Reload this Page >

Official Wii Thread Part 4.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread Part 4.

Old 10-19-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 773 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Nice. Wish we could have seen the list of stores.
Best Buy's corporate headquarters is based in the Cities, and the corporate store that is right down the street got one of the highest alotments of 360s in the country last year.

Hopefully they'll have this set up tomorrow.
Old 10-19-06, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Setzer
I'm almost tempted to ebay my Wii pre-order right now. People are paying $500-600+ for one.
Putting aside the fact that ebay has been canceling auctions, there is an active group of people that artificially bid-up these auctions. No, I'm not talking about the auctioneers trying to get more money, I'm speaking to the group that purposely trys to "screw the dealer". There are many individuals that attempt to "make right" by screwing sellers that are trying to "game" the system.

My point is that, don't expect the sale to go through if you go that route.
Old 10-19-06, 02:49 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
Putting aside the fact that ebay has been canceling auctions, there is an active group of people that artificially bid-up these auctions. No, I'm not talking about the auctioneers trying to get more money, I'm speaking to the group that purposely trys to "screw the dealer". There are many individuals that attempt to "make right" by screwing sellers that are trying to "game" the system.

Yep, and a lot of true bidders will probably back out when they find one at a big box store on launch day for MSRP.
Old 10-19-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 647 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Yep, and a lot of true bidders will probably back out when they find one at a big box store on launch day for MSRP.
I think this will be the case.
Old 10-19-06, 03:13 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

This madness is fun and all, but it can't last... There's just too many systems that will be made available to justify paying $500 for a Wii.
Old 10-19-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IIG
This madness is fun and all, but it can't last... There's just too many systems that will be made available to justify paying $500 for a Wii.
or even $250...(will be using store credit)
Old 10-19-06, 04:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There are specific guidelines you have to follow if you list your PS3 or Wii on ebay. As long as you follow the rules then listing it is not an issue. Also, one of the stipulations is you have to have a PayPal account in order to bid on the item so this prevents people from randomly creating free ebay accounts and bidding on your item.
Old 10-19-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's a link to a 3rd party component cable: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...12500890&BAB=D

However, i've also heard Pelican products are not the greatest quality.

Also, I've heard SOME gamecrazy stores are starting 'official' preorders tomorrow so you may wanna call the ones near you to find out

Last edited by Jamezuva; 10-19-06 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-19-06, 08:09 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can understand Nintendo not including HD capabilities on the Wii to keep prices down. I can even begrudgingly accept that only composite cables will be included with the system, but to only sell the component cables online is a real bitch. Is Nintendo trying to alienate HD users, or even users who just want the best PQ out of their system?
Old 10-19-06, 08:20 PM

Metroid Prime made me by a HDTV (I wanted to get the best graphics I could) and order the component cables from Nintendo. I'm going to wait a bit for the Wii ones though. The majority of my gaming is in my office on a smaller SDTV.
Old 10-19-06, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Setzer
There are specific guidelines you have to follow if you list your PS3 or Wii on ebay. As long as you follow the rules then listing it is not an issue. Also, one of the stipulations is you have to have a PayPal account in order to bid on the item so this prevents people from randomly creating free ebay accounts and bidding on your item.
I recognize that Ebay has erected barriers to make it hard for "fake" bidders, but I can personally atest to knowing people that do this very thing. I'm not proud to say this, but I have friends that do this to screw with system "pouchers". I was unaware that you now have to have a paypal account to bid, seems counter friendly on ebay's part to new shoppers.
Old 10-19-06, 11:59 PM

I just posted this on CAG, but I figured I'd do it here too, as these are the two video game forums I primarily read/check.

"I went to Target tonight and they had a 4' cabinet section next to the gamecube section set up with signage for the Wii saying it was coming soon. They also had an endcap on the end of the aisle with some accessories for sale. Two different packs of Wii grips, dog tags, two different organizers, what I believe was a carrying case, and some sort of tin with magnets were available. There was also a section for hangups that was empty, and the sticker read "Wii DVD Activision". IIRC, the price tag was 49.99, so it might be a spot for a game in the future. Sorry I don't have any pics."
Old 10-20-06, 12:29 AM

Does anyone know if the classic controller will work with GameCube games, along with all of the Virtual Console games, or do I also need to pick up a GC controller?
Old 10-20-06, 01:06 AM
Banned by request

It will most likely work with Gamecube games, but it's got such a horrible button layout that I don't know why anyone would use it when the far superior GC controllers are available for $5 more.
Old 10-20-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
but to only sell the component cables online is a real bitch. Is Nintendo trying to alienate HD users, or even users who just want the best PQ out of their system?
They might end up changing this, the DS wi-fi adaptor was supposed to be online only and it started showing up everywhere quite quickly. With almost every game supporting 480p and 16:9, I'm sure the demand will be pretty high.
Old 10-20-06, 01:15 AM
Banned by request

I do hope you're right.
Old 10-20-06, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by shaggy
They might end up changing this, the DS wi-fi adaptor was supposed to be online only and it started showing up everywhere quite quickly. With almost every game supporting 480p and 16:9, I'm sure the demand will be pretty high.

I doubt it. Nintendo has hard numbers on exactly how many GC component cables sold(not shipped) since it was only offered at their online store. They could be simply looking at those numbers to guage interest. If they sold 20 million GC and only 100,000 cables, then they probably figure it isn't worth it.
Old 10-20-06, 07:45 AM

I recognize that Ebay has erected barriers to make it hard for "fake" bidders, but I can personally atest to knowing people that do this very thing. I'm not proud to say this, but I have friends that do this to screw with system "pouchers". I was unaware that you now have to have a paypal account to bid, seems counter friendly on ebay's part to new shoppers.
i think that info is total BS. im a powerseller with over 3500+ feedback, have never accepted paypal and never will. i've bought and sold many items and have never been forced to have paypal (i shudder just thinking about it)

does the OP of this claim have any more info?
Old 10-20-06, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I get to play today! Metroid!! Metroid!! Metroid!!
Old 10-20-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I get to play today! Metroid!! Metroid!! Metroid!!
I'm sure you're fully prepared to give us a very detailed, good or bad, review, yeah?
Old 10-20-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone know whether we'll be able to use the GC controller to play VC games or will it have to be a retro controller?
Old 10-20-06, 07:56 AM

I'm sure you're fully prepared to give us a very detailed, good or bad, review, yeah?
He will, Pixy is great about that stuff.
Old 10-20-06, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
i think that info is total BS. im a powerseller with over 3500+ feedback, have never accepted paypal and never will. i've bought and sold many items and have never been forced to have paypal (i shudder just thinking about it)

does the OP of this claim have any more info?

That's what I thought, but I wasn't about to wade through ebay registration stuff to determine the accuracy. Perhaps its something new for system sales only? Awfully weird though.
Old 10-20-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Naturally.. the best part is: NO LINES! We're getting expedited service.
Old 10-20-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wii gift card at Target, courtesy of gonintendo:

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.