Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I've been playing Zelda The Ocarina of Time lately, how many have actually beaten it?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I've been playing Zelda The Ocarina of Time lately, how many have actually beaten it?

Old 09-28-06, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool scenes!

One of the best and most epic last boss battles of all time!
Old 09-28-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gold Cart money-shot:

Old 09-28-06, 11:22 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Outlaw
Definitely. I fucking hate boss battles in general, and even I love that one.
Old 09-28-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
Great, now I'm gonna have to dust off my N64 thanks to this thread. I really loved this game back when it came out.
Old 09-29-06, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 918 Likes on 641 Posts
My feelings about Oot are strong but not nearly as strong as everyone elses I guess. It was an incredible game but will never take the place of a link to the past. That was a PERFECT game. And when I was playing oot it really just seemed to be link to the past in 3d. So it was just a tiny tiny tiny bit disappointing. Now Majora's Mask was really good. It was different then any other zelda game before and since. You could really get into the whole story. The whole world is ending and the different ways that people look at it. All the villagers you had to meet and know their schedules was just a wonderful experience.

So while oot was a great game I liked mm better and nothing can beat lttp.

As far as difficulty I don't think I used a guide at all. It wasn't that difficult that I can recall. Much of it was classic zelda fair and was somewhat easy to figure out if you played a zelda game before. Now lttp took me many many hours and many deaths to beat. That was a tough game and great to figure out all the little secrets.

I actually did buy a guide for that one after being stuck in the infernal ice palace. I could not figure out how to push the right block over the edge to hit the switch. I finally figured it out before getting the guide and cheated. Kind of. I got the cane that produces blocks in the next dungeon to bypass the real way of getting through. I thought I was pretty crafty at the time. On the GBA one they rigged it so you couldn't do that anymore.
Old 09-29-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
My feelings about Oot are strong but not nearly as strong as everyone elses I guess. It was an incredible game but will never take the place of a link to the past. That was a PERFECT game.
I know most share this sentiment but me. The franchise was headed downhill for me, and Ocarina saved it. It took me a year to beat Zelda, a month for Zelda II, and a mere week for A Link to the Past. ALttP was great, but waaaay to easy. I was quite disappointed in my $50 purchase. Ocarina kills ALttP in that department. I more than got my money's worth in Ocarina.
Old 09-29-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Major, MAJOR agreement!

Though, I wanted to man-slap Zelda every time she yelped like one of those rat dogs.
Old 09-29-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Speaking of boss battles, I'm really fond of the one that had Gannon riding a horse out of various paintings on the wall. That was actually kind of spooky for some reason. Damn, now I think I might play this again myself.
Old 09-29-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Phantom Ganon,

Yeah that version of ganon looked the coolest. In full armor on his horse. But the last boss was easy, once you figure out, you just roll under his legs and attack his tail.

I think the boss I spent the hardest time on was mirror link and the abyss boss, both water level. I was just being stupid and couldnt figure out the paterns.

So this may be a stupid question, but is ganon/ganondorf in all of the zeldas?

Last edited by lukewarmwater; 09-29-06 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This and Blaster Master for the NES are two of the greatest games I have ever played.
Old 09-30-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
This and Blaster Master for the NES are two of the greatest games I have ever played.
Really? You liked Blaster Master that much? I thought it was kinda cool, but nothing to rave about. Cool to see that there are fans out there though. By the way, there's no way I could've beaten it w/o a Game Genie...
Old 10-01-06, 04:20 PM

Zelda fever seems to be hitting the web all over. Zelda: Majora's Mask is the featured article on wikipedia today .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited by Outlaw; 10-01-06 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-01-06, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
Phantom Ganon,

So this may be a stupid question, but is ganon/ganondorf in all of the zeldas?
He was absent from Zelda II - or until you died where upon his minions would use your blood on his ashes and he would arise. This seemed to go along with the idea that he is still vanquished from Zelda I.

"Return of Ganon"

I'm not sure about any of the Game Boy ones.

And to sidetrack, Zelda is the only series it seems that keeps me excited while playing.

For example, while playing A Link to the Past, did it drive anyone nuts having a magic item just out of reach? Like the damn posts all over dark world that you couldn't get past until you got the hammer from the first temple; you were ecstatic when you finally got it or until you realized that NOW you needed titan's mitt. It's the feeling that something is just out of reach, and now that you have it, 'tis a glorious feeling indeed.

Last edited by devynal; 10-01-06 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-01-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ganon's not in Link's Awakening or Minish Cap either.
Old 10-02-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 918 Likes on 641 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Ganon's not in Link's Awakening or Minish Cap either.

He's not in any of the game boy games. Save for the rereleases.
Old 10-02-06, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Really? You liked Blaster Master that much? I thought it was kinda cool, but nothing to rave about. Cool to see that there are fans out there though. By the way, there's no way I could've beaten it w/o a Game Genie...
Blaster Master was just so damn original. Everything about it was 'fresh' when it came out. The graphics were top-notch, but the game play was what hooked me. The combination of side-scrolling and overhead POVs gave the game originality. Also, the fact that it didn't follow a linear path made it that much more fun. I loved how you had to keep going back to certain levels to gain access to future levels. The story might not have been that great (kid chasing after mutated pet frog), but everything else about it was absolutely incredible. To this day it baffles my mind how so many people missed out on this game. Too bad the sequels have been an abomination.

Back to the topic at hand, I've decided to bring my N64 out of retirement. I'm going try and obtain Majora's Mask (along with the needed expansion pack) and give it a go. Though I'm almost certain I won't like it as much as Ocarina of Time.
Old 10-03-06, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Great, now I'm gonna have to dust off my N64 thanks to this thread. I really loved this game back when it came out.
I've gotta wait until the Wii hits to tackle this again, sadly. Ah, but that'll be a fun day.
Old 10-03-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tanman
He's not in any of the game boy games. Save for the rereleases.
Actually, he was in Oracle of Ages/Seasons, but you had to beat both games to get to him.
Old 10-03-06, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Major, MAJOR agreement!

Though, I wanted to man-slap Zelda every time she yelped like one of those rat dogs.
She made up for it in The Wind Waker. Another really really cool final boss fight.
Old 10-03-06, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One of the single best games ever, if not the best. I seem to play this about once a year and beat it every time. I love this game. Yes, i still have to use the guide every once and awhile... Love this game, i recommend it to EVERYONE
Old 10-03-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm really hoping to see both OOT and MM on the Wii VC. I would pay $8 for each.
Old 10-03-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
I'm really hoping to see both OOT and MM on the Wii VC. I would pay $8 for each.
You will more than likely be paying $10 for each.
Old 10-03-06, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
I've gotta wait until the Wii hits to tackle this again, sadly. Ah, but that'll be a fun day.
Are they getting re-released on Wii or did you get your hands on one of the GameCube bonus disc and are now playing the waiting game?
Old 10-03-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Are they getting re-released on Wii or did you get your hands on one of the GameCube bonus disc and are now playing the waiting game?
Hopefully, soon after Wii's launch, Nintendo will have the Zelda games as well as some of their prominent, old classics ready for download for ~$8-10. I've painstakingly made the decision to pass on picking up a GameCube and the bonus disc numerous times (it's popped up a few times in the past 4-5 months) at my local GS in anticipation for it.
Old 10-03-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Majora's Mask has frequent lock-up issues on the Cube disc.

Wait for VC, I say.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.