Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was wondering what the ?? Level means for some monsters. I assume they are a lot higher level than I am. Is it at least 10 levels?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of being in a guild? How could you even know if a guild was a good one or a bunch or kids playing around.
Old 10-17-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gcribbs
I was wondering what the ?? Level means for some monsters. I assume they are a lot higher level than I am. Is it at least 10 levels?

What is the advantage or disadvantage of being in a guild? How could you even know if a guild was a good one or a bunch or kids playing around.

I believe that mobs that are ?? are 10+ levels over your level.

Guilds are nice for helping with instances and having other people to run with. High end raids are done by guilds and rarely, although occasionally, done as public runs. If you really want to get geared out with epics and see more end game content, a good guild is the way to go.

Just my experience.
Old 10-17-06, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeepBlue
With Halloween coming up, I keep hearing that Blizzard is doing special holiday events in WoW. Can anyone clue me in please?
Here ya go: In-Game Events

New Year's Eve
Lunar Festival
Love is in the Air (Valentine's Day)
Noblegarden (Easter)
Children's Week
Midsummer Fire Festival (Summer Solstice)
Harvest Festival
Hallow's End (Halloween)
Winter Veil (Christmas)
Old 10-17-06, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FiveO
I believe that mobs that are ?? are 10+ levels over your level.

Guilds are nice for helping with instances and having other people to run with. High end raids are done by guilds and rarely, although occasionally, done as public runs. If you really want to get geared out with epics and see more end game content, a good guild is the way to go.

Just my experience.
Can you leave a guild and join another one if you find the guild is not a good one.

I was trying to do a run on the deadmines with a random group and it ended up falling apart.

I think a guild might be the answer.
Old 10-18-06, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
You can leave a guild if you want but generally the type of guild that would just invite you just like that isn't a very established one. Not that that's a bad thing, just don't expect it to be one of the top guilds.
Old 10-18-06, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
You can leave a guild if you want but generally the type of guild that would just invite you just like that isn't a very established one. Not that that's a bad thing, just don't expect it to be one of the top guilds.
You mean they are not going to fight to get my 25 Lvl Warrior
Old 10-18-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is my experience with guilds...your mileage may vary.

You won't get invited to a top raiding guild right away, you have to work your way up.

I was in 2 low level guilds and just outgrew them. I was lvl 50 and the nearest guildie was like 41....so I said goodbye and moved up to a higher level guild. I still talk with many from my old guilds and help out when needed. Just work your way up. I don't condone guild hopping but several weeks in 1 guild then moving on is ok if you're outgrowing the guild. If you're the top geared out person and the top level and you're always getting "can you run me through XXX"...then it might be time to move on.
Old 10-18-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeepBlue
With Halloween coming up, I keep hearing that Blizzard is doing special holiday events in WoW. Can anyone clue me in please?
here's the Hallow's End Page:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/hallowsend/

I loved logging in and seeing all the pumpkins this morning :-)

I never seem to take advantage of the seasonal things- I gotta do more of them.

-jason
Old 10-18-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
I can't believe I'm playing this game again. This has got to be the fifth time I've quit and restarted! I have a plan, this time, though. I'm going to get 1 char to level 60 if it kills me. No more dicking around with alts.

So here's my question: I've got a 40 Warlock, with high levels in herbalism and skinning. The reason I took skinning was because I would send all my skins to an alt who has leatherworking. But since I gave up on that guy, I'm not sure if there's any point in keeping skinning. Do high level hides go for much money? I was thinking of ditching it for alchemy, which would be helpful for my warlock, but then realized that I'm already losing a bag slot for my sould shards, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for herbs and potions. So then I considered Tailoring, but figured i'd have the same problem. Any one have any ideas? What do warlocks usually do?
Old 10-18-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
here's the Hallow's End Page:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/hallowsend/

I loved logging in and seeing all the pumpkins this morning :-)

I never seem to take advantage of the seasonal things- I gotta do more of them.

-jason
Halloween event is cool but it's the same stuff as last year. The decorations are cool but how about mixing it up a little with the quests and items? I think it would be cool if you could get a Ghost or Bat as a pet.
Old 10-18-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I have a few friends on another server that I'm considering moving to. They're in a really good guild and I could take advantage of that. I still realy like the guild I'm in, but i'm seriously considering moving.

