Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 03-29-12, 10:00 PM
  #1226  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

They just did another wave today, i bet they were set up, but he just jumped the gun accidentally before the actual wave went out :P
Old 03-30-12, 09:15 PM
  #1227  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

By the way, what server are you guys on? Look up Balimon (My mage) or Stoorworm (My tank) on the pve server.
Old 04-02-12, 09:50 AM
  #1228  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 43,311
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

I'm still not in the beta, even though I did the Annual Pass thing. Hope it comes in the next round of invites.
Old 04-02-12, 03:44 PM
  #1229  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,748
Received 389 Likes on 292 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Same here. Annual pass and no beta invite yet.
Old 04-03-12, 10:33 AM
  #1230  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 4,677
Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Thank you for the beta invite, fumanstan. I played with the beta for about 3 hours on Saturday. First, I copied one of their level 85 pre-made characters (human paladin). I play horde, but some of my friends have switched to Alliance, so I wanted to give it a try. Didn't last 15 minutes. I got his talents and spec re-aligned, ran around a bit in the new zone, and decided there was no way in hell I would ever play alliance again.

Next, I copied my 85 mage and 85 hunter over. Spent time getting their specs and talents set up. Ran the mage around Orgrimmar a bit, then switched to the hunter. Ran him to the new zone to look around. Just found myself really bored. Didn't know what spec to use, what stats were the best now. Didn't want to get called a noob in the new dungeons or raids.

So then I rolled a pandaren monk. They are pretty fun. Leveled him to around level 6 I think. The monk class is pretty cool. Pandaria is pretty. Kinda got bored again.

I think I might finally be over WoW. I just don't have the energy to learn my toons all over again, and do all the outside research necessary to do well at max level. The idea of leveling a new toon did not excite me either. After 3 hours or so, I felt like I had seen most of what I wanted to see in the expansion and was not impressed. Felt very strange.
Old 04-06-12, 04:37 PM
  #1231  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,975
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by Xander
Thank you for the beta invite, fumanstan. I played with the beta for about 3 hours on Saturday. First, I copied one of their level 85 pre-made characters (human paladin). I play horde, but some of my friends have switched to Alliance, so I wanted to give it a try. Didn't last 15 minutes. I got his talents and spec re-aligned, ran around a bit in the new zone, and decided there was no way in hell I would ever play alliance again.

Next, I copied my 85 mage and 85 hunter over. Spent time getting their specs and talents set up. Ran the mage around Orgrimmar a bit, then switched to the hunter. Ran him to the new zone to look around. Just found myself really bored. Didn't know what spec to use, what stats were the best now. Didn't want to get called a noob in the new dungeons or raids.

So then I rolled a pandaren monk. They are pretty fun. Leveled him to around level 6 I think. The monk class is pretty cool. Pandaria is pretty. Kinda got bored again.

I think I might finally be over WoW. I just don't have the energy to learn my toons all over again, and do all the outside research necessary to do well at max level. The idea of leveling a new toon did not excite me either. After 3 hours or so, I felt like I had seen most of what I wanted to see in the expansion and was not impressed. Felt very strange.
I can of understand your feelings. For some reason the last few expansions seem to have been Blizzard making huge changes to all classes.

It is a bit tiring.
Old 04-18-12, 09:22 AM
  #1232  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 75,563
Received 6,145 Likes on 4,180 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

http://www.indieroyale.com/

The new bundle is live now

Unstoppable Gorg (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Depths of Peril (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Steam/Desura) + Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)

Inferno+ (Desura/Installer)
Slydris (Desura/Installer)
Ballistic (Desura/Installer)

I love me some Radiangames.
Old 04-18-12, 11:24 AM
  #1233  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 7,513
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

?

is this warcraft stuff?
Old 04-25-12, 07:17 PM
  #1234  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by Decker
http://www.indieroyale.com/

The new bundle is live now

Unstoppable Gorg (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Depths of Peril (Steam/Desura/Installer)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure (Steam/Desura) + Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)

Inferno+ (Desura/Installer)
Slydris (Desura/Installer)
Ballistic (Desura/Installer)

I love me some Radiangames.
Wrong thread there buddy :P

Anyways, a screenshot from the new area Krasarang Wilds (from someone else on the beta forums)

