Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

** The Official COD3 (Call of Duty 3) Thread **

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

** The Official COD3 (Call of Duty 3) Thread **

Old 11-30-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And wow, we get it.. You hardcore Halo 2 people love COD3.. And I wasn't posting as much for the heck of it.. I was replying to Master and Czar's replies of us COD2 hardcore people..

Old 11-30-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
Don't get me wrong, COD3s multiplayer is great. As long as you have at least 12 - 16 people going on it.
Old 11-30-06, 09:38 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, but I've seen it all over the place lately.

It does get old and annoying to always read the same people posting how much COD3 sucks.

And I haven't read nearly as many comments about how much COD2 sucked and COD3 rules.

I've said what I wanted to say. I'm done with it now. Neither group is going to change their minds. It akin to a pissing match between MS vs Sony vs Nintendo fans.

It's just sad that not as many are playing now as I enjoyed the game a great deal. Now I'm left with the few people on my friends list that still play it or trying to join random strangers(which I hate doing).

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 11-30-06 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-30-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No fighting fellas.

These are two vastly different online games.

As for the single player it's really no contest
Old 11-30-06, 10:02 AM

Yeah, single player was really, really boring and very easy too (I should've played Veteran right away): I just kept running/shooting and I was done. Not even once I had the need to use a smoke grenade...

I finished it, have no reason to play it again and now I'll trade it or sell it.
Old 12-06-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm trying to finish this game so I can get rid of it as soon possible. The single player game really sucks. It feels rushed. I'm seeing a lot of bugs like enemies shooting through walls, collision detection is non-existent, and weapon response is too slow. This game is in need of a patch. Why did they feel that dialog in the cutscenes had to have such a negative tone? Everyone is fighting each other. I haven't even tried the multi-player yet. I'm going to stick with COD2.
Old 12-06-06, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
I'm trying to finish this game so I can get rid of it as soon possible. The single player game really sucks. It feels rushed. I'm seeing a lot of bugs like enemies shooting through walls, collision detection is non-existent, and weapon response is too slow. This game is in need of a patch. Why did they feel that dialog in the cutscenes had to have such a negative tone? Everyone is fighting each other. I haven't even tried the multi-player yet. I'm going to stick with COD2.
Before you get rid of it you need to check out the multiplayer. The character class bit is worth at least tasting and seeing if it is something you will enjoy in future games. I really get a kick out of team DM in CoD3 with some large teams. The artillery strikes, vehicles and such are kind of cool.
Old 12-06-06, 08:25 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I really enjoyed the class system and abilities. But the game hasn't seen any action lately because no one is playing it.
Old 12-10-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
Just went back finished the single player mode last night. The ending just...ended. You blow up a couple of tanks in a field and that's it. I was waiting for another mission. Oh well, I'll give it another shot on Veteran one day.

I will give props on the vehicle driving. It was pretty realistic.
Old 12-10-06, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 117 Likes on 105 Posts
Well I was going to ask the question "should I get COD2 or hold out for Rainbow Six" but after going over the last two pages it seems everyone is saying single play is a bore. It's on sale this week and thought at $40 not bad but now I'm having second thoughts. I've been on GOW and like it for it's single and coop though I haven't done MP yet. For the so-called "fun-factor" and "re-playability" would you give RS:LV a nod over COD2/3 then?

Kenny J. - Buzz Starhopper
Old 12-10-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well I was going to ask the question "should I get COD2 or hold out for Rainbow Six" but after going over the last two pages it seems everyone is saying single play is a bore. It's on sale this week and thought at $40 not bad but now I'm having second thoughts. I've been on GOW and like it for it's single and coop though I haven't done MP yet. For the so-called "fun-factor" and "re-playability" would you give RS:LV a nod over COD2/3 then?

Kenny J. - Buzz Starhopper
CoD2 for 40$ (if it is the Game of the Year Edition) is a pretty good price. It is a great game and good fun single player as well.

