Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official PSP Thread - Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Re: The Official PSP Thread - Part 3

Originally Posted by stingermck
So I was just playing my Go, and wanted to switch games. Hit the home button, end game, and now it is stuck on 'please wait' I slid it shut (which I have set to sleep mode) and nothing. Hold down the off switch and nothing. Guess I will wait for the battery to go dead, and hope for the best.
Can you take the battery out and replace it to reset the system?
Old 02-22-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Can you take the battery out and replace it to reset the system?
You cant access the battery on the Go.
Old 02-22-10, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with new PSP Go purchases (or if you haven't conected yours to the PSN yet) you get a download option of either LittleBigPlanet or the Assassin's Creed game.

Now that there's somewhat of a bonus to getting a PSP Go (wish we got the European UMD trade in deal) I'm thinking about getting one, but having a hard time finding a deal on the hardware itself.

Newegg has the white one for $200 but they only have 3% cashback. I'm considering getting one off ebay for $180 after cashback but feel like I can find cheaper.

Anyways, promo heads up for everyone out there. Runs through the 21st of March I believe (probably right before they announce the new one.)

More info here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...available-now/
Old 02-22-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
So with new PSP Go purchases (or if you haven't conected yours to the PSN yet) you get a download option of either LittleBigPlanet or the Assassin's Creed game.

Now that there's somewhat of a bonus to getting a PSP Go (wish we got the European UMD trade in deal) I'm thinking about getting one, but having a hard time finding a deal on the hardware itself.

Newegg has the white one for $200 but they only have 3% cashback. I'm considering getting one off ebay for $180 after cashback but feel like I can find cheaper.

Anyways, promo heads up for everyone out there. Runs through the 21st of March I believe (probably right before they announce the new one.)

More info here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...available-now/
Gee, thanks Sony...
Old 02-22-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would think the Go will be bargain binned eventually if you can be patient.
Old 02-22-10, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well the battery finally went dead, and I put it in the cradle, and it came back on. Guess its like the old PSP locking up, but with no battery to pull.
Old 03-12-10, 07:17 PM

So here's the story... I ordered a PSP Go off of ebay. Never heard from the guy, thought I got scammed, so I ordered another one. That one showed up, I registered it and got my free LittleBigPlanet game. And then... the original one showed up.

I can't really return it. So my option is to sell it unopened, or open, get the free game and then sell the PSP Go. If I were to get an extra LittleBigPlanet download code, would anyone here want to buy it for $30? If not, I'll just sell the Go unopened and hope to recoup most of my costs.
Old 04-23-10, 04:15 PM

Codes are being sent to random people for an early demo of Modnation Racers for the PSP. I already got the demo through Qore and have an extra code if anyone would like it. Post here if you want it and I'll send it to you (if they haven't sent you one already.)
Old 04-23-10, 04:16 PM

I'll take it. Thanks.
Old 04-23-10, 04:19 PM

PM sent.
Old 04-28-10, 04:02 PM

Just got another MNR demo code for the PSP if anyone wants it.
Old 04-28-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Just got another MNR demo code for the PSP if anyone wants it.
I'll take it, thanks!
Old 05-04-10, 08:49 AM

Just announced:

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Announced for PSP!
Posted by Eric Levine // SCEA PR Manager
God of War fans –

I’m pleased to share some exciting news involving our favorite Spartan warrior. Fresh off his incredible run in God of War III, Kratos will be coming back to PSP and PSPgo in God of War: Ghost of Sparta!

The last time we saw Kratos on the portable platform was in God of War: Chains of Olympus, a game that coupled stunning visuals with stellar gameplay and is still the highest rated PSP title of all-time on Metacritic.com. So what can you expect this time?

First of all, it’s developed by Ready At Dawn Studios, in close collaboration with SCEA’s Santa Monica Studio, so we have the same talented team that brought you Chains of Olympus — they know the franchise and know what it takes to create an amazing game. I can also tell you from
first-hand experience that we are pushing the limits of what PSP can do with state-of-the-art visual technologies, higher resolution environments, and greater depths of scale. We’re also providing over 25% more gameplay, an improved weapon system, and new magical powers — all enjoyed anytime, anywhere.

Here are a few screens to give you a taste of the action…

As for the storyline, this new adventure will serve as a prequel of sorts, picking up where God of War left off. Ghost of Sparta tells the story of Kratos’ ascension to power as the God of War. In his quest to rid the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must face his dark past to prove his worthiness to the Gods — a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds and finally answer long-awaited questions about Kratos’ tattoo, scar, and family.

Well, that’s all I can tell you right now, but we’ll have plenty more to share as we move closer to E3 and our release later this year, so stay tuned for more God of War: Ghost of Sparta news and be sure to keep an eye on SpartansStandTall.com and http://forums.godofwar.com for updates

Looks like I'm not done with the PSP after all!

Last edited by Decker; 05-04-10 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-04-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After a few years in hibernation, I recently brought out my PSP and bought a bunch of games from the recent Gamestop sale. I've been having a blast catching up. Can't wait for the new God of War game!
Old 05-17-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep comes out September 7th.

