Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Possible $100 XBox 360 Core System from Amazon this Thursday...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Possible $100 XBox 360 Core System from Amazon this Thursday...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king slug
Haha, I already have a 360, I was going to get this and take it back to Wal-Mart after Christmas to make a quick $200. Shame on me, I know.
This is the single most disgusting post I've ever read on this board.
Old 11-23-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lordwow
Guess ya don't go into Adult/Other that much eh?
Old 11-23-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow you have to read the Amazon discussion board underneath the customer vote page. Some of these people are out of their minds.
Old 11-23-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not getting in on the $100 deal doesn't bother me at the least! Seriously, I can live with that! It's what follows that chews on my loins and doesn't let go:

I got through just seconds after 11 am (pacific), literally, and I got a confirm within one 1 minute & 18 seconds, but it said that it would cost me $304.48. WHAT THE...???

Within minutes of ordering, I contacted them and they told me that they couldn't cancel the order because it had already entered the shipping process. ALREADY ENTERED THE SHIPPING PROCESS???

They said it wouldn't ship until the 27th (That means they're gonna HOLD it for some '4' days, BTW), and they couldn't stop it. Sure they couldn't...

Amazon's policy is that you have 90 minutes to cancel.

They RUSHED these into that 'so called' SHIPPING MODE BULLCORN, knowing folks would try to win by ordering. This is something I believe they planned well ahead of time to screw people out of $300 bucks and suck the interest off the top.

Then we speak to a so called Supervisor named Christina B, who said she was canceling the order and would email us a confirm number.

She NEVER emailed us SQUAT.

We called back and they gave us the same bull and Christina NEVER noted our account. SHE LIED TO US.

So now, our bank account has ALREADY been debited, and we're gonna take a hit of $300+ for some 10 days.

Amazon.Com:

'Nice, Honest, Business'.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-23-06 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 04:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MonsterMan
The only thing that angers me more than dishonesty are the people who try and justify it.

Instead of spending $100 on a 360, maybe you should worry more about spending $2 on a box of Klneenex.

Originally Posted by lordwow
Oh Christ, I didn't even get one. Like anyone even had a chance at this. Please note that within the first 5 mins, EVERY deal they had was sold out. By who? Who bought them all? I Guarentee you 90% of the people that bought them to sell them on eBay.

You people crying about not getting one for $100 are as bad as the people who waited online for 12 hours on Amazon waiting to get a Wii when they first came out. The Wii was live for about 2 mins before selling out. Then there was a big up roar about not getting one. Well, the park your butt outside and wait for it if you really wanted one. If you really want a 360, save up the pennies in your piggie bank, and spend the $300 on it. Don't get your hopes up on one of the biggest internet sites in the world. You really think there's less than 1000 people that have the internet that found out about this deal? Jesus christ, get some common sense people.
Old 11-23-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Edit King
Not getting in on the $100 deal doesn't bother me at the least! Seriously, I can live with that! It's what follows that chews on my loins and doesn't let go:

I got through just seconds after 11 am (pacific), literally, and I got a confirm within one 1 minute & 18 seconds, but it said that it would cost me $304.48. WHAT THE...???

Within minutes of ordering, I contacted them and they told me that they couldn't cancel the order because it had already entered the shipping process. ALREADY ENTERED THE SHIPPING PROCESS???

They said it wouldn't ship until the 27th (That means they're gonna HOLD it for some '4' days, BTW), and they couldn't stop it. Sure they couldn't...

They RUSHED these into that 'so called' SHIPPING MODE BULLCORN, knowing folks would try to win by ordering. This is something I believe they planned well ahead of time to screw people out of $300 bucks and suck the interest off the top.

Then we speak to a so called Supervisor named Christina B, who said she was canceling the order and would email us a confirm number.

We called back and they gave us the same bull and Christina NEVER noted our account. SHE LIED TO US.

So now, our bank account has ALREADY been debited, and we're gonna take a hit of $300+ for some 10 days.

Amazon.Com:

-Paul
Hey THEEK I gotta ask.....Did you put the $100 redemption code you got in the e-mail into the claim box?
Old 11-23-06, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Wow you have to read the Amazon discussion board underneath the customer vote page. Some of these people are out of their minds.

It was the same way after they sold out of the Wii within minutes. I think it's funny how people hing hope on one of the biggest online retailers in the world.
Old 11-23-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There was no redemption code in my email.

