Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 12-14-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Grats! I'll have to keep my eye out for that one. I love the dragon mounts.

I'm about 20% from level 85. Everything's been pretty awesome. Loved Uldum, especially all the "Indiana Jones" quests. Haven't run many of the new dungeons yet, so I'm looking forward to checking those out and working on my gear for heroics.
Old 12-14-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts

Have they fixed the old instance full problems? I hated when I tried to go into one, solo or otherwise and it wouldn't load.
Old 12-14-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Have they fixed the old instance full problems? I hated when I tried to go into one, solo or otherwise and it wouldn't load.
I haven't experienced that in a looong time.

*haven't*

someone needs to proofread my shit!

Last edited by covenant; 12-15-10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-16-10, 12:50 PM

Just hit 85 last night. And in my questing blues and greens (with Blessing of Kings) I'm sitting at 114k health. Health pools are going to be giant now. Can't wait to start running dungeons and see how hard I get hit.
Old 12-16-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Grats on the mount, Sezter. Unfortunately, my main is a hunter and I'm not getting into random instances much. Our people aren't using the Dungeon Finder on my server, I can't tell which.

I have a priest at 40, a pally at 68 and a druid at 74. Just have to decide if I want to be a healer or a tank. Both cause me stress
Old 12-16-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Xander
Just hit 85 last night. And in my questing blues and greens (with Blessing of Kings) I'm sitting at 114k health. Health pools are going to be giant now. Can't wait to start running dungeons and see how hard I get hit.
So you're a Pally or did someone cast it on you? I wonder how much HP the top tanks will have? 200k maybe in the near future?
Old 12-17-10, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
So you're a Pally or did someone cast it on you? I wonder how much HP the top tanks will have? 200k maybe in the near future?
I am indeed a paladin. I imagine by the time I'm ready for heroics, I'll be somewhere close to 150k health. So in Tier 11 gear, I could easily see coming close to 200k. Craziness.

Draven - I have only run two dungeons since Cata hit, so I can't really say. I imagine a lot of folks are doing what I did and just quest rather than run dungeons. I bet queues will start getting shorter soon as more folks hit 85.
Old 12-17-10, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty surprised by the stat bloat. I remember reading various Dev's comments about how they didn't like the stat bloat they introduced with the first expansion, and that Cataclysm would see much less of that, seems like the exact opposite. So, what, by the next expansion we will be hitting half a million hit points? It just seems kind of stupid.
Old 12-17-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I agree. Especially when the bosses will just get harder and harder.

I guess it's good for the non-raiding types that like to quest and do BG's every now and then.
Old 12-17-10, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the stat bloat the devs were referring to was the amount of crit, haste (for dps) and dodge (for tanks) that people were receiving. This required them to add in awkward debuffs in Sunwell and ICC so that tanks weren't just dodging everything.

The increase to Stamina was added in order to make the health pools much larger than the size of the heals to bring back the idea of triage in healing. Not everyone has to be at 100% all the time! I'm enjoying healing a lot more now than I did for all of WotLK...
Old 12-18-10, 08:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed Cataclysm last night. Played my 80 dwarf shadow priest to 81. I REALLY REALLY HATE ALL THESE EFFING WATER Quests. Okay, got that off my chest. The only good thing (or sad thing) was that I replaced a few pieces of my gear (the ole epics with greens). Nice to see my STA already break the 40k barrier.

I like the story, but can't stand the environment. I'll probably stick with it, but it makes me want to PVP or Lich King heroics to 83 (which I think is the cut off for Heroics) and then go back to Aquaman spelunking for the final 2.
Old 12-18-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Go to Mount Hyjal if you are sick of Vash'jr. I hated it too, way too buggy. I wish I went to Mount Hyjal on my main and then Vash'jr in a few months with my other Alt.
Old 12-20-10, 12:34 PM

I think stamina is really the only stat to get "bloated" this time around. And as hardcore said, it was done specifically to help with the new changes to healing. I do feel quite manly running around with 120k health now.

Yeah, I've heard from many people how much they disliked Vashj'ir. I went with Mount Hyjal first and liked it a lot. I suggest switching zones.
Old 12-20-10, 01:03 PM

Actually, I ended up going to Maelstrom when I hit 82. It opened up I guess after enough quests in Vash'jr or maybe it was cause I hit 82. Seems a lot easier to quest in, and the whole flying rather than swimming thing is a plus *grin*. We'll see. Still haven't done a dungeon yet (living on quest rewards and drops), but I'll imagine I'll get to one eventually.
Old 12-20-10, 01:20 PM

I am on a PVP server and Hyjal was a mess way too many people attacking me cause I tagged the MOB they wanted I found Vash'jr easier and once you have a seahorse mount it is easier and running on the sea floor seems faster than running on land. Also I had the problem of attacking MOBS and constantly hitting ally nearby accidentally. I had a shaman that kept dropping searing totems while we were waiting for mobs to spawn and I got tired of getting fireballs to the face so I killed it. after the second time he just killed me PVP realms are hard when a new expansion comes out glad I am 85 now atleast
Old 12-20-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I started on Hyjal but it seemed way too "same old same old" for me. I wasn't too impressed with Cataclysm based on that area. I switched, and Vash'jr was a hell of a lot more interesting, fun to quest in, and I had no problems getting around. The seahorse is great, but it sucks they don't let you use it in any water zone.

