Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

LOST PLANET [XBOX 360]: Collector's Edition -1/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-08, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Originally Posted by Gooter
The non-CE is onsale this week at Gamecrazy, $14.99 NEW. Thinking of picking it up. What are your thoughts? How long is the SP campaign? I remember playing the demo and thought it was ok not great but at $15 it is hard to pass up on a new game. LOL

Thanks
Don't buy it. You'll hate it and there's hardly anyone online..
Old 04-23-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Don't buy it. You'll hate it and there's hardly anyone online..

The single player campaign is about 11 hours. I'd say $15 is a great price.
Old 04-23-08, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy it. It's a good game esp. for $15.00. I still play it often.
Old 04-25-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks. Not sure I'm going to get it now as they are coming out with a gold edition called LP:Colonies for $29. Adds new MP maps, SP modes, Human vs Akrid, etc. Works with Windows Live. It is NOT compatible with the original version though.

I imagine the original's MP will be dead, if not already, when this comes out. What do you think, still worth it for $15 to play the SP? Maybe I'll just get The Darkness instead.

Here is the snippet from Wikipedia...

"Lost Planet: Colonies
Lost Planet: Colonies is a gold edition version of Extreme Condition for the Xbox 360 and PC.[29] The game will include new multiplayer maps, a Human vs Akrid multiplayer mode, and a selection of new monsters and weapons. In addition, Luka will be a playable character.[30]

Colonies will also introduce four new single player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill dependent on kill type and weapon used, akin to the co-op mode in Halo 3), Time Trial Battle Mode (similar to the Arcade mode of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), first person shooter mode, and Off-Limit Mode (which must be unlocked).[31] The game will also include cross-platform play between Xbox Live and Games for Windows - Live users. [32] The game is due for a May 29, 2008 Japanese release;[33] the European and North American release has been announced to be on May 27, 2008. Japanese addition will/ has been released earlier."
Old 04-25-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,126 Posts
Originally Posted by Gooter
Thanks. Not sure I'm going to get it now as they are coming out with a gold edition called LP:Colonies for $29. Adds new MP maps, SP modes, Human vs Akrid, etc. Works with Windows Live. It is NOT compatible with the original version though.

I imagine the original's MP will be dead, if not already, when this comes out. What do you think, still worth it for $15 to play the SP? Maybe I'll just get The Darkness instead.

No. Lost Planet MP is very much alive now. It took a hit after halo 3 and COD4 were released but you can always find games playing against people from all over the world. But you're right about it possibly going dead after "colonies" is released but who knows.

I was joking in my original post since most on dvdtalk hate Lost Planet because they're all FPS COD/GOW whores. Although the odd LP player comes out of the wood woodwork, I seem to be the lone out of the closet supporter.

Here is the snippet from Wikipedia...

"Lost Planet: Colonies
Lost Planet: Colonies is a gold edition version of Extreme Condition for the Xbox 360 and PC.[29] The game will include new multiplayer maps, a Human vs Akrid multiplayer mode, and a selection of new monsters and weapons. In addition, Luka will be a playable character.[30]

Colonies will also introduce four new single player modes: Score Attack (points are given for each kill dependent on kill type and weapon used, akin to the co-op mode in Halo 3), Time Trial Battle Mode (similar to the Arcade mode of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), first person shooter mode, and Off-Limit Mode (which must be unlocked).[31] The game will also include cross-platform play between Xbox Live and Games for Windows - Live users. [32] The game is due for a May 29, 2008 Japanese release;[33] the European and North American release has been announced to be on May 27, 2008. Japanese addition will/ has been released earlier."

Yeah the LP community is pretty excited about this. Although I haven't read up on it much, I'm still excited about it and I was going to suggest that you wait for it.

There may still be a "Colonies" trailer on the Marketplace. It came out a couple months back.
Old 10-23-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: LOST PLANET [XBOX 360]: Collector's Edition -1/12/07

The WORM WENT DOWN!!!!

Replayed it the last 2 days [on normal]... Got all the token achievements [11 of them] and also killed the Moth & Worm to get those.... And no one was onlne

Need to play part 2, only tried level one [or was it 2 also] back when I got the game. Wasn't that into it as when the first one came out. Guess I also could try online and get my ass handed by ROBO.