DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/480281-world-warcraft-official-thread-round-3-a.html)

neiname 10-10-06 10:42 AM

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Link to Round 2, http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=437938

Is anyone who stopped playing plan on reactivating when the expansion comes out?

Groucho 10-10-06 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by neiname
Is anyone who stopped playing plan on reactivating when the expansion comes out?

I probably will. I'd like to explore the new areas and try out the new races.

BeanDip0001 10-10-06 11:27 AM

pvp honor

oh from the last post in the 2nd round about the pvp, honor points are dealing with how much damage you inflict on the other player or crit killing blows. so in BG you'll get some honor if your party kills say 25 people in the match time, you'll get 25 kills, but your honor will be different than say a mage who delt way more damage than you with his fireball even though you fought the same player at the same time.

sry pict is so big, but i refuse to small down my great widescreen :)
http://bogan.home.mchsi.com/wow/splintertree.jpg

HuBu 10-10-06 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I probably will. I'd like to explore the new areas and try out the new races.

the only new race is the Dranei.

Groucho 10-10-06 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by HuBu
the only new race is the Dranei.

And the Blood Elves.

gcribbs 10-10-06 02:34 PM

I preordered it for the pet. Plus I might try the new alliance race.

My addiction grows!

In response to BeanDip I guess I got 2 kills listed and was given 23 honor points. We had no party just a few random people trying to kill the 2 horde members attacking an alliance area.

Draven 10-10-06 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by BeanDip0001
sry pict is so big, but i refuse to small down my great widescreen :)

GAH! My eyes! Hit V! Hit V!

Draven 10-10-06 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by gcribbs

My addiction grows!

In response to BeanDip I guess I got 2 kills listed and was given 23 honor points. We had no party just a few random people trying to kill the 2 horde members attacking an alliance area.

If you hit them at all, you got credit for their deaths.

I'm looking forward to trying out the BEs. I have no interest in EVER playing as an Alliance character.

shizawn 10-10-06 03:23 PM

:lol: I hate that too. The first time I hit V I freaked out because I didn't know what I had done.

DaveNinja 10-10-06 04:00 PM

new warcraft song: Group with You by The Four Eyes

Draven 10-10-06 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
new warcraft song: Group with You by The Four Eyes

:lol: That's pretty funny.

xmiyux 10-10-06 04:43 PM

Hit V?

Draven 10-10-06 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Hit V?

"V" would turn off the health bars above everyone on the screen BeanDip posted.

I cannot play like that, especially in a raid or big group setting. And I'm a healer on both my toons. I use CTRaid to keep all of the life bars organized.

funkyryno 10-10-06 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by neiname

I might sign up again. Will my old character and gold still exist on my server, or will I have to start over again?

devynal 10-10-06 06:36 PM

My addiction grows!

Where'd you preorder the CE? Only place I've found online is Amazon, haven't tried any B&M yet.

devynal 10-10-06 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by funkyryno
I might sign up again. Will my old character and gold still exist on my server, or will I have to start over again?

It will all still be there.

gcribbs 10-11-06 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by devynal
Where'd you preorder the CE? Only place I've found online is Amazon, haven't tried any B&M yet.

Amazon. I heard my GS will let me preorder it. However they have 80 preorders for it supposedly so amazon seems like a better option.

By the way can a Warrior use a gun or bow?= Found out you can- got a crossbow for now.

bunkaroo 10-11-06 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by devynal
It will all still be there.

I thought they only kept toons for 6 months of inactivity. has this changed?

nickdawgy 10-11-06 05:24 PM

Amazon. I heard my GS will let me preorder it. However they have 80 preorders for it supposedly so amazon seems like a better option.

By the way can a Warrior use a gun or bow?= Found out you can- got a crossbow for now.

I believe warriors can use any weapon in the game except a wand.

Bacon 10-11-06 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I believe warriors can use any weapon in the game except a wand.

that's true

RoQuEr 10-12-06 01:07 AM

Closed beta is up and running

BeanDip0001 10-13-06 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Draven
GAH! My eyes! Hit V! Hit V!

