Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Viva Pinata - Is Anyone Playing/Trading?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been messing around and trying to build up my garden a bit. I was just wondering if anyone was up for trading stuff in the game. I know a few people were curious about the game but with everything else that came out recently I wondered if anyone picked it up.
Old 11-13-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked it up, and my wife has put in quite a few hours already. I've played it a little bit, but the hectic beginning of sim-type games usually puts me off. I'm going to stick with it though, since my wife said that it gets a lot easier once you level up enough to get the helpers.

It's a very nice-looking game as well, and the gameplay isn't so kiddish, with the expection of the romancing mini-games.
Old 11-13-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The 1up podcast really raved about the game. Sounds like a real sleeper hit and maybe the best Rare game in years. Hopefully it will catch on because it sounds pretty awesome.
Old 11-13-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This is (don't laugh) my most looked-forward-to title of the fall. I actually started the Viva Piņata entry on Wikipedia.

I haven't picked it up because I have too many games on backlog (99N, Saints Row, LotR:BFME II, Marvel UA) but I see myself getting this sometime before the holidays.
Old 11-13-06, 11:12 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I should be getting a copy this week from Microsoft. I'm really looking forward to it, and will definitely trade with anyone who wants to.
Old 11-13-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My wife was interested in this. I was thinking about picking it up so she can fool around when I am not playing. Is there a good site or deal to buy it?
Old 11-13-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I should be getting a copy this week from Microsoft. I'm really looking forward to it, and will definitely trade with anyone who wants to.
Consider me interested. Unless you want some older titles (see thread) I'd trade you Marvel: UA or Saints Row. But you probably have those.
Old 11-13-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by jon-w9
I was thinking about picking it up so she can fool around when I am not playing.
Quite a progressive marriage arrangement you have there. Does it work both ways?
Old 11-13-06, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been meaning to buy a game for the wife. Is it safe to assume if she likes Sims and Animal Crossing she'll like this one? I think we got screwed here in Canada, websites are showing Nov 30 release date here.
Old 11-13-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been playing this a bit (up to level 11) I think, and so far really enjoying it. I wasn't picking it up, but listening to the 1Up Yours podcast I was surprised how much they were liking it so I had to try it out.
Old 11-13-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this like Animal Crossing where you can go visit friends gardens? I never had that impression before.
Old 11-13-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am around level 16 now I believe and still finding new things. It's pretty sweet when a animal eats a certain item and morphs into another animal. I was able to tame one sour so far and I can't wait to do it again.

The pace of the game is relaxed and I sure can use that break after all the shooters I've been playing lately.

Edited to add:
You can send items and animals to other people kinda like the GameCube version of Animal Crossing not travel around like the DS version. I bought a crate last night to try it out but had nobody on my list who had played the game yet from what I saw.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 11-13-06 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-13-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is a lot of fun but VERY hectic! Is anyone else having the disappearing animal problem? One of my birds disappears. The only way I can find him is when he sleeps. I see the "zzzzzz..." coming from a blank space. lol I'm willing to trade once I have something worth trading. :-)
Old 11-13-06, 10:03 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Consider me interested. Unless you want some older titles (see thread) I'd trade you Marvel: UA or Saints Row. But you probably have those.
Sorry, I mean trading animals within the game. I didn't mean trading the game. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.
Old 11-14-06, 08:11 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll be getting the game, but it might not be until Christmas.

I dropped a bit of money on Gears, COD3 and Guitar Hero 2.
Old 11-14-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I plan on picking it up as well, but probably not until December. I'm busy with Gears and my wife is still playing FF XII.
Old 11-14-06, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I told myself that I would just rent this game, but I was reading the editor blogs on 1up yesterday, and the more positive impressions I read, the more I wanted it. Since I have no self control, I picked it up on the way home last night and I'm really digging it so far. I'm only up to level 4 IIRC, but it's been a fun and relaxing experience - a nice counter to Gears and COD 3. I doubt I have anything worth trading yet, but if you're playing this game, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Old 11-14-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm up to level 21 so far and my garden in a madhouse. There are creatures everywhere and I don't have room to build houses for all of them. I'm trying to attract a sour with mushrooms but each time I plant them other animals eat them and get sick. Getting one sour is going to cost me thousands in house calls.
Old 11-15-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I might pick this up when the price drops.
Old 11-15-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I'm up to level 21 so far and my garden in a madhouse. There are creatures everywhere and I don't have room to build houses for all of them. I'm trying to attract a sour with mushrooms but each time I plant them other animals eat them and get sick. Getting one sour is going to cost me thousands in house calls.
I have to admit I don't know much about this game but this comment makes me extremely intrigued.
Old 11-15-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

At times the game is aggravating because I leveled so fast at first and then it kinda stopped happening as often. I'm level 22 now and haven't seen a new animal for a bit. I'm trying to lure in a Cinnamonkey but he just doesn't want to stick around.
Old 11-16-06, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Target has this game for $49.99 and comes with a $10 gift card.
Old 11-16-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
I think Target has this game for $49.99 and comes with a $10 gift card.
Retail price on this is $49.99, however, the $10 Target card is a nice extra.
Old 11-16-06, 01:20 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just picked this up at Best Buy, they didn't have it in the games section. I was told to ask the cashier for it, she thought the game looked cute. She was also happy to see something else besides a shooter game as she called them being sold.
Old 11-16-06, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mok
I just picked this up at Best Buy, they didn't have it in the games section. I was told to ask the cashier for it, she thought the game looked cute. She was also happy to see something else besides a shooter game as she called them being sold.
Was she hot?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.