Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

LOST PLANET [XBOX 360]: Collector's Edition -1/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
LOST PLANET [XBOX 360]: Collector's Edition -1/12/07

Lost Planet Made More Special

Collector's Edition offers exclusive multiplayer map and more.

November 3, 2006 - Special editions are becoming more and more commonplace among next-generation games. Today, Capcom announced its upcoming third-person action title, Lost Planet, was joining the trend with its own Collector's Edition. Shipping January 12, the same day as the standard edition, Lost Planet: CE includes one unique bonus certain to entice fans. Those willing to spend $69.99 for the Collector's Edition gain access to an exclusive multiplayer map which will not be available for download on Xbox Live until summer 2007.

Packaged in a custom-designed "SteelBook" case, Lost Planet: CE includes an art book featuring concept sketches and renders. Along with the game, the Collector's Edition comes with a disc filled with videos, wallpapers, AIM icons, songs from the game and a fan kit so gamers can create their own Lost Planet web destination.

"Capcom has one of the most devoted fan bases in the industry and we want our fans to know that we are listening," said Capcom's Vice President of Marketing, Charles Bellfield. "More so than any previous title, fan feedback on message boards including the game's official community site has been tremendous. The wealth of content included in the Collector's Edition is a direct result of input we have received from our fans."

IGN.com
Old 11-06-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This game looks pretty good, I am more interested in this than Gears of War. Don't know about the collector's edition though.
Old 11-06-06, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing that interests me is the extra map. I could care less about all that other junk.
Old 11-06-06, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by msdmoney
This game looks pretty good, I am more interested in this than Gears of War. Don't know about the collector's edition though.
Ditto. I'm waiting to see how this game turns out to determine if I pull the trigger on getting the updated version of the 360 come next year.
Old 11-06-06, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the Steelbook case has quickly run itself into the ground. EB is now full of these used collector's editions and sell most of them so cheap it really kills any interest in paying extra on launch day. I'm personally waiting on FFXII since EB still seems to have a hundred of the CE steelbooks on the shelf. I'll just get it for $20-$30 used in a couple of months. If these CE editions were actually rare it might mean something, but they seem to be made in abundance.

Not crapping on Lost Planet, but the only thing of value in the CE is the map and I really have to question paying $10 for one extra map.
Old 11-06-06, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Eric D.
The only thing that interests me is the extra map. I could care less about all that other junk.
Every game and every DVD should be released in the metal cases. (no extra charge)
Old 11-06-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
"Capcom has one of the most devoted fan bases in the industry and we want our fans to know that we are listening," said Capcom's Vice President of Marketing, Charles Bellfield. "More so than any previous title, fan feedback on message boards including the game's official community site has been tremendous. The wealth of content included in the Collector's Edition is a direct result of input we have received from our fans."
You can take your extra map for $10 and shove it. Put it in the regular edition. Are you still listening Capcom? Hello? .. ... ....
Old 11-06-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Over on GAF, Capcom was quoted as saying that the extra multiplayer map would be made available for free next summer for everyone who got the regular edition.
Old 11-06-06, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought the demo was fantastic. I wouldn't be against paying the extra $10, but if it's only for a map, that kind of sucks.
Old 11-06-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
I thought the demo was fantastic. I wouldn't be against paying the extra $10, but if it's only for a map, that kind of sucks.
It's got much more than the map. Looks like a decent CE from Capcom.
Packaged in a custom-designed "SteelBook" case, Lost Planet: CE includes an art book featuring concept sketches and renders. Along with the game, the Collector's Edition comes with a disc filled with videos, wallpapers, AIM icons, songs from the game and a fan kit so gamers can create their own Lost Planet web destination.
Old 11-06-06, 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Bus
I thought the demo was fantastic.
I loved the demo too. It is even more impressive when you realize that it was a demo of a very early build of the game. Most early builds are full of glitches or don't have all the graphic features working yet. The Lost Planet demo was beautiful and didn't have any glitches that I saw. And Capcom has had all this time since then to polish the game even more. I bet the final version will be truly outstanding.
Old 11-06-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea! Sketches!
Old 11-27-06, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lost Planet Multiplayer Demo Up on Live

Snow pirates, big guns and downloads, oh my!

