Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 06-22-09, 12:46 PM
  #801  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by gcribbs View Post
I am wondering what people think of the upcoming 3.2 patch. It looks like a ton of changes going on in the game.

i'm not liking all the deathknight nerfs, but it should make dual weilding viable for raiding. in our raid group there is a lot less competition for 1 handers than 2 handers
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 06-22-09, 01:02 PM
  #802  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by gcribbs View Post
I am wondering what people think of the upcoming 3.2 patch. It looks like a ton of changes going on in the game.
level 20 now for mounts? Did I read that right? That sucks. I remember how long the grind was to hit 40 to get that mount. now you can get a mount within a day. It is so much easier to quest/level witha mount.
superdeluxe is offline  
Old 06-23-09, 01:53 AM
  #803  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,963
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
level 20 now for mounts? Did I read that right? That sucks. I remember how long the grind was to hit 40 to get that mount. now you can get a mount within a day. It is so much easier to quest/level witha mount.

plus epic ground mount at 40 and only 50 gold. too bad i just spent 510 gold to learn it for an alt recently
gcribbs is offline  
Old 06-24-09, 07:40 PM
  #804  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 29,158
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

They are making it way easy for new players now.
nickdawgy is offline  
Old 06-24-09, 11:58 PM
  #805  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,673
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

You guys seen this yet? Some kid flipping the fuck out after his mom canceled his WOW account. It's hilarious.

http://www.funlol.com/13524/World_of...t_Flipout.html
Maxflier is offline  
Old 06-25-09, 11:31 AM
  #806  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
You guys seen this yet? Some kid flipping the fuck out after his mom canceled his WOW account. It's hilarious.

http://www.funlol.com/13524/World_of...t_Flipout.html
its fake. has been confirmed
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 06-25-09, 11:33 AM
  #807  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,673
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Oh, well pretty much everything on the interweb is fake it seems. Still funny as shit though.
Maxflier is offline  
Old 07-21-09, 11:46 PM
  #808  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41761

Interesting.

Cool, confirmed. http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/090721.html

Last edited by fumanstan; 07-22-09 at 12:14 AM.
fumanstan is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 01:51 AM
  #809  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,963
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

So now that 3.2 has hit. What are your thoughts on the patch?

It will level the gear differences between casual players and raiders by a ton I think.

Seeing someone with Top end tier gear will not mean much since they could have gotten it by running Heroics over and over again.

The good news is it will help those of us with alts slowly get them geared better to enter raids.
gcribbs is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 02:14 AM
  #810  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

this is awesome and hilarious... nsfw for language and some racy stuff... but it is wow related

http://teaser.gamecreds.com/
glassdragon is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 07:35 AM
  #811  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,568
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by gcribbs View Post
So now that 3.2 has hit. What are your thoughts on the patch?

It will level the gear differences between casual players and raiders by a ton I think.

Seeing someone with Top end tier gear will not mean much since they could have gotten it by running Heroics over and over again.

The good news is it will help those of us with alts slowly get them geared better to enter raids.
Well, to be fair, you can only get 2 pieces of 8.5 gear from the Conquest emblems. It's not going to help you get Tier 9 gear, so there will still be plenty of opportunity for the elitists to do some e-peen waving. Me personally, I don't really care. I already had some 8 and 8.5 gear before the patch, and getting more through this method is awesome. Thumbs up all around from me for the patch.
Quake1028 is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 12:09 PM
  #812  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Well, to be fair, you can only get 2 pieces of 8.5 gear from the Conquest emblems. It's not going to help you get Tier 9 gear, so there will still be plenty of opportunity for the elitists to do some e-peen waving. Me personally, I don't really care. I already had some 8 and 8.5 gear before the patch, and getting more through this method is awesome. Thumbs up all around from me for the patch.
Actually it does help you get some tier 9 if I recall correctly. The heroic daily gives a triumph badge. While it will take awhile, those can be turned in for tier 9 I think
glassdragon is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 12:17 PM
  #813  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
Actually it does help you get some tier 9 if I recall correctly. The heroic daily gives a triumph badge. While it will take awhile, those can be turned in for tier 9 I think

dont you need the triumph badges as well as an trophy or something that drops from the raid bosses in order to get your tier pieces now?
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 08-10-09, 07:13 PM
  #814  
DVD Talk Legend
 
gcribbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Sacramento,Ca,USA member #2634
Posts: 11,963
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
dont you need the triumph badges as well as an trophy or something that drops from the raid bosses in order to get your tier pieces now?

Yes. You need the badges and the trophy. A strange system actually since you could get all the badges and never win a roll or get assigned a trophy and never be able to get your tier.
gcribbs is offline  
Old 08-11-09, 11:31 AM
  #815  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 8,550
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by gcribbs View Post
Yes. You need the badges and the trophy. A strange system actually since you could get all the badges and never win a roll or get assigned a trophy and never be able to get your tier.
No.

There are 3 different levels of T9.

The first (and weakest) is available with just triumph badges.
The second is costs triumph badges + a trophy.
The third (and best) only costs a tier token, and I believe that just drops in 25 Heroic mode.
joeblow69 is offline  
Old 08-11-09, 11:41 AM
  #816  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

are all the 2nd tier torphies the same? like you could get all 5 pieces even if you only got the trophies from Northrend Beasts?
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 08-11-09, 12:03 PM
  #817  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,031
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Game just gets easier and easier. 5 80's now, hit the gold cap, and cleared it on 10 man. Yogg is still an issue for the 25 man group, but that is due to some who just can't seem to follow the simplest of directions.

