Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wii Thread Part 5 - The Days of Swine and Roses

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread Part 5 - The Days of Swine and Roses

Old 11-19-06, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I walked just under three miles to get to the nearest store that sold Wiis, and arrived at Target by 3:30 in the morning. I was 44th in line, and the store had 69 Wiis. The entire process went very smoothly, and the Target employees were very organized and made sure everyone knew what was going on.

What was funny was that when I walked out of Target with my Wii, folks over at Best Buy across the plaza were still waiting in line to get vouchers because Best Buy opens an hour after the Target does.

I've only played Wii Sports so far, and it can be quite a workout if you let it be. Plus, I'm starting to really like my Mii.
Old 11-19-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
Nintendo always knows how to drop the ball one way or another every time. This component cable issue is rediculous and inexcusable.
Look at the issues that plagued the PS3 launch and many other launches before that.

If component cables that maybe 10% of the gamers want is the biggest issue, then this was a damned successful launch. You might be disappointed, but Nintendo definitely did not "drop the ball."
Old 11-19-06, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excuse my ignorance but I've never used Wifi before. Besides a router, what else is necessary to utilize it for the Wii? I currently have cable internet for my computer and might just get the LAN adapter when it comes out in Dec, but all this updating talk piqued my interest. I live in the smack middle of st. louis but i don't even know if there is a wifi server accessible from my apt (though i'm betting there is). Do you have to setup some account to access the wifi servers? Cost to access them?? I'm so lost
Old 11-19-06, 02:30 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not many Wii games are getting very good reviews at all. Red Steel got like a 5.5 @ Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/r...ml?sid=6162018

It seems other than Zelda, the only games with good reviews so far are the ones that try to be "fun" more than serious.

If you got a Wii, what games did you get, and what do you think?