DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Halo 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/480220-halo-3-a.html)

ElementZ 10-09-06 05:09 PM

Halo 3

Has there been any publicly released info on Halo 3. Screen shots, videos, release dates, etc. I still play Halo 2 daily and H3 will be the game to buy a 360.

kgrogers1979 10-09-06 05:46 PM

As far as I know, the only Halo 3 footage that has been released is the E3 '06 trailer.

edstein 10-09-06 09:07 PM

Halo Wars should also be on your radar.

ElementZ 10-09-06 09:22 PM

What's Halo Wars?

kgrogers1979 10-09-06 09:48 PM

Halo Wars is the upcoming RTS that is set in the Halo universe.

Halo Wars X06 trailer

Supermallet 10-09-06 10:33 PM

EGM next month will have a cover article about Halo 3.

ElementZ 10-10-06 06:15 AM

That video is crazy. That can't be footage from the game. Looks more like a movie. :eek:

flashburn 10-10-06 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by ElementZ
That video is crazy. That can't be footage from the game. Looks more like a movie. :eek:

That's because it is a movie. There is 0 in game/engine footage in that trailer, its completely prerendered.

Whoops, I don't know if you are talking about the Halo 3 or Halo Wars video. Halo 3 was in game, Halo Wars CG.

gerrythedon 11-14-06 01:30 AM

Countdown to Halo News

Fifth anniversary to be marked with major announcement.

In his weekly update on bungie.net, Frank O'Connor came just short of guaranteeing some major Halo announcements this week. Wednesday, November 15 marks the five-year anniversary of the original Halo. Microsoft's killer app and its sequel, Halo 2, are far and beyond the biggest sellers in the short history of Xbox.

On Friday, O'Connor posted:

"A bunch of stuff is going down to celebrate the 5th anniversary of a little game we like to call Halo. In November 2001, Halo launched alongside the Xbox console, and the rest is history. Next year, Halo 3 will conclude the story arc begun all those years ago and next week, we'll take a long lingering look at the series to date. There will also be some pretty BIG surprises and maybe announcements. Who can say?"

Along with retrospectives, it appears Bungie is set to offer new revelations about the franchise. It's possible that, with the launch of PS3 and Wii just days away, Microsoft is ready to reveal an official release date for Halo 3. We call early summer '07, though conventional wisdom would place the launch during the holiday buying season.

There are a number of big mysteries surrounding the franchise that could make for juicy news. Aside from a launch date for Halo 3, there is almost no info as of yet on Halo Wars, the real-time strategy game developed by Ensemble Studios. Another possibility is the release of new details on Marvel Comics' upcoming Halo ongoing series, which is launching in summer 2007. And let's not forget Peter Jackson's as-yet-unnamed Halo videogame project. Then there is still the question of the on-again off-again Halo feature film. The questions seem endless. This week we should get a few answers.

IGN.com

Chris_D 11-14-06 08:02 AM

The 1up yours show from this week has the guys going down to Bungie studios and playing some multi, along with some chats with the dev team. It's pretty extensive. The EGM issue will cover some of the same ground I imagine, but I believe it will have some screens.

KurrptSenate 11-14-06 08:42 AM

i pre-ordered the special edition w/ the helmet. I must say, after getting Gears, this game has lost all appeal for me.

Trevor 11-14-06 10:03 AM

I have a great idea for what the surprise announcement should be.

Halo 2 online co-op that was supposed to be in the original release.

Liver&Onions 11-14-06 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
I have a great idea for what the surprise announcement should be.

Halo 2 online co-op that was supposed to be in the original release.

If they don't introduce co-op, that would be more of a surprise. Co-op is now a necessary thing IMO - Gears nailed it, Army of Two looks like it could nail it. Co-op is the next wave of online gaming.

mrpayroll 12-14-06 05:55 PM

Just a rumor at this point!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...s&subj=6163220

Brutes playable in Halo 3? Source: The blogs of two Belgian Xbox Ambassadors, PlatoniX (English translation) and YLA G.

The official story: Microsoft rep: "Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation."

What we heard: One of the big surprises in 2004's blockbuster Halo 2 was the ability to play as a member of an alien race. Gamers suited up as the Arbiter--one of the Covenant's Elites bestowed with a special title--in the single-player campaign, and could skin themselves as Elites in the multiplayer portion.

Now word is spreading that another alien race will be playable in the upcoming Halo 3, due for release sometime next year. The race in question is the Brutes (the character on the right in the image), the gorilla-like berserkers who became the bodyguards of the Prophets.

According to a post on a few blogs out of Europe, a new Halo 3 video will be headed to Xbox Live Marketplace on December 20 showing Brutes as playable characters. The alleged seven-minute video will also feature two-and-a-half minutes of gameplay, which would make it the first time the public has gotten a look at the game in action.

