DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Activision's History Channel's:Civil War A Nation Divided Xbox 360?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/480937-activisions-history-channels-civil-war-nation-divided-xbox-360-a.html)

TNAJason 10-16-06 07:54 PM

Activision's History Channel's:Civil War A Nation Divided Xbox 360??

I was at Gamestop today,and inside there was a advertisment for Activision's New Game entitled....

History Channel's Civil War:A Nation Divided for the Xbox 360. And with the pre-order you get a History Channel Documentary with it. So I pre-orded it in full(It will be $49.99+) and when does it come out? November 15th....
Has anyone heard of the game before? I had to get it as it was going to be a Civil War game with Call of Duty's controls and the same company. How cool is that?

So anyone else picking it up?

Mopower 10-16-06 10:59 PM

I'll pick it up if it doesn't suck. But most signs point to it sucking.

edstein 10-17-06 12:56 AM

I'll be too busy with COD3 for a COD3 clone.

PixyJunket 10-17-06 08:47 AM

History Channel? Jesus Christ.. they'll slap any label on the cover to move units these days.

What's next? Fox News Presents: Grand Theft Auto IV?

kakihara1 10-17-06 10:07 AM

Jason you're a young guy and probably don't have much money just kicking around for 360 titles. Take my advice and skip this game for now. Even if it's the greatest game ever waiting a week will ensure you're not wasting your cash. Roll that preorder over to another game.

Liver&Onions 10-17-06 10:37 AM

Those gamestop dudes must love to see you waltz into the store. They get evaluated on the number of preorders they take...and since you pay them off in full, I'd imagine they're loving it.

The Bus 10-17-06 10:47 AM

Jason: Activision is the publisher. They have nothing to do with the quality of the game. The developer/coder of Call of Duty is Infinity Ward.

The developer/coder of Civil War is Cauldron, who's not even in the US.

I also want to check this game out although I don't expect it to be any good.

TNAJason 10-17-06 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Jason you're a young guy and probably don't have much money just kicking around for 360 titles. Take my advice and skip this game for now. Even if it's the greatest game ever waiting a week will ensure you're not wasting your cash. Roll that preorder over to another game.

I won't roll the pre-order to something else,because I have a friend at gamestop that will hold it for me for 2 weeks,so I can still wait on reviews. I actually do have some money for 360 games(tho budgeted,most of the money I got was from trading in old games,dvds,and the Gamecube,plus I get allowance every 2 weeks for helping around the house.) Sorry if I somehow offended you,as I consider you a "XboxBuddy" along with the rest of the COD2/DVD Talk crew.(And my brother came up with the name,go figure)

Eric D. 10-17-06 05:46 PM

I wish I could still get an allowance. :(

kgrogers1979 10-17-06 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I wish I could still get an allowance. :(

Hell, I never got an allowance when I was a kid. My parents made me do chores or I would get a whippin' (Yes this was the days before spanking kids' butts was considered child abuse). The only time I was ever given money was for Christmas and my birthday. I had to make that money last the whole year.

Liver&Onions 10-17-06 06:42 PM

my allowance was $1 per week! If I wanted a new coleco game I had to save for over a year to get it. Damn you whipper-snappers these days.

Mopower 10-17-06 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Hell, I never got an allowance when I was a kid. My parents made me do chores or I would get a whippin' (Yes this was the days before spanking kids' butts was considered child abuse). The only time I was ever given money was for Christmas and my birthday. I had to make that money last the whole year.

Up hill both ways and all that.

TNAJason 10-17-06 07:02 PM

I just found out this will be a RTS game! I will cancel this pre-order indeed.

Liver&Onions 10-17-06 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by TNAJason

So what lesson did we learn today then?

TNAJason 10-17-06 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
So what lesson did we learn today then?

That I should research games more. Sorry everybody!

edstein 10-17-06 07:33 PM

No worries mate. Thats why we all come to this forum. Just ignore martini, he's still recoverying from the whole beat down scandal in COD2. :lol:

xmiyux 10-17-06 07:40 PM

And knowing is half the battle!

Yo Joe!

TNAJason 10-17-06 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
No worries mate. Thats why we all come to this forum. Just ignore martini, he's still recoverying from the whole beat down scandal in COD2. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jayntampa 10-27-06 10:21 PM

No! It IS a FPS ... there was an old RTS game on the PC with the History Channel name, that is a totally different game! Here, look at this interview with the producer and check out the pics -- the game sounds really interesting. I pre-ordered it myself!

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/his...war_interview/

Anubis2005X 10-27-06 11:31 PM

What's up with pre-ordering games that you have no info about? Just wait for the reviews, it's not like they're gonna sell out...

jayntampa 10-28-06 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
What's up with pre-ordering games that you have no info about? Just wait for the reviews, it's not like they're gonna sell out...

Pre-ordering makes a huge difference to publishers, because retailers base their orders on pre-orders. Representatives from Atlus posted an excellent message on how important it is.

Plus, a lot of stores don't get many copies of games that aren't pre-ordered. I'm very interested in Civil War history, so I don't want to miss out on this game. Plus, if you pre-order, you get the free DVD. So ... why wouldn't I pre-order, is the question. You can always cancel it and get a refund or transfer it to another game.

TNAJason 10-28-06 06:31 PM

Yeah I was about to post in here myself. I saw a video of the gameplay,and it looks GREAT! I will buy it. And since I have GOW payed for at 2 stores(I have no clue how it happened?) I will just change it to this Civil War game

Gooter 01-17-08 08:47 AM

Is this game as bad as most of the reviews say it is? (I assume so.) Anything salvageable and worth playing it for or skip entirely? Worth it for easy 1,000 achievements?

Thanks

Spiderbite 01-17-08 08:58 AM

I bought it during X-mas when it was really cheap but have yet to pop it in and try it. Too many other games on my plate right now.

Schloob1 01-17-08 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gooter
Is this game as bad as most of the reviews say it is? (I assume so.) Anything salvageable and worth playing it for or skip entirely? Worth it for easy 1,000 achievements?

Thanks

Personally I would give it around a 5-6/10, it was a decent game and overall not too diffucult for the 1000. I would definitely suggest going to a site like xbox360achievements.org for a good guide on what you need to do in order to get all the achievements for the game. I recall right the weapons achievements were a bear to get, as they are glitched but definitely achieveable since I do have the full 1000.