Dinged 85 with my hunter and immediately did my usual "now what?" that I always do with WoW.

I might run my mage up, because even though I have a high-level pally and druid, I don't feel like tanking/healing with them. I don't have enough time to run the instances enough to be comfortable in those roles. It's a lot easier for me to DPS and just try to not get killed. If I was starting over and learning on the "old" instances, that would be one thing. But I'm just not used to high-level healing and tanking and I don't want to wipe a group.
Old 12-20-10, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by bluntman72
I am on a PVP server and Hyjal was a mess way too many people attacking me cause I tagged the MOB they wanted I found Vash'jr easier and once you have a seahorse mount it is easier and running on the sea floor seems faster than running on land. Also I had the problem of attacking MOBS and constantly hitting ally nearby accidentally. I had a shaman that kept dropping searing totems while we were waiting for mobs to spawn and I got tired of getting fireballs to the face so I killed it. after the second time he just killed me PVP realms are hard when a new expansion comes out glad I am 85 now atleast
I tried a PVP realm a while back, and I just hated it. But kudos to you for actually getting to 85 in spite of it. I dunno, to me if I want to do PVP, I'll go to battlegrounds or what not. Don't really want to worry about it when I'm questing.
Old 12-21-10, 11:16 AM

I play on a PvP realm and it definitely has its moments. Can be challenging when you are just trying to quest and get pounced on. But it's also nice when you are trying to quest and a damn dirty nightelf keeps stealing your quest mobs so you pummel him.
Old 12-21-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
I started on Hyjal but it seemed way too "same old same old" for me. I wasn't too impressed with Cataclysm based on that area. I switched, and Vash'jr was a hell of a lot more interesting, fun to quest in, and I had no problems getting around. The seahorse is great, but it sucks they don't let you use it in any water zone.
I have to agree with this - Vash'jr seems like an actual "expansion" of the game experience, with the water mechanics and visuals, while Hyjal just seems like another new zone, at least so far for me (I'm enjoying both zones, though).
Old 12-27-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I hit 85 on my pally yesterday. it was fun since i had just hit 80 on that character a day or two before the expansion was released. now i have to figure out all the non-leveling things there are for me to do (or else just level other characters )
Old 12-27-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I hit 85 on my pally yesterday. it was fun since i had just hit 80 on that character a day or two before the expansion was released. now i have to figure out all the non-leveling things there are for me to do (or else just level other characters )
I'm finishing up Twilight Highlands and running dungeons on my 85 hunter (because he actually has killer DPS now). But I'm back to leveling other characters for the most part. I just get bored with the WoW endgame, especially since I have to wait for PUGs for all my dungeon runs.

Last edited by Draven; 12-27-10 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-28-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
I'm finishing up Twilight Highlands and running dungeons on my 85 hunter (because he actually has killer DPS now). But I'm back to leveling other characters for the most part. I just get bored with the WoW endgame, especially since I have to wait for PUGs for all my dungeon runs.
I always end up tanking or healing since i never have time to wait in queue and run the dungeon otherwise
Old 12-28-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I always end up tanking or healing since i never have time to wait in queue and run the dungeon otherwise
I hate being that responsible for the run though. I've healed/tanked low level instances. I feel like the endgame is more than I can handle. Though most dungeon runs seem to be "tank and spank" anyway. Maybe I'll run my druid up to 85 and give that a shot.
Old 12-28-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually, most of the Cataclysm dungeons aren't tank/spank. They have gone back to making things complicated and even trash pulls having to do CC. The only exception is if people are geared well enough to just tank/spank through everything. Regardless of gear I don't think you could do it in the heroic dungeons though.
Old 12-28-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, am I bored with this already.
Started leveling in Hyjal and it's just so linear and by the numbers. So I took a break from my main and rolled a rogue worgen. The starter levels are so awesome and immersive. And then you're dumped out at Darnassus and you're back to the rote kill and fetch quests in Darkshore. I could take only so many of those before I started queueing up for the lfg pugs to level. And that's a shame because I was so looking forward to questing in the new world. And the dungeons haven't changed much either, at least the lower level ones I've been through.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.