Spoiler:
Old 04-26-12, 10:16 AM
  #1235  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 7,513
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Pet battles was added to beta yesterday. I updated, logged in, teleported to SW only to find myself and a handful of other people stuck in the SW mage tower. the doorway behind the portal was gone. My "portal: IF" spell was missing and then it crashed so i gave up on the beta for the evening and played regular wow
Old 04-26-12, 12:52 PM
  #1236  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
Pet battles was added to beta yesterday. I updated, logged in, teleported to SW only to find myself and a handful of other people stuck in the SW mage tower. the doorway behind the portal was gone. My "portal: IF" spell was missing and then it crashed so i gave up on the beta for the evening and played regular wow
They just took pet battles out again, they said it wasn't ready to test and they accidentally put it in too early.

and the mage tower has been broken since phase 1
Old 05-15-12, 02:06 PM
  #1237  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Cusm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 7,729
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

I am not going to play much with D3 out today, but I want to get in on the last expansion. Could someone send me a Sroll of Res? I will take it from whoever PMs me first and I will give you my email info. I won't realm/faction switch but I will get a 2 month card so you can get the mount.
Old 06-09-12, 11:10 PM
  #1238  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,975
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Finally got Heroic DW down on Thursday. We still did not have a full raid so we asked someone we knew who had an alt who came with us. He did not think he was geared enough and he probably was not however we still managed to kill it.

After a few months of not having 10 people and having to use fill in players each run we at least managed to finish the raid.
Old 07-01-12, 04:17 AM
  #1239  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,975
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

No idea who if anyone is still playing WoW.

I thought I would post that Amazon dropped their 60 day cards down to $25.63.

It might be a deal for someone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=
Old 07-05-12, 04:22 PM
  #1240  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

For anyone who wants a beta key

http://raptr.com/rewards/wow-mists-of-pandaria-beta

Apparently they have 5k to give away, you do have to however run their desktop app to qualify, and I'm 99.9% certain that raptr is legit as they've been around for quite awhile. They are a social media thing for gaming with a ui that runs over the game like an IM program
Old 07-25-12, 04:39 PM
  #1241  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,975
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

So they announced the Panda expansion date. It is 9/25.
Old 07-26-12, 06:13 AM
  #1242  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,748
Received 389 Likes on 292 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Are the regular and digital the only editions? No uber Collectors Edition this time?

We need fumanstan to channel his Irvine connections and answer this.
Old 07-26-12, 08:11 AM
  #1243  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Are the regular and digital the only editions? No uber Collectors Edition this time?

We need fumanstan to channel his Irvine connections and answer this.
Why? Just search

http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft...ld+of+warcraft
Old 07-26-12, 01:47 PM
  #1244  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,107
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

I am tempted to start playing WoW again after D3. I quit before Wrath of the Lich King came out. I figure Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Pandaria will be a lot of new content.

The SC2 and D3 bonuses for the Panda CE are terrible. They should have gave a panda suit for D3 that you apply like the angel wings from the CE and a panda skin for the zerglings in Sc2 lol
Old 07-26-12, 01:53 PM
  #1245  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,349
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Are the regular and digital the only editions? No uber Collectors Edition this time?

We need fumanstan to channel his Irvine connections and answer this.
Originally Posted by glassdragon
Er... and the press release is pretty straight forward about the versions.
Old 07-26-12, 05:09 PM
  #1246  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,975
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I am tempted to start playing WoW again after D3. I quit before Wrath of the Lich King came out. I figure Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Pandaria will be a lot of new content.

The SC2 and D3 bonuses for the Panda CE are terrible. They should have gave a panda suit for D3 that you apply like the angel wings from the CE and a panda skin for the zerglings in Sc2 lol

Yeah the extras are really not worth the extra $20 for me.

I will buy the cheaper version assuming my guild is going to stay and raid in the Panda express era.

I will likely wait until a week or two before the expansion to decide. We have lost so many people that I am not sure we could field a raid team in panda express unless some of our old raiders come back or a few friends switch guilds.
Old 07-27-12, 11:47 AM
  #1247  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 7,513
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

I've been on a WoW break due to DIII but i'm sure i'll be back for Panda since i enjoyed the parts of it i played on beta
Old 07-27-12, 11:34 PM
  #1248  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,748
Received 389 Likes on 292 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Er... and the press release is pretty straight forward about the versions.
I didn't even read it, just saw the two.

Besides, you always have the scoop, so why not?
Old 07-28-12, 10:51 AM
  #1249  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,349
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I didn't even read it, just saw the two.

Besides, you always have the scoop, so why not?
Sounds like you need better web sites to get your gaming news.
Old 08-01-12, 07:32 AM
  #1250  
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: the 870
Posts: 22,787
Received 159 Likes on 121 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

finally got some decent epics on my hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinooky/simple

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.