DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   FYE Deal: Trade 2 360 games, get 1 free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/481404-fye-deal-trade-2-360-games-get-1-free.html)

Shagrath 10-21-06 01:07 PM

FYE Deal: Trade 2 360 games, get 1 free

I saw the FYE T4G1 deal mentioned over in the bargains forum, but didn't see much mention of this one. I just got back from a very good experience at the FYE (a first) at Mall at Millenia.

I picked up 6 cheap titles at EB/GS, which is currently having a B2G1 sale. I got College Hoops 2K6, Madden 2006, NBA 2K6, NBA Drive 06, NHL 2K6, and Ridge Racer. These were all under $20 a piece used, and coupled with the Edge/More card, and the deal, I spent about $75 or so. I then took off all the stickers and headed over to FYE and traded them in for Enchanted Arms, Fight Night Round 3, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent CE.

It's very YMMV as to what the FYE's will take, and what you'll get out of it. One of the fliers said the free game had to be $44.99, and you were to pay the difference. Others on CAG have said that they wouldn't take old sports games and whatnot, so I'd recommend calling in advance. In fact, the one I went to seems to be the only one that even recognizes the promotion.

The manager there was commenting on how it's such a great deal, and he doesn't care if it sucks for the store, because it's not his money. He said if TransWorld wants to do this, then so be it.

PopcornTreeCt 10-21-06 08:17 PM

Shagrath, do you know if the FYE at Oviedo Mall is doing the deal?

Shagrath 10-21-06 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Shagrath, do you know if the FYE at Oviedo Mall is doing the deal?

I called them the other day and seemed to know nothing of the deal, so I'm not sure.

Michael Corvin 10-22-06 12:06 AM

Went in today and they knew nothing of it either. Only the one that ended a few weeks ago.

Shagrath 10-22-06 07:59 AM

This deal is supposed to be running through the end of the month. The manager there showed me the internal memo when I told him that his store was the only one in the area doing the deal.

Edison 10-22-06 10:42 AM

I stopped by the local store last night and he confirmed they were doing trade 2 get 1 with no restrictions. Trade in's must be complete case/manual/disc and not scratched up, he said they just bump the trade amount of each game to 50% of the new one. I'm going back today with 4 games and try to pick up Splinter Cell, and probably Tiger Woods 2007.

Edit: I did this today trading in NHL 2k6, Ridge Racer, Top Spin, and College Hoops 2k6 for Splinter Cell, and Tiger 2007.

pizzamousechips 10-23-06 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Edison
I stopped by the local store last night and he confirmed they were doing trade 2 get 1 with no restrictions. Trade in's must be complete case/manual/disc and not scratched up, he said they just bump the trade amount of each game to 50% of the new one. I'm going back today with 4 games and try to pick up Splinter Cell, and probably Tiger Woods 2007.

Edit: I did this today trading in NHL 2k6, Ridge Racer, Top Spin, and College Hoops 2k6 for Splinter Cell, and Tiger 2007.

I will call ahead to make sure it's good at mine too, but I'm curious what you meant by no restrictions. Could I theoretically trade in four copies of Ridge Racer? :P

Michael Corvin 10-23-06 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
I will call ahead to make sure it's good at mine too, but I'm curious what you meant by no restrictions. Could I theoretically trade in four copies of Ridge Racer? :P

The restrictions he is referring to are games that ring up at a penny(old sports games). Typically they don't take those, but this time around there are no restrictions on that.

The restrictions are limited to the managers discretion. If they already have 5 copies of Ridge Racer, chances are you are out of luck.

DJ_Longfellow 10-23-06 06:36 AM

I would like to do this, but the only FYE I know of is at Lakeside Mall here in MI. I have NBA and NHL 2K6 to trade, but I doubt they would take them. Anyone try those at this store?

