Reload this Page >

Official Wii Thread Part 5 - The Days of Swine and Roses

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread Part 5 - The Days of Swine and Roses

Old 11-18-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I wish I could hear some reviews about COD3 for the Wii after hearing everything about how good the controls were. I also saw another game there that came packaged with a steering wheel at Target, and I'm wondering how good that is. I don't think I have heard anything about it.
The reviews that I saw of COD3 basically said that the controls were really neat, but the graphics (compared to XBox360/PS3) and the complete lack of multiplayer hurts it.
Old 11-18-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You guys getting any of the VC Games?
Old 11-18-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
I plan on playing eternal darkness again on my Wii. Just thought you all would like to know that.
I bought a copy of that last night to play on my Wii just because several people were raving about how good it was.
Old 11-18-06, 01:10 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cnet gave the Wii an 8.0. They liked the console, but didn't like the 480p graphics.
Old 11-18-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Cnet gave the Wii an 8.0. They liked the console, but didn't like the 480p graphics.
OMGGRAPHIXXXXSUXXORS
Old 11-18-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by lordwow
You guys getting any of the VC Games?
ive been dying to play Super Mario 64 for again for a while now... and i never got the DS version... so probably that. Maybe Zelda.

-NiCK
Old 11-18-06, 02:27 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Pilotwings.
Old 11-18-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 632 Likes on 512 Posts
The only thing I have against any of the Cnet console reviews.

PS3 Good: "Swanky Design."

...I absolutely hate the design of the system.
Old 11-18-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered 20 times over, but can you connect the wii up to the web via a wire? I swear I heard it requires a wireless connection, but that seems odd to me.

Also, what accessories are required for something like Zelda or trauma Center?

Thanks..
Old 11-18-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2
The only thing I have against any of the Cnet console reviews.

PS3 Good: "Swanky Design."

...I absolutely hate the design of the system.
I guess it's appropriate to note that CNET owns Gamespot.
Old 11-18-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered 20 times over, but can you connect the wii up to the web via a wire? I swear I heard it requires a wireless connection, but that seems odd to me.

Also, what accessories are required for something like Zelda or trauma Center?

Thanks..
An ethernet cable you mean? You need to buy an USB ethernet adaptor (not out yet I believe), or a Wifi USB (came out for DS). There isn't an ethernet port on the Wii, so you either need Wireless (through your router or Nintendo's Wifi USB) or the Ethernet adaptor to plug into the Wii.

Zelda and TC only require 1 wiimote and nunchuck I believe
Old 11-18-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
By the way, I spoke to a Target manager and he said that site with the supposed stock is pure crap as the stores don't know what they're getting. So unless that info came from Nintendo, I wouldn't be too concerned with it.
Old 11-18-06, 03:40 PM

I wish I could hear some reviews about COD3 for the Wii after hearing everything about how good the controls were. I also saw another game there that came packaged with a steering wheel at Target, and I'm wondering how good that is. I don't think I have heard anything about it.
They had that racing game out on the shelf at Sams Club.. It looks really old looking at the pics on the back of the box. Not sure what's going on there..

Also, my local Wal-Mart says they only have 6 Wii's... Target 15-30.. Sam's 4.. Circuit City says they don't have ANY..Best Buy 20..

Last edited by PhYbEr; 11-18-06 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-18-06, 03:44 PM

I just picked up my extra controller and nunchuck at Best Buy. I had some Reward Zone money, Best Buy bucks (McDonalds) and the Gamer Gift Card $5 off coupons so I walked out only paying $38 bucks for both. They also had the classic controller for sale but since I already paid mine off at EB I'll get it tomorrow.
Old 11-18-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I read somewhere (EGM maybe?) that the physics are bad and Excite Truck is a better choice.
Old 11-18-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We're trying to find a place for my friend to wait and there's one Toys R Us here that'll be open at midnight.. they've got "over a hundred" but already about fifty people in line! Crazy. Wal*Marts have NOT been helpful. Thank God I got in on the pre-order.
Old 11-18-06, 04:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Thank God I got in on the pre-order.
Amen.

Though I do think it will be easy to find with a couple hours wait and some calling around, I'm glad I don't' have to worry about it.

To be fair, I waited for an hour a 15 minutes to get the preorder (over 2 horus if you count the wait after opening to actually get to the register) so it didn't save myself much waiting time.

But glad I got it out of the way for my nerves and the fact that I'd have a tough time justifying spending the time now when I'm bombarded with a final paper and trying to keep up on course reading.
Old 11-18-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got the call from FYE. My Wii is in store and awaiting my arrival tomorrow. I have to buy it as a "bundle" (2 games, extra contoller and nunchuck) but I was gonna do that anyway, so that doesn't bother me. My only worry was that they wouldn't have Zelda, but she said they did.
Old 11-18-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 53 Posts
My girlfriend just called the closest 24 hour Wal Mart and they told her that they did not know how many Wii's they have in stock ("Bullshit," I said to her), and that there was nobody lined up for it as of now.

I told her to get her shoes on 'cause we're heading to the store, and she just rolled her eyes. I guess we'll wait until later to head over there, which is something that I know she's very much looking forward to anyway. Who wouldn't be excited to wait in line in a Wal Mart on a Saturday night to buy a video game console with their boyfriend? Especially a video game console they have little to no interest in whatsoever?

Granted, it's still 8 hours from midnight here, but I don't think I'll have a problem getting one of these tonight or early tomorrow.
Old 11-18-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! I got myself a wireless router and set it all up so I'm ready when I bring home my Wii !! I'm finally able to connect with my DS too!! Been playing Mario Kart matches like crazy!

I've got over 100 Wii's that will be available in my area so I think my chances are pretty good of coming home with one this morning. I already picked up Monkey Ball at Best Buy w/coupon.
Old 11-18-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We had my friend's mom check the Wal*Mart near where he lives she got there and there were already about fifeten people in line for thirty systems (this was about 5PM). So he said he wanted to wait so I dropped him off there, they were full by the time I got him there (thirty minutes after that call) but his mom had been waiting in line for us so he's got his.. he's just go a six hour wait.

So now I've got some alone time with my TV until people start showing up around 8.
Old 11-18-06, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesn't look like I'll get a Wii tonight. Every Walmart in my area, and that's about four of five stores, already has lines so long that all of the systems are already taken.
Old 11-18-06, 07:28 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ran some errands and checked out a couple stores hoping I might luck upon a 3rd party S-video cable (though I've heard no reports of any S-video options at launch which sucks).

The Best Buy had a couple of tents, and probably around 20 people in line, didn't see any at the target, but they may have been on the other side at the other mall entrance (though I would be somewhat surprised if the security at this mall allowed campers and the target doesn't have an outside entrance).

Swung by the gamestop right next to the target in the mall to make sure everything was set. They got enough to fill all their preorders and are opening at 10 to give them out tomorrow morning. Can't wait!
Old 11-18-06, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am suprised to see such long waits for the Wii. I didn't think you would have to wait for than 1 to 5 hours. I'm glad I preordered, I don't think I could another line after waiting 2 days for a PS3.
Old 11-18-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had to run up to the store to get some printer paper. Best Buy line went around the corner (probably around 30 people, hard to tell because of the tents). Drove by Target and could see people waiting outside, but the store was too far back from the road to get a really good look as I was driving by. Apparently I would've had to go up to Louisville in the morning to get one if my preorder hadn't come through.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.