If I happen to log on late and miss the guild 5 man runs for the daily and ToS I have to pug, and then I get to see the dregs of the game. DK who puts out 900dps, fire mage who loves to cast frostbolt over and over. God forbid I find a competent tank who understands that you have to hit more then one mob in a multi-mob pull.

As for the new 10 and 25. /sigh. One pull, that's all it took to down the new bosses. Stuff like that is just silly. Yes, it was not hard mode, but still... I was expecting more for "Not one, but two Jormaungars!" Blizz is getting lazy and it is really starting to show.
tjr2mental is offline  
Old 08-11-09, 12:55 PM
  #818  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
joeblow69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 8,550
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

well, for every group who blew through the new 10/25 man in one pull, there were groups like mine who took 8 or 9 attempts to get them down.

I'll agree that blizz is getting lazy, but if you're in a good group that is clearing almost all of udluar, don't be so surprised if you can waltz through the first battle of the next raid.
joeblow69 is offline  
Old 08-12-09, 10:04 AM
  #819  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 30,921
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

I don't think Blizzard is getting lazy. I just think they continue to tone down the crazy "running a raid 20 times to accomplish anything" and spending 5000 G for a mount that is only fun for people that have that kind of free time.

I have two 80s and a few other higher level alts, but I've always been a casual WoW player. I took a break recently because it was too difficult to get good gear with a job, a family and only a few nights a week to play. So anything Blizzard does to make the game more accessible and fun for people like me, I'm all for.
Draven is online now  
Old 08-12-09, 11:25 AM
  #820  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,693
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by tjr2mental View Post
Game just gets easier and easier. 5 80's now, hit the gold cap, and cleared it on 10 man. Yogg is still an issue for the 25 man group, but that is due to some who just can't seem to follow the simplest of directions.

If I happen to log on late and miss the guild 5 man runs for the daily and ToS I have to pug, and then I get to see the dregs of the game. DK who puts out 900dps, fire mage who loves to cast frostbolt over and over. God forbid I find a competent tank who understands that you have to hit more then one mob in a multi-mob pull.

As for the new 10 and 25. /sigh. One pull, that's all it took to down the new bosses. Stuff like that is just silly. Yes, it was not hard mode, but still... I was expecting more for "Not one, but two Jormaungars!" Blizz is getting lazy and it is really starting to show.
you don't sound happy. when you quit, can you send me your gold? thanks.

--
i love it when people cry about the game and blizzard... and keep paying $15/month to cry about it.
young is offline  
Old 08-12-09, 12:11 PM
  #821  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

what is the gold cap, delda? currently for me it seems to be about 300, haha.
we got the new new boss down last night but it wasnt a one shot. we're still working on yogg25 too; learning phase 3. we need to kill Yogg so Uld will reset and so I, as the low man on the loot totem pole, will have some shots at some drops!
DaveNinja is offline  
Old 08-13-09, 03:59 AM
  #822  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Somewhere out there... YES THERE!!!
Posts: 7,936
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

HELLLOOOOOO ONYXIA

From the official boards

She has lurked in her lair and done battle with the many brave adventurers who travelled to that familiar location over the years. Now, in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary, the dreaded brood mother Onyxia is being revamped to make a return to the forefront of Azeroth, as part of our big plans for the upcoming 3.2.2 content patch.

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into 10- and 25-player modes. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called Brood of Onyxia. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

We’re very excited to bring this classic encounter back to provide a fun new experience for both new and veteran players. Further details will be available in the near future, and we will be setting up the Public Test Realms soon to help test out this fight along with all the new content we have planned for the patch. Keep an eye on the forums for updates!
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
glassdragon is offline  
Old 08-15-09, 10:43 AM
  #823  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,031
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by young View Post
you don't sound happy. when you quit, can you send me your gold? thanks.

--
i love it when people cry about the game and blizzard... and keep paying $15/month to cry about it.
I think I keep playing/paying now more for the friends I made then the game I play.

As for the complaining part. So, when people do not like something they should just shut up and walk away? How does anything ever change if you use that mindset in life? Fail logic is fail.
tjr2mental is offline  
Old 08-15-09, 11:10 AM
  #824  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,031
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
what is the gold cap, delda? currently for me it seems to be about 300, haha.
we got the new new boss down last night but it wasnt a one shot. we're still working on yogg25 too; learning phase 3. we need to kill Yogg so Uld will reset and so I, as the low man on the loot totem pole, will have some shots at some drops!
214k gold

You sound like our new DK tank. Poor guy is getting screwed cuz we just keep extending the instance lockout.
tjr2mental is offline  
Old 08-17-09, 12:33 PM
  #825  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,823
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Originally Posted by tjr2mental View Post
214k gold

You sound like our new DK tank. Poor guy is getting screwed cuz we just keep extending the instance lockout.
our guild finally killed Yogg last night. I missed the raid since i actually had babysitters and went to see District 9 instead.

at least now our raid id can reset. hopefully the new ToC boss this week wont be too hard. for 25 mode, its like 5 champions, isnt it?
DaveNinja is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.