Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Old 11-24-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
It was nice of WoW to give us a present on its birthday. Did they do anything similar in previous years?
Old 11-24-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Setzer
This is the reason I left after I hit 70. What's there to do besides dailies and raiding? Nothing.
I know ... I don't know what people's rush is, either. I was looking forward to leveling up to 80 with my guildies, but they all rushed to 80 and left me in the dust way back at 74. So now I'm left pugging dungeons. Blech.
Old 11-29-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Can a Horde player group with a Alliance player?

Is there a best server to play on?

What are your tips and suggestions for a new player?
Old 11-29-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 413 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Can a Horde player group with a Alliance player?

Is there a best server to play on?

What are your tips and suggestions for a new player?
This isn't EQ, the Alliance and Horde are mortal enemies. You can't group with them, trade with them, understand what they are saying when they talk, or go into their towns or cities without being attacked.

For a new player, never beg for gold. People hate beggars. If you ask people normal questions, prepare for an onslaught of stupid answers. Also, and this is very important. Never, EVER, mention Chuck Norris.
Old 11-29-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I know ... I don't know what people's rush is, either. I was looking forward to leveling up to 80 with my guildies, but they all rushed to 80 and left me in the dust way back at 74. So now I'm left pugging dungeons. Blech.
That's what my guild did. They want to be the first to start raiding. I got my Shaman to level 71, and haven't played in a week. It's just not as fun as it used to be.
Old 11-30-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
This isn't EQ, the Alliance and Horde are mortal enemies. You can't group with them, trade with them, understand what they are saying when they talk, or go into their towns or cities without being attacked.

For a new player, never beg for gold. People hate beggars. If you ask people normal questions, prepare for an onslaught of stupid answers. Also, and this is very important. Never, EVER, mention Chuck Norris.
Best advise ever posed about WoW.
Old 11-30-08, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But I really wanted to be a Chuck Norris fighting elf
Old 11-30-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
That's what my guild did. They want to be the first to start raiding. I got my Shaman to level 71, and haven't played in a week. It's just not as fun as it used to be.
Agreed. It's hard to keep up with the hardcore. I've pushed pretty hard and I'm almost to 78. A number of the other people in my guild are at 80 (including a Death Knight...I mean, c'mon.)

It's the same problem I've always had with the game. I like questing and taking it easy. Most of the people I play with blast through the content pretty quickly. It sucks. There is a whole list of dungeons I've never seen in any of the three games because by the time I was ready to run them, my guildmates were long past.

Ah well, I still have fun solo questing.
Old 12-04-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts
I don't feel like I really rushed (read all the quests, leveled my professions, etc) and I hit 80 on Saturday. Now I've still got tons of stuff to do. Achievements, heroics, reputations, 10-mans (hopefully). Plus Northrend is just so friggin sweet. I'm completing all the quests in Icecrown just because the lore is just so awesome out there. And I've never even stepped foot in Strand of the Ancients or Wintergrasp yet. I'm really having fun with Wrath.
Old 12-08-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
i hit 80 saturday morning. i'm still working on the icecrown quests, that place is awesome. the phasing is very well done there
Old 12-08-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts
I've got my alt to 80, now I'm back to my main to get him up there too. After that, it'll be the Death Knight...then I'll probably go back on break for a while.

I just don't like the high level content as much as questing. It bothers me when I don't get experience for what I'm doing. Building the rep with the factions while wearing a tabard is a good step and will cause me to make more runs through dungeons. But ulitimately I've decided I'm a player that needs a goal.
Old 12-08-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got my Shaman to 72 last night. I play maybe once, maybe twice a week, for 3-4 hours or so. My bro-in-law hit 80 and our guild is doing Naxx now.
Old 12-09-08, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got my dwarf hunter to 11.
Old 12-09-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hit 80 about four days after WOTLK came out, but since that I've lost a lot of interest. now, I'm rolling a Human DeathKnight, currently level 67.

My biggest complaint is the fact that you can't get epics from BG's now. I have no desire to do Arena and I hate the rat race that is PVE gearing.
Old 12-09-08, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
I hit 80 about four days after WOTLK came out, but since that I've lost a lot of interest. now, I'm rolling a Human DeathKnight, currently level 67.

My biggest complaint is the fact that you can't get epics from BG's now. I have no desire to do Arena and I hate the rat race that is PVE gearing.

I'm kind of going through burn out mode right now myself. After running Naxx 10 man 2 times, I have to say that I'm kind of disappointed in the loot and badges you get compared to how Kara was. I don't know if i'm up for the gear grind again. Right now, all I find myself able to do is log in each day to do the daily cooking quest. I loved the story in the quests from grinding to 80 as well as the starting death knight quests, but around Thanksgiving time I found myself with no desire to play. This has happened before and I've always come back, but I don't know if this time is different. I also left my old guild for a new one and sometimes that can mess you up. This could all boil over. I could be suffering the holiday blues I think.
Old 12-10-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts
The only thing that's killing me now is the RNG. I realize that drops are random/rare, but come on. Running the same boss 10 times hoping for the same drop gets old quick. Guess I'll run it 10 more times and pray some more. /sigh
Old 12-10-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I got my dwarf hunter to 11.
Alliance scum.