LMFAO i play like that because its eaiser for me to target with my pet and do my curses. i know some people can't stand it but i like it lol.

also i'm wondering if anyone is playing on my new server echo isles or on zuljin?

fumanstan 10-13-06 08:33 PM

So are any of you in the Closed Beta?

innocentfreak 10-16-06 12:16 PM

Yeah I was wondering if anyone was in beta. I was curious how the draenei healing racial was for an emergency option or for soloing as a warrior. Can't decide if I am going to wait to roll a Draenei or level a human warrior.

I came back in anticipation of the expansion. Currently have a mid 40 NE Druid on Tanaris since it is a new EST server. Anyone else on Tanaris?

DeepBlue 10-17-06 11:10 AM

With Halloween coming up, I keep hearing that Blizzard is doing special holiday events in WoW. Can anyone clue me in please?

gcribbs 10-17-06 02:34 PM

I was wondering what the ?? Level means for some monsters. I assume they are a lot higher level than I am. Is it at least 10 levels?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of being in a guild? How could you even know if a guild was a good one or a bunch or kids playing around.

FiveO 10-17-06 04:31 PM

I was wondering what the ?? Level means for some monsters. I assume they are a lot higher level than I am. Is it at least 10 levels?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of being in a guild? How could you even know if a guild was a good one or a bunch or kids playing around.

I believe that mobs that are ?? are 10+ levels over your level.

Guilds are nice for helping with instances and having other people to run with. High end raids are done by guilds and rarely, although occasionally, done as public runs. If you really want to get geared out with epics and see more end game content, a good guild is the way to go.

Just my experience.

devynal 10-17-06 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by DeepBlue
With Halloween coming up, I keep hearing that Blizzard is doing special holiday events in WoW. Can anyone clue me in please?

Here ya go: In-Game Events

New Year's Eve
Lunar Festival
Love is in the Air (Valentine's Day)
Noblegarden (Easter)
Children's Week
Midsummer Fire Festival (Summer Solstice)
Harvest Festival
Hallow's End (Halloween)
Winter Veil (Christmas)

gcribbs 10-17-06 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by FiveO
I believe that mobs that are ?? are 10+ levels over your level.

Guilds are nice for helping with instances and having other people to run with. High end raids are done by guilds and rarely, although occasionally, done as public runs. If you really want to get geared out with epics and see more end game content, a good guild is the way to go.

Just my experience.

Can you leave a guild and join another one if you find the guild is not a good one.

I was trying to do a run on the deadmines with a random group and it ended up falling apart.

I think a guild might be the answer.

nickdawgy 10-18-06 12:33 AM

You can leave a guild if you want but generally the type of guild that would just invite you just like that isn't a very established one. Not that that's a bad thing, just don't expect it to be one of the top guilds.

gcribbs 10-18-06 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
You can leave a guild if you want but generally the type of guild that would just invite you just like that isn't a very established one. Not that that's a bad thing, just don't expect it to be one of the top guilds.

You mean they are not going to fight to get my 25 Lvl Warrior :D

FiveO 10-18-06 08:11 AM

This is my experience with guilds...your mileage may vary.

You won't get invited to a top raiding guild right away, you have to work your way up.

I was in 2 low level guilds and just outgrew them. I was lvl 50 and the nearest guildie was like 41....so I said goodbye and moved up to a higher level guild. I still talk with many from my old guilds and help out when needed. Just work your way up. I don't condone guild hopping but several weeks in 1 guild then moving on is ok if you're outgrowing the guild. If you're the top geared out person and the top level and you're always getting "can you run me through XXX"...then it might be time to move on.

fuzzbox 10-18-06 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by DeepBlue

here's the Hallow's End Page:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/hallowsend/

I loved logging in and seeing all the pumpkins this morning :-)

I never seem to take advantage of the seasonal things- I gotta do more of them.

