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Best Wireless GC Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-06, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Wireless GC Controller?

I need some advice on the best wireless Gamecube controller to get. I was at Gamestop earlier today and saw a Madcatz and Gamestop model? Which one is better? Or is there another one I should get?
Old 11-26-06, 06:37 PM

The Wavebird is the one to get. It's really no contest, I just hope you don't mind the extra few bucks. It's only $27.82 on Amazon for the Platinum Wavebird.
Old 11-26-06, 06:44 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, the Wavebird is the only one to consider IMO.
Old 11-26-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Buying anything but a wavebird would be a very bad choice.
Old 11-27-06, 03:36 AM
Banned

Remember the Golden Rule for video game accessories such as controllers and memory cards: First party is always always always always better than third party.

In my younger (and stupider) days, I bought a few third party memory cards for the PS1 and N64. They all broke within a few months of use, and I lost all my saves and hard work. I have never had a problem with first party devices.

Yes third party accessories may be a little cheaper, but the cliche "you get what you pay for" is definitely true. Third party accessories are cheaper because they are crappier. I learned that the hard way.
Old 11-27-06, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by taffer
Remember the Golden Rule for video game accessories such as controllers and memory cards: First party is always always always always better than third party.

In my younger (and stupider) days, I bought a few third party memory cards for the PS1 and N64. They all broke within a few months of use, and I lost all my saves and hard work. I have never had a problem with first party devices.

Yes third party accessories may be a little cheaper, but the cliche "you get what you pay for" is definitely true. Third party accessories are cheaper because they are crappier. I learned that the hard way.
The exception here IMO is Logitech. Their controllers are great, but I don't think they made a gamecube controller. Too hard to compete with the wavebird.
Old 11-27-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wavebird hands down... its the best. No rumble feature, but still hands down the best wireless controller for the GC.
Old 11-27-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Wavebird without question, but I will agree that Logitech is the one exception to the third party rule. Never, ever buy anything from companies like Pelican or Madcatz.
Old 11-27-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
Wavebird without question, but I will agree that Logitech is the one exception to the third party rule. Never, ever buy anything from companies like Pelican or Madcatz.
Well, I'm willing to pick up stuff from them for my 3rd and 4th controllers. I'm not too picky for them.