Michael Corvin 10-23-06 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I would like to do this, but the only FYE I know of is at Lakeside Mall here in MI. I have NBA and NHL 2K6 to trade, but I doubt they would take them. Anyone try those at this store?

read my last post. The only restriction is if that store already has a bunch of copies. Call the store if you don't want to drive out there.

gmal2003 10-23-06 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow

I think there is a FYE in at Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills, MI. I might go out there and see and try to trade in Madden 06, NBA 2K6, Tiger Woods 06 and.... Top Spin or MLB 2k6.

Canis Firebrand 10-23-06 02:09 PM

If you are in the Livonia area, there is an FYE at the Livonia Mall.

There may be one at the Westland mall as well, but I'm not sure.

Frank_M 10-23-06 02:37 PM

Does anyone know if there is a notice of this on their website, or something hard copied I could bring to the store with me?

SteelgearX 10-23-06 05:10 PM

Probably stupid question, but it has to be 2 xbox 360 games for one 360 game, correct?

Also, just out of curiosity, how many dvdtalkers live in Orlando, FL? I live in Orlando too. Would be cool to do a dvdtalk lan party.

Shagrath 10-23-06 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Probably stupid question, but it has to be 2 xbox 360 games for one 360 game, correct?

Yes, the deal is for 360 games exclusively. The other deal is 4 for 1 on PS2 or Gamecube games.

Also, just out of curiosity, how many dvdtalkers live in Orlando, FL? I live in Orlando too. Would be cool to do a dvdtalk lan party.
I don't know how many dvdtalkers are in Orlando. I know of at least 4 or 5 off the top of my head though. It would be kind of cool to have some kind of gathering at some point though.

DJ_Longfellow 10-23-06 07:18 PM

I guess there are more FYE's in MI than I thought. I may have to hit Macomb Mall and try and trade Tiger Woods 06, Quake, NBA and NHL 2K6's. I'm hoping to get Tiger Woods 07 and NBA 2K7....anyone hit up any MI stores yet?

gmal2003 10-23-06 07:39 PM

I called the one at Great Lakes Crossing and they said they dont have the deal there anymore.

Trevor 10-23-06 08:39 PM

A local mall has two stores, one said they don't do it, even though they are the store with more games.

I think I got lucky at the other store.

I traded in 8 games that I had just bought at EB for about $90 total, and got 4 new $60 games.

Now I just need to buy a 360.......

DJ_Longfellow 10-25-06 07:18 AM

So, does anyone know when this deal ends? I may try a few games at the Macomb Mall, MI FYE.

Trevor 10-25-06 07:28 AM

Last night they told me it ends the 29th.

Also they are doing trade in 4 PS2 or GCN games for 1 new.

Frank_M 10-25-06 12:54 PM

Thanks to those who pointed this deal out! Just traded Madden '06, NHL '06, Tiger '06 and College Hoops '06 for the new Tiger and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

I had to pay $6 in tax, and did it gladly.

Thanks again and I strongly recommend people getting in on this deal. The sales person also told me that it runs through the end of the month.

cartman 10-26-06 03:19 PM

This is the most rediculously good deal ever for 360 games on its own and gets even better when combined with the EBGames/Gamestop buy 2 get 1 free deal on used games. Buy 4 used 360 games for $14.99 each, get 2 free, trade them all in for 3 new 360 games (Splinter Cell Limited, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Enchanted Arms in my case). That's 3 brand spanking new 360 games (one at $70 retail even) for $76.19 (after taxes on each purchase)! Wowsers!

Gromit 10-26-06 07:07 PM

I went to an FYE store at lunch today but they told me they were no longer offering this deal. Bummer.

DJ_Longfellow 10-27-06 07:38 AM

i went to FYE (Macomb Mall, MI) and the 360 selection was HORRIBLE. I looked at I passed, didn't even offer to ask to trade my games in. They did not have one new game....the newest was maybe FFX or Outfit

The Bus 10-27-06 09:03 AM

This deal is dead.