-jason

joeblow69 10-18-06 11:26 AM

I can't believe I'm playing this game again. This has got to be the fifth time I've quit and restarted! I have a plan, this time, though. I'm going to get 1 char to level 60 if it kills me. No more dicking around with alts.

So here's my question: I've got a 40 Warlock, with high levels in herbalism and skinning. The reason I took skinning was because I would send all my skins to an alt who has leatherworking. But since I gave up on that guy, I'm not sure if there's any point in keeping skinning. Do high level hides go for much money? I was thinking of ditching it for alchemy, which would be helpful for my warlock, but then realized that I'm already losing a bag slot for my sould shards, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for herbs and potions. So then I considered Tailoring, but figured i'd have the same problem. Any one have any ideas? What do warlocks usually do?

Setzer 10-18-06 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by fuzzbox
here's the Hallow's End Page:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/hallowsend/

I loved logging in and seeing all the pumpkins this morning :-)

I never seem to take advantage of the seasonal things- I gotta do more of them.

-jason

Halloween event is cool but it's the same stuff as last year. The decorations are cool but how about mixing it up a little with the quests and items? I think it would be cool if you could get a Ghost or Bat as a pet.

Joeboo835 10-18-06 02:52 PM

I have a few friends on another server that I'm considering moving to. They're in a really good guild and I could take advantage of that. I still realy like the guild I'm in, but i'm seriously considering moving.

The server i'm currently on is PVP. The server i'd move to is PVE.

My question is, what would i be missing out on by moving to a PVE server? Is the only thing that you can kill horde in-game (unless flagged obviously), or is there more I'm not thinking about?

FiveO 10-19-06 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I can't believe I'm playing this game again. This has got to be the fifth time I've quit and restarted! I have a plan, this time, though. I'm going to get 1 char to level 60 if it kills me. No more dicking around with alts.

So here's my question: I've got a 40 Warlock, with high levels in herbalism and skinning. The reason I took skinning was because I would send all my skins to an alt who has leatherworking. But since I gave up on that guy, I'm not sure if there's any point in keeping skinning. Do high level hides go for much money? I was thinking of ditching it for alchemy, which would be helpful for my warlock, but then realized that I'm already losing a bag slot for my sould shards, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for herbs and potions. So then I considered Tailoring, but figured i'd have the same problem. Any one have any ideas? What do warlocks usually do?

I have a level 60 lock..my main. My very first character in WoW...started on June 6th and hit 60 on August 6th.

I can heartily say that herb/alchemy has been very very good to me. I earned the cash for my epic mount (375g) along with numerous other items with this combo.

I recently got my 28 slot shard bag with the only mats purchased off the AH being the core leather....150g or so....well worth it!

Alchemy can be tricky...but I have some advice...every night before you log off...check the AH for recipes to buy. Just in case anyone has listed a recipe at a price lower than its value. I have learned several good recipes this way.

I ground out levels with my lock like no tomorrow. Just keep grinding and you'll be fine.

The game is only half over the second you hit 60....once you do...the 2nd half starts.

Good luck!

superdeluxe 10-19-06 10:50 AM

?? means not to F**K with them, because yes, they are at least 10 lvls higher than you. I've seen this alot lately, alliance goons ganking lowbies at htousand needles.

About guilds, I dont really see a disadvantage, Just find a guild that you are comfortable with, in your play style.

Also lots of the more reputable guilds have a website, that you can check. Guilds that have been around for a long time means they are doing something right.

superdeluxe 10-19-06 10:53 AM

You mean they are not going to fight to get my 25 Lvl Warrior :D

Also if you want to get into one of the top guilds, It helps ALOT if you group with some of the guild members doing some PUG's or something.

It also helps to have several friends in a guild, your application gets pushed through.

superdeluxe 10-19-06 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Joeboo835

My question is, what would i be missing out on by moving to a PVE server? Is the only thing that you can kill horde in-game (unless flagged obviously), or is there more I'm not thinking about?

PVP> PVE imho, sure it gets annoying getting ganked once in awhile...But nothing beats the realism of battling alliance/horde anywhere you go.