Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Activision's History Channel's:Civil War A Nation Divided Xbox 360??

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Activision's History Channel's:Civil War A Nation Divided Xbox 360??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gooter
Is this game as bad as most of the reviews say it is? (I assume so.)
Yes, yes it is. I picked it up once played 30 minutes or so, that was all I could tolerate.

Shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot Ah ha! he's dead, next enemy shoot, reload, etc... I guess if your one of those types that can pull a head shot off every time you *might* enjoy it.
Old 01-17-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean reloading a musket isn't fun?
Old 01-17-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Hell, I never got an allowance when I was a kid. My parents made me do chores or I would get a whippin' (Yes this was the days before spanking kids' butts was considered child abuse). The only time I was ever given money was for Christmas and my birthday. I had to make that money last the whole year.
Lucky you... i'm more like Everybody hates Christ kinda guy... I get no allowances... chores? i suppose to do them for the free meals. Spanking? That's for pussies, i get kicks in the rear (thank god not my head). The only time i get money was for Christmas and b'days, but unlike most folks, i had to fork it over the very next day Of course, i love my family above all else...

Well, if Civil War is the kind of game you like, keep it. The History Channel stuffs are pretty cool IMO.
Old 01-29-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Borrowed this from a friend. It was slightly below average. Definitely has a lot of frustrating quirks like enemies with unbelievable accuracy and the ability to shoot through cover.

I have all the achievements except for beating it on normal and hard. Going to try to beat it on hard. However, it is very very frustrating due to what I mentioned above. I may be stuck at 48/50 and 950/1000 on this one.

Any tips for beating it on hard or should I just give up? :P

Last edited by Gooter; 02-14-08 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-29-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dang, I just saw this thread and said "Hey TNAJason is back". But then saw it is from 2006. What happened to TNAJason? I miss his daily Gaming Schedule updates.
Old 02-14-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I officially gave up on trying to get 100% on this one (not trying to complete on Hard). The gameplay mechanics got to be too frustrating in the end. 49 out of 50 and 970 out of 1000 isn't too bad. ;-)