The server i'm currently on is PVP. The server i'd move to is PVE.

My question is, what would i be missing out on by moving to a PVE server? Is the only thing that you can kill horde in-game (unless flagged obviously), or is there more I'm not thinking about?
Old 10-19-06, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I can't believe I'm playing this game again. This has got to be the fifth time I've quit and restarted! I have a plan, this time, though. I'm going to get 1 char to level 60 if it kills me. No more dicking around with alts.

So here's my question: I've got a 40 Warlock, with high levels in herbalism and skinning. The reason I took skinning was because I would send all my skins to an alt who has leatherworking. But since I gave up on that guy, I'm not sure if there's any point in keeping skinning. Do high level hides go for much money? I was thinking of ditching it for alchemy, which would be helpful for my warlock, but then realized that I'm already losing a bag slot for my sould shards, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for herbs and potions. So then I considered Tailoring, but figured i'd have the same problem. Any one have any ideas? What do warlocks usually do?

I have a level 60 lock..my main. My very first character in WoW...started on June 6th and hit 60 on August 6th.

I can heartily say that herb/alchemy has been very very good to me. I earned the cash for my epic mount (375g) along with numerous other items with this combo.

I recently got my 28 slot shard bag with the only mats purchased off the AH being the core leather....150g or so....well worth it!

Alchemy can be tricky...but I have some advice...every night before you log off...check the AH for recipes to buy. Just in case anyone has listed a recipe at a price lower than its value. I have learned several good recipes this way.

I ground out levels with my lock like no tomorrow. Just keep grinding and you'll be fine.

The game is only half over the second you hit 60....once you do...the 2nd half starts.

Good luck!
Old 10-19-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

?? means not to F**K with them, because yes, they are at least 10 lvls higher than you. I've seen this alot lately, alliance goons ganking lowbies at htousand needles.

About guilds, I dont really see a disadvantage, Just find a guild that you are comfortable with, in your play style.

Also lots of the more reputable guilds have a website, that you can check. Guilds that have been around for a long time means they are doing something right.
Old 10-19-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean they are not going to fight to get my 25 Lvl Warrior
Also if you want to get into one of the top guilds, It helps ALOT if you group with some of the guild members doing some PUG's or something.

It also helps to have several friends in a guild, your application gets pushed through.
Old 10-19-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joeboo835

My question is, what would i be missing out on by moving to a PVE server? Is the only thing that you can kill horde in-game (unless flagged obviously), or is there more I'm not thinking about?
PVP> PVE imho, sure it gets annoying getting ganked once in awhile...But nothing beats the realism of battling alliance/horde anywhere you go.
Old 10-19-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
On the other hand, who wants to fill out an official application and offer your first born child to join an "established" guild. In the end it's all about having fun.
Old 10-19-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JaxComet
On the other hand, who wants to fill out an official application and offer your first born child to join an "established" guild. In the end it's all about having fun.
I completely agree with you. Like I said, my guild was all fun then it got bigger and then well it was constant raids and only 60's allowed blah blah.
Old 10-19-06, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JaxComet
I kinda like the fact that we screen our applicants and usually remove the loot whores and drama queens before they burn us.

That said, We've basically given up on Naxx and AQ raids cause ppl have seen that their gear will be useless in 2 months
Old 10-20-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
My guild got to Ragnaros for the first time last night. I finally got to see the big guy.
Old 10-21-06, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was so fun, a guildie and I both of us hunters were killing stuff in AQ20 last night just the 2 of us.. Was fun but we didn't get a silithid husk launcher
Old 10-21-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally got my first epic item last night in Scholo. My Skyfury helmet for my Shaman. I have been playing for over a year and a half and no epics til now. Amazing.

Then again, I am lucky to have a couple of hours to play a night and I don't raid, so....
Old 10-23-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Was so fun, a guildie and I both of us hunters were killing stuff in AQ20 last night just the 2 of us.. Was fun but we didn't get a silithid husk launcher

That dropped for my guild last week off a trash mob in AQ20. I was the Master looter, went to loot, hoping for a scarab or two and I'm like..woah!
Old 10-24-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
January!
Old 10-24-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice delay on BC. I wonder what the reason was.
Old 10-24-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
it just wasnt far enough along yet

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.