For gamers not caught up in Emergence Day weekend craziness, from today you can download the anticipated Lost Planet multiplayer demo. The multiplayer demo is a free download from Xbox Live Marketplace and lets gamers participate in heated online matches in the 'Pirate Fortress' stage with support for up to 16 players via the Xbox Live online game service.

Players will be able to select from multiple weapons, unique robotic assault vehicles called 'Vital Suits' and four play modes, including Elimination, Team Elimination, Post Grab and Fugitive.

Hiroshi Tobisawa, President of Capcom Europe, commented: "Well in excess of 500,000 people have downloaded Lost Planet's single player demo and we are now pleased to offer Xbox 360 gamers the opportunity to sample the game's adrenaline pumping multiplayer mode and test their skills against players around the world."

IGN.com
Old 11-28-06, 07:48 AM

you could have actually downloaded that online demo days ago :/

I already have the special edition on pre-order for a month now. Im a sucker for those metal cases
Old 11-28-06, 09:07 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
Ditto. I'm waiting to see how this game turns out to determine if I pull the trigger on getting the updated version of the 360 come next year.
Why wait? Gears of War is really one of the best shooters out there and Rainbow Six: Las Vegas might even be better. Lost Planet looks awesome, but I doubt it will be better than GOW/R6.
Old 11-28-06, 09:10 AM

i really didn't care much for the R6 online demo. I thought the lost planet demo was a lot more interesting :/
Old 11-28-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lost Planet Loves Standard Def

Final version to feature larger text.

Any savage with a standard definition television and a copy of Capcom's Dead Rising knows the pains of tiny text. Those with SD televisions were given text so small it was nearly indecipherable. The Lost Planet demo made it appear as if Capcom had not learned its lesson. Those playing the demo on SD TV sets have already begun complaining about the small text during multiplayer Elimination matches. Fear not, Capcom has heard your cries of protest and is making fixes for the final release.

When you place your copy of Lost Planet in your 360 in mid-January, it will automatically detect whether you have an HD or SD TV. If you have an SD TV, you will get appropriately larger text. This fix is not going to be implemented in the demo, but as you can see from the comparison below, it makes a big difference in the retail version. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747912p1.html

IGN.com
Old 01-05-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IGN Ratings for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (X360)

7.0 Presentation
Excellent production value with a story that leaves much to be desired and some unintuitive control.

9.0 Graphics
Beautiful smoke, fantastic environments, and excellent enemy design.

8.5 Sound
Some decent voice acting, even if dialogue needs help. Great explosion sound effects.

8.5 Gameplay
A few design decisions hamper a very fun game.

8.0 Lasting Appeal
The single player game is worth playing a few times and the multiplayer game will keep you occupied until the next big online game.

8.5 Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

rest of review: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/753/753402p3.html
Old 01-05-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I posted some new screens on the homepage - check my sig for the link.
Old 01-06-07, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Loved the demo. Hopefully, Amazon ships my pre-order out a day or two early.
Old 01-07-07, 12:40 AM

Great game, the monsters are great.
Finished it a few days ago.
Old 01-07-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the demo. Graphics and physics are amazing. I want to get this if I can it cheap.
Old 01-07-07, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
With all the games on my plate right now, I think I'll just wait for a price drop or sale.
Old 01-08-07, 01:16 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
With all the games on my plate right now, I think I'll just wait for a price drop or sale.
Ditto. I'm still working on R6LV, haven't played GOW in a while and totally skipped FEAR and COD3.
Old 01-08-07, 03:13 PM

no co-op, no immediate buy. Waiting for the price drop as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.