I signed on at 11 am, got through, ordered, and got the confirm.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-23-06 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
There was no redemption code in my email.

I signed on at 11 am, got through, ordered, and got the confirm.

-Paul
Did you add it from this link? www.amazon.com/customers-vote
You had to go there first, there was a button that said "get this deal", then you had to go through there. If you went directly to the Core Console, you'd be charged regular price.
Old 11-23-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep.

That was the link in the email that said the XBOX won the contest, right?
Old 11-23-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Yup, it's also under the "buying tips" on the voting page.
Old 11-23-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The guy we spoke to said they were having technical problems with the contest. If that's true or not is yet to be seen, but a lot of folks are calling it "Bait & Switch", so what happened to me has happened to many, Many, MANY, other folks today.

You get through, order, and then can't cancel.

(Nothin' like spending a few hours of Thanksgiving on the phone with customer support.)

They planned this.

I'm just another sucker.

-Paul

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-23-06 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon.Com:

-Paul
Did you happen to use One-Click Ordering?

If so then there's where ya screwed the pooch. If you'd read the 'buying tips' (which I will admit are not very easy to find) for the deal you would have seen it clearly state

When you proceed to checkout, do not use 1-Click® ordering. If you do so, you will not be directed to your Place Order page as you check out, and you will be unable to confirm that the promotion has been attached to your order.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/holiday.htm...v%2Fbuyingtips

Last edited by CKMorpheus; 11-23-06 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Instead of spending $100 on a 360, maybe you should worry more about spending $2 on a box of Klneenex.
You might be the rudest person I've seen on this board.

= J
Old 11-23-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tarantino

= J
I definitely concur.
Old 11-23-06, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tarantino

= J

I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 11-23-06, 06:04 PM

I got the page to load somewhere between 2:01 and 2:02 and it was sold out. I really did not think that I was going to be able to get one, but it was worth the try.
Old 11-23-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dozed off and missed the whole thing.
Old 11-23-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, for Pete's sake, I did it right.

They even acknowledged that I did it right. There's no question of that, they just kept changing the reason. From technical trouble, to it selling out in under 5 seconds, to some folks saying that it was sold out before 11 am.

Look. I could care less about the $100 price as I posted above. That's not the issue. $300 to me is a drop in the bucket. I spend more than that in 15 minutes each week on DVD's alone and think nothing of it. The issue is that I wanted to cancel (after seeing that I did not win) minutes after ordering, Aka: 'Getting Suckered', into buying something I wouldn't pay $300 for, but I couldn't.

...and they can't just credit our account? Woah no.

This is what burns me up:

First I've got to wait 4 days for them to ship me a product that I don't want (that they say is supposedly already 'locked' into the shipping process on a Holiday that absolutely cannot be reversed, knowing damn well every system has an 'overide'), and when it comes, will be refused on delivery. Then, I've got to wait for them to process the return, and add days on top of that to finally credit our account.

(Someone's sucking the interest off the top of my money, and it isn't me. )

They left no window whatsoever for cancellation. That's what seriously rubs me the wrong way with this 'Contest'.

It's like loaning money to a billionaire.

Oh well, 'Live & Learn'...

Actually, I don't know what the Hell I would have done with the blasted thing if I did win it.

Hey! Thank you Everybuddy, for all of your time & help.

Congratulations to all who won, and here's hoping your having (or had) a Great Thanksgiving Day.

-Paul & Treesa

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-23-06 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-23-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Demontooth
I dozed off and missed the whole thing.
I wish we could have joined you.
Old 11-23-06, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought about it for a second when the time was coming up but just didn't give a damn enough to attempt it. I probably would've been very adamant about it if I had been home, but at the Thanksgiving dinner there were better things to do.
Old 11-23-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll take that as a compliment.
Well, at least we can take comfort in the fact that you won't stick around here long at all. People with attitudes like yours never do.
Old 11-23-06, 11:50 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Do you see me getting my panties in a wad?
I just wanted to point out that king slug wears panties. Move along...
Old 11-24-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Well, at least we can take comfort in the fact that you won't stick around here long at all. People with attitudes like yours never do.
I always find it humorous when someone who's been here for less than 6 months starts attacking regulars. (Heck, I don't even consider myself a "regular" and I've been here for 3 years). Either way, I'll be sure to jump over any future posts by that guy.
Old 11-24-06, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He's already been added to my ignore list. I advise you all to do the same.

= J

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.