Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

** The Official Guitar Hero 2 Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Obey The D
One thing about this game that I've never experienced before is the toll it takes on my eyes. If I look down at the carpet after I play a song or two it "appears" to swirl around. From what I read the cause of this is the lack of blinking your eyes while playing, but I hope it's not something more serious. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?
For me when I look at the TV for a bit after playing a song it looks like the lcd screen, which is mounted to the wall, is rising up on the wall. Totally weirds me out.
Old 04-01-07, 02:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
I read earlier today (I think it was in the IGN review) that a wireless version of the controller is coming soon.
Actually, the IGN review said they hope it's coming soon. Red Octane made a vague "no comment".
Old 04-01-07, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
One thing about this game that I've never experienced before is the toll it takes on my eyes. If I look down at the carpet after I play a song or two it "appears" to swirl around. From what I read the cause of this is the lack of blinking your eyes while playing, but I hope it's not something more serious. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?
Yeah, happens to us all, I think. However, I don't believe it's because of the lack of blinking. I think it's caused by your eyes constantly moving in the same pattern (follow the notes down as you play them, jerk your line of vision upward to see what's coming next, rinse lather repeat). After doing this for however many minutes, you see movement when trying to fix your eyes on a stationary object like the floor or a wall. The ceiling fan is my favorite.
Old 04-01-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
I have an A7X clock on my wall thats in the shape of one of the notes in Guitar Hero, after long sessions, if I look up at the thing it looks like it's flying at me.

It's just staring at the moving track for long periods of time (30 seconds or longer), it's like that swirling optical illusion where you look at the core for 30 seconds then look at your transmutating wall.
Old 04-02-07, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that happened to my girlfriend and me too. Looked like our couch was sliding away from us. I still say the game is laced with something.
Old 04-02-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like I may have to take a break from the 360 version already. Since the neck is smaller (not as wide), I hold it a different way and my wrist is kind of sore from 2 days of playing 5+ hours each. I never had this problem with the PS2 version, so I'm going to attribute it to the new guitar.
Old 04-02-07, 07:47 AM

its from bad form, tbh
Old 04-02-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
its from bad form, tbh
I know it's bad form (ie, holding my hand in the wrong position), but I'm doing the same thing as I did with the SG, so I guess I'll just have to adapt a new style for the XPlorer. It's going to be hard, with 18+ months or so of using the SG almost daily, but I guess I'm going to have to.
Old 04-02-07, 08:14 AM

yea, i wasn't trying to imply that it wasn't caused by the new style in guitar-shape, mind you.
Old 04-02-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Is the cord long enough or should I pick up an extension USB cord?
Old 04-02-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Is the cord long enough or should I pick up an extension USB cord?
The cord is long enough for me, but I only play about 6 feet from the TV. I'd say it's about 8-9 feet long, which is about the same as the wired SG.
Old 04-02-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I know it's bad form (ie, holding my hand in the wrong position), but I'm doing the same thing as I did with the SG, so I guess I'll just have to adapt a new style for the XPlorer. It's going to be hard, with 18+ months or so of using the SG almost daily, but I guess I'm going to have to.
Hopefully you are not a pitcher from the Detroit Tigers. Zumaya better NOT get this game!

I should get mine tomorrow....getting it from GAMERUSH as I have lots of credit to burn. This will be my virginal GH experience....never even played at a kiosk.

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 04-02-07 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-02-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Oh my dear lord in heaven, no one could get 100% on this...

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P16H3DKMIDQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P16H3DKMIDQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>
Old 04-02-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Be sure to check out Daniel's review of GH2!
http://www.videogametalk.com/review.php?ID=618
Old 04-02-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven

Jordan
The highest score recorded on ScoreHero is only 91%, with a score of 386,448. I just wish I could beat it at all. I'll definately keep trying, since there's an achievement on the 360 version, and I'm such a whore for that shit.
Old 04-02-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Holy crap that looks impossible.
Old 04-02-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm getting nervous just watching that. It's just stupid hard in my opinion, that looks more frustrating than anything else.
Old 04-02-07, 12:33 PM

i wish i could see it so I could comment...

honestly though, once you learn some sweep-arpeggio solos in real life, doing some legato on the 360 sounds like a walk in the park
Old 04-02-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am running digital optical from the 360 into my receiver. My amp is showing dolby digital, but my sub never kicks on. Anybody else having this problem? Does this game not have a LFE track?
Old 04-02-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DamingR
I am running digital optical from the 360 into my receiver. My amp is showing dolby digital, but my sub never kicks on. Anybody else having this problem? Does this game not have a LFE track?
Hopefully, I'll be lucky enough to answer you tomorrow, WHEN IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED . Damn all you people that lucked into this early, the wait is killing me here.
Old 04-02-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
i wish i could see it so I could comment...

honestly though, once you learn some sweep-arpeggio solos in real life, doing some legato on the 360 sounds like a walk in the park
Eh, just try it. Sweep arpeggios aren't nearly as bad as Jordan (not that I'm great at either). It's certainly a lot harder than actually playing a real guitar at least.

That video shows the exact star power path I use. I think my high score on Jordan is 275k. 290k is probably possible for me, but I don't think any higher is. My hand's just aren't fast enough, and get way too fatigued. I also can't beat the song without using the Hyperspeed code. Not sure if that's different for the 360 version but it's OBOYOBOY on the PS2. Makes the regular parts harder, but at least you can see some separation in the notes during the solo.

Not sure if anyone else on DVDTalk has beaten Jordan yet. It's a bitch, but damn if it doesn't feel good afterwards.
Old 04-02-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Man, I trip over my fingers on the easy songs. I love guitar hero, but I have no where near the skill to play songs like that on that difficulty.
Old 04-02-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DamingR
I checked this out and don't get anything out of my sub either.. Looks like GH360 is 5 channel, and not 5.1.
Old 04-02-07, 08:10 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Man, forget Jordan, I can't even get past Woman on hard. Fucking hammer-on solos.

And trying to get all the achievements on the 360 version will make you play this even more than the PS2 version, some of them are crazy hard.
Old 04-02-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm pissed...I pre-ordered from red octane well in advance, and my order status STILL hasn't shown that it even shipped from CA yet...so much for having this tomorrow.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.