These blogs belong to members of Belgium's Xbox Elite Team, a group of Xbox 360 gamers that are regional ambassadors for the system. Xbox Ambassadors are sanctioned by Microsoft, but aren't actually employed by the company. Typically, Ambassadors are active community members willing to go the extra mile to help out others.

Both PlatoniX and YLA G, the owners of the two blogs, are listed as Xbox Ambassadors on Xbox.com, but this doesn't exactly mean they are directly tied to Microsoft or have any insider information. The two also don't cite their source for the Halo 3 details.

There are no doubt going to be some surprises in Halo 3, but Bungie managed to keep playing as the Arbiter secret until the game actually came out. Why would they choose to spill the beans early this time around?

Bogus or not bogus?: Based on the fact that no source is named, we have to say bogus now, but we won't really find out until next week.

Posted by TimSpot, Dec 14, 2006 2:01 pm PT

Chris

edstein 12-14-06 08:20 PM

Brutes are cool but, I'd rather play as the Flood.

harrydoyle 12-16-06 03:25 PM

I found a really sweet version of the Halo 3 trailer:

http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/game...3_2006_trailer

edstein 12-25-06 12:51 AM

Violin girl rocks.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VLt5_ME_2_M" ></embed>

kar10 12-25-06 10:33 PM

WOW! How did you find it?

The violin girl sure rocks I think I'm in love ;)

mmconhea 01-02-07 09:52 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I downloaded and watched that new Halo 3 video about the Brutes and thought the following:
Who gives a shit about the Brutes? Why ware they wasting their time on this shit? Who asked for more better Brutes? I mean c'mon most people were dissapointed they had to waste half the second game playing as and Alien Elite and now they are probably scheming to have us trot around aa a retarded-looking Brute.

Michael Corvin 01-02-07 10:12 AM

I have to agree. Seeing the Arbitor's story was cool but playing as him got old. He didn't play different enough to warrant taking up half the game.

Originally Posted by kar10
WOW! How did you find it?

It was on Kotaku about 10 days ago. Also posted in the main 360 thread I think.

mrpayroll 01-02-07 06:33 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163660...s&subj=6163660

Crackdown to include Halo 3 Beta keys

Advertisement for upcoming supercop game claims some copies will include admission to Halo 3's beta program; Spartans already doing battle in Iraq.

By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Jan 2, 2007 1:19 pm PT

Gamers aren't quite sure exactly when they will be able to get their hands on a copy of Halo 3 as its release date is simply "2007." The release date got narrowed slightly in November, when Bungie revealed that it would be launching a beta program for the Xbox 360 game this spring. To qualify, gamers were pointed to the Halo 3 Web site, where they were asked to enter information, cross their fingers, and wait for an e-mail confirmation of acceptance into the beta test.

Microsoft and Bungie have said that there would be multiple ways to enter the program, and now it appears that just about anyone can get one of the highly coveted seats in the test... provided they're willing to purchase a separate game.

Over the holiday break, the online arm of gaming magazine GamePro drummed up some interest in the February issue of the print publication by pointing out a tidbit from an ad that appears in said issue. In a two-page spread (scan available at TeamXbox.com) promoting the near-future police shooter Crackdown, the phrase "Includes invitation to Halo 3 multiplayer beta" appears in the lower-left corner. The beta keys will apparently be offered for a limited time and will appear in "specially marked boxes."

When asked for confirmation by Microsoft, a rep would only tell GameSpot that "There will be details in the coming days, stay tuned." Microsoft Game Studios is publishing both Crackdown and Halo 3.

As for Bungie, in last week's Weekly Update, the company acknowledged that information on how to enter the beta was "floating around the interwebs" and that Microsoft would have new details this week.

While quiet on most fronts, Bungie did talk about a small pre-beta program it is planning. The developer hopes to offer up "thousands" of spots to "experienced and active players" of Halo 2 as well as "people who spread Bungie love." Bungie will provide more details on its Web site in the future.

Bungie supports the troops.

Of course those that absolutely have to play the Halo 3 beta have one other method of virtually donning Spartan armor right now--enlist in the US Armed Forces. Bungie apparently surprised troops stationed in Iraq with a three-day Halo 3 gaming session just before the new year, says GameSpot member "Cowboy082288." The forum poster has uploaded videos and pictures of the event (with some footage of gameplay) on a MySpace account.

It's kind of like Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory! :thumbsup:

Chris

Giantrobo 01-02-07 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Violin girl rocks.

Yeah they sound great.

edstein 01-03-07 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah they sound great.

Kinda makes you want to do a river dance. :lol:

Giantrobo 01-03-07 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by edstein
Kinda makes you want to do a river dance. :lol:

Ha! The HALO games have amazing music. I listened to a HALO II CD and although I've heard all the music in the game, hearing the music on its own was really nice.

Giantrobo 01-05-07 12:13 PM

Anyone here download the behind the scenes videos for HALO 3 on the marketplace?

There's cool video where the developers are talking about the Brutes. It shows quite a bit of what looks like gameplay video.