Old 12-11-08, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I might end up leaving the game. i got my Hunter to 80 and I hear a huge number of nerfs are coming down the road for hunter.

I was ok with arena when if I sucked i could still get gear if I was willing to save up points slowly. Now Arena is dead to me and since you need arena for the good BG PvP gear they are out.

I am tired of all the grind and prob will not renew when I expire in january. I just can not get the interest up for playing like I used to. I was off the last 5 days and barely played at all.

Maybe a break is what I need however to recharge my batteries.
Old 12-11-08, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gcribbs
I might end up leaving the game. i got my Hunter to 80 and I hear a huge number of nerfs are coming down the road for hunter.

I was ok with arena when if I sucked i could still get gear if I was willing to save up points slowly. Now Arena is dead to me and since you need arena for the good BG PvP gear they are out.

I am tired of all the grind and prob will not renew when I expire in january. I just can not get the interest up for playing like I used to. I was off the last 5 days and barely played at all.

Maybe a break is what I need however to recharge my batteries.
I started leveling my alt hunter who was at 70. Leatherworking has some great patterns, even epic ones. I've found that playing a hunter is even more dumbed down than before. For christ's sake...I don't even have to feed or take care of my pet anymore.....with the new pet talent trees.

I have a Hyena named "Ed"...heh He can charge, sprint, bite, growl....nothing left. He never dies..heals himself all the time. And now he can even rez miraculously ever 10 minutes with full health if he ever does die. What more could a hunter want?

Everything has been dumbed down....epic patterns galore....the one thing they did do was to bottleneck alot of stuff....Jewelcrafting....with needing the tokens from daily JC'ing quests to buy patterns. Couple months and a good JC'er can have all the patterns.

They simplified and made the game what its become...farmer's paradise. If you can farm mats and gold you're golden. Raiding is fine...but with the dungeon rep tabards now....its all about farming.
Old 12-11-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm up to 78. I've been playing a ton (for me anyway) but I've been trying to not hit 80 too fast since I will lose all interest in that character (other than farming ore) once I get there--I don't like instances or pvp so there isn't much for me to do once I finish leveling a character.

Anyway I'm having fun, getting my blacksmithing up, and working on some achievements. On Silver Hand, everyone farms the hell out of Sholozar Basin, but Icecrown is barely touched--I guess lots of people didn't bother getting their epic flyers--their loss but its great right now for leveling up my blacksmithing, and at this point the stuff I can make is actually somewhat worth wearing.
Old 12-11-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginwen
I'm up to 78. I've been playing a ton (for me anyway) but I've been trying to not hit 80 too fast since I will lose all interest in that character (other than farming ore) once I get there--I don't like instances or pvp so there isn't much for me to do once I finish leveling a character.
I'm the same way....before WOTLK i quit playing after I got my mage to 70. I tried doing pvp but it was pretty redundant. And I never had much interest (or time) for instances and raids, so by the time I reached 70 I didn't have the gear everyone expected me to have to be effective.

I'm at 75 and taking my time with the new content. Had a nice diversion pursuing the Explorer title and tabard. Maybe when I reach 80 I can start on a couple of professions....I skipped those with my mage, except for First Aid of course.
Old 12-11-08, 08:09 PM

my DK is at 74 right now, im taking some time off to get my herbalism and mining up to the required level for grizzly hills, im trying to complete the Loremaster achievement so so far ive only completed Howling Fjord and Boring Tundra. I ESPECIALLY love how all the loot up to Naxx all look the exact same and how melee plate wearers got almost nothing in instances until Naxx. Also love how there is almost no end game content, my guild is constantly clearing the same things over and over again - dragons and naxx >_
Old 12-12-08, 02:48 PM

I've been pretty happy with the expansion so far. I thought all the new zones were great, with some cool quest lines in pretty much every zone. I don't have time to commit to a raiding schedule anymore, so being able to casually do 10 mans with the guild, or pugging a 25 man if I have a free night, has been great for me.

When I'm not running heroics I've been enjoying myself doing achievements, finishing off the last few quests I need for Loremaster, and I look forward to getting the rest of the heroic achievements.

Actually, in the four years I've been playing the game this is the most I've had on my "WoW list of things to do".
Old 12-14-08, 01:50 PM

This is probably annoying, but I don't really know anything about PC games. I was given the Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends game (but its missing disc 1). I can't find a thread for this game, so I thought I would try here?

My question is: Do you have to have the Rise of Nation's game already? And would you need to have the first disc in order to be able to play this? I wanted to give this to a friend, since I have it. But don't want to look like a complete jackass if it is completely useless now.

Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 12-15-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Rise of Legends is a stand-alone game with no story relationship to Rise of Nations (just some game mechanics are shared). You do need all the discs to install the game. I picked it up new a year or so ago at a bargain store for about $8, so it isn't worth much used.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.