That being said, i am one of those who really enjoyed CoD3. The only reason i'm trying to trade/sell CoD3 is because it seems like nobody in our normal group is playing it anymore.
Old 12-10-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I played some COD3 MP last night for the first time. I didn't think it was too bad. The maps are too big though. But I guess you need that with vehicles. I liked the medic kit but, I didn't try all of the kits yet. I may keep this one for a little while.
Old 12-31-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok guys, the patch is out and the game is working right now, correct? I got as much done on Godfather as I'm gonna get so I threw this one in again. I already beat single player but I want to get going on the multiplayer, but none of you guys on my friends list is ever playing. So, any DVDtalkers out there with COD3 who want to get some matches going and also get some achievements add me to your list. This game isn't as bad as the COD2 fans would like everyone to believe, but I do agree the single player COD2 was superior. But... We aren't here talking about single player, lets get some games going already!
Old 01-01-07, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Yeah I don't think COD3 was the hit that COD2 was around here.

I loved COD2 but I'm wating till COD3 is on sale or turns into a "Greatest Hits".

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-01-07 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-01-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's probably going to be a good wait, it just came out. The game got a really bad rep initially because of the problems with ranked matches, which kept us from getting half the achievements, and because not enough people were playing it because of the bugs. I got on last night and played a bunch of good games of war and team battle. I even got my medic achievement. I was just hoping there were still some folks around here who were playing the game or keeping it until the patch came out. It's just more fun to play with the same people I had been playing with for a long time.
Old 01-01-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got an Xbox 360. Wanted to get COD3. But, are these bugs a big problem? I honestly won't be going online for multi-play. So it will be single player only. Also, is their a big difference in the graphics between COD2 & COD3??

Thanks!
Old 01-01-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a single-player as well. Graphics might be a tiny bit improved over the original, but it's hard to notice. More rag-doll effects IMO, which is alright. I'll have to say this: I thought clearing Veteran on COD2 was ridiculously hard. COD3 may be even worse. I'm almost at controller-throwing level and I just started the Frenchie missions.
Old 01-01-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So their is real no big difference in COD 2 & COD 3?
Old 01-01-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by matome
I'm a single-player as well. Graphics might be a tiny bit improved over the original, but it's hard to notice. More rag-doll effects IMO, which is alright. I'll have to say this: I thought clearing Veteran on COD2 was ridiculously hard. COD3 may be even worse. I'm almost at controller-throwing level and I just started the Frenchie missions.

I think the graphics are a major improvement, Just the grass looks amazing, much more action on screen and greater detail, much better.

Single player is pretty good, Not much different then COD2, I think both games had so-so single player. The multiplayer is pretty fun.

Last edited by maingon; 01-01-07 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The difference between the two is most seen in the multiplayer. They play pretty differently now with the character classes and all.
Old 01-01-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah if you are looking for one with the best single player, go with COD2. COD3, the story is not nearly as good. You play through it and then it just ends very anti-climactic and disappointingly. I do agree that it is way tougher than COD2 though, on Veteran at least. The graphics are a lot better, but the graphics on COD2 were amazing as well. Either way you can't go wrong, both are good games but the single player story is much more involving in COD2.
Old 01-02-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, the single-player mode was WAY better on COD2. As I had mentioned before COD3, just...ends. No idea I was near completion and I was ready to continue battling.

Originally Posted by maingon
I think the graphics are a major improvement, Just the grass looks amazing, much more action on screen and greater detail, much better.

Single player is pretty good, Not much different then COD2, I think both games had so-so single player. The multiplayer is pretty fun.
Maybe you're right on the graphics. Been a while since I played COD2, but I remember it looking quite good, especially considering it was a launch title.
Old 01-02-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TOLEN
So their is real no big difference in COD 2 & COD 3?
As far as single player goes, the addition of the vehicle missions is probably the biggest change. They were actually fairly enjoyable. I could've done without the rowing thing, though. Took me quite a while to get the controller motion going for that one.
Old 01-09-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why cannot I not get the mortar pointed at the barricade? I shot that mortar for 20 minutes and it would NOT move to where I needed it to go.
Old 01-09-07, 10:42 PM

Are you talking about the first time you're using the mortar? Play around with the thumbstick, I think rotating it clockwise and counter moves it left and right. you can also adjust the trajectory I just forgot how, but it's also done with the stick. The shells need to land directly on the indicators or at least near it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.