XSEED has formed a partnership with Falcom (a company I've praised on countless occasions but has remained mostly Japanese exclusive) to bring out six PSP games in the next year or two. First up is Ys Seven, which is a absolute MUST BUY for any action RPG fan, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, a game I consider in my Top Ten of All Time though I don't know how well the PSP version translates from the PC original (for reference, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim which runs on a similar engine did NOT translate well to PSP, but that was ported by Konami whereas OiF is ported by Falcom themselves) and Ys I & II Chronicles, yet another version of these two games (but the most solid and complete of them all). Then there's three games which form a trilogy in The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I can't comment on this one but a friend of mine swears that this is probably the best turn-based RPG series she has ever played (and she's played them all).
Old 05-17-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The Ys stuff definitely has my interest and Birth By Sleep looks very cool. I'm not that interested in God of War, but I guess any major titles for the PSP is a good thing now with so little coming out for the system.
Old 05-17-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ys is one of my favorite series.. but I'd hardly consider them "big."

I'm actually wondering what madness XSEED must be suffering to commit to six niche games for such a slow platform.
Old 05-17-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah Ys is pretty exciting.
Old 05-17-10, 06:19 PM

Pixy, did you get to play an imported Birth By Sleep yet? Any word on how it is? I'm hoping it's better than 365/2, which didn't do much for me. Why can't we get a next gen Kingdom Hearts 3? That would be on the top of my "must buy" list.
Old 05-17-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At a glance it looks like Crisis Core with a Kingdom Hearts makeover. A student I asked said it was pretty good. If you liked Crisis Core...?
Old 05-18-10, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pixy, did you get to play an imported Birth By Sleep yet? Any word on how it is? I'm hoping it's better than 365/2, which didn't do much for me. Why can't we get a next gen Kingdom Hearts 3? That would be on the top of my "must buy" list.
Nah, I only did that with KH2 since I had near atomic levels of hype built up for that one. I've heard great things about it though, it doesn't appear to be as derivative of an installment as 358/2 Days was considered to be. "Next gen" systems won't be out for several years and this IS basically KH3 (although a prequel).
Old 06-01-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we getting this awesome deal that Europe is getting?

Get it while it’s hot! Buy a new PSPTMgo and get ten free games worth £225!

From Gran Turismo® to 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTMGet ready for summer with PSPTMgo and ten of the hottest PSP games!

City, Date: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has kicked off a summer of pocket-sized entertainment with a new promotion for PSPTMgo (PlayStation®Portable). Starting on 9th June and for a limited time only, SCEE is giving new PSPgo owners (aged 18 and over) a head start on their game collection with ten games to download from PlayStation®Store, absolutely free! Offering a vast choice of entertainment, the sleek, slim-line PSPgo comes packed with 16GB of inbuilt storage space – so you can take all your favourite games, music, photos and more with you wherever you go. And with ten of the best PSP titles on offer, now you can get your hands on the hottest piece of kit for the summer at even better value.

You’ll be spoilt for choice with the ten pre-selected titles on offer:

* Assassins Creed: BloodlinesTM (Ubisoft)
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Rockstar Games)
* Gran TurismoTM (SCE WWS)
* James Cameron’s AVATARTM: The Game (Ubisoft)
* LittleBigPlanetTM (SCE WWS)
* MotorStorm® Arctic Edge (SCE WWS)
* NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (EA)
* Pursuit ForceTM: Extreme Justice (SCE WWS)
* 2010 FIFA World Cup South AfricaTM (EA)
* WipEout® Pure (SCE WWS)

The process is simple. First, unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and connect to PlayStation®Network . Then launch PlayStation Store to download the new PSPgo theme. We’ll then email you a voucher code so you can start downloading your ten free games and enjoy! And if you’ve recently purchased your PSPgo, don’t worry, you haven’t missed out - the offer is open to qualifying PSPgo owners who purchased their PSPgo after April 1 2010 .

There’s never been a better time to get hold of a PSPgo. With an ever increasing range of services from Skype®, the Video Delivery Service to Digital Comics , plus remote access to your PlayStation®3 (PS3TM) content, PSPgo offers entertainment without barriers.

Be entertained this summer, wherever you are, with PSPgo.

To find out more, visit www.eu.playstation.com/pspgopromotion.
Old 06-01-10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Are we getting this awesome deal that Europe is getting?
That does sound like an amazing deal, but seeing as we in the US never got the original European PSPgo deal (allowing for download versions of three PSP games you already owned), I wouldn't count on this one either.
Old 06-01-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Just picked up some import games (okay, okay, they're Gundam games). I really hope they don't get rid of the UMDs, considering there's no way I could play games from another region on the Go.
Old 06-01-10, 01:38 PM

That does sound like an amazing deal, but seeing as we in the US never got the original European PSPgo deal (allowing for download versions of three PSP games you already owned), I wouldn't count on this one either.
Close. They just announced that new PSP Go purchases get 3 free games. LBP, R&C, and SoCom.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...psp-this-june/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.