Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Has anyone used those free XBOX 360 scams/sites?

Old 09-12-06, 07:21 PM

Has anyone used those free XBOX 360 scams/sites?

Hey guys I know those stupid pyramid scams dont work 99% of the time, BUT one of my firends friend got a free 360 like 3 months ago, it took like 4 months but he got it for free. Anyone actually get a free xbox, ipod or whatever for free? (legit)

Last edited by Cedrock; 09-12-06 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's a clue, free and legit in the same sentence. No chance these work. Just save up a few bucks and you'll have one just in time for Gears of War.
Old 09-12-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nothing is free...and if it is, it's too good to be true.
Old 09-12-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, I got a free iPod about a year and a half ago. I wouldn't do it again, though, mainly because I don't want to hassle everybody I know to sign up for an offer.

Last edited by sdcrym; 09-13-06 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-12-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ended up with getting about $1k-$2k worth of DVDs, game systems (Game Boy SP, Xbox), and video games for free back when stuff like FreeDVDs.com and FreeVideoGames.com was going strong. Sure, it wasn't technically free since you had to pay for many of the offers, but in the end I'd say I only ended up spending around $100 or so. I'm sure there are more than a few of you guys who remember those days.
Old 09-13-06, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I ended up with getting about $1k-$2k worth of DVDs, game systems (Game Boy SP, Xbox), and video games for free back when stuff like FreeDVDs.com and FreeVideoGames.com was going strong. Sure, it wasn't technically free since you had to pay for many of the offers, but in the end I'd say I only ended up spending around $100 or so. I'm sure there are more than a few of you guys who remember those days.
Oh yess, those were the days. And even up to like 5 years ago I made money surfing the web with those toolbars/surfbars along the top or side of your browser. Now theyre all scams, or itll take a lifetime to make money with them.

Does anyone know of sites where its close to free then ? (p.s. I cant afford it b/c Im a senior at college, car is at mechanic where its going to cost over $500 so far, girlfriend cost, saving for next semester, and phone bills/car insurance leave me with just about nothing)

Yea I did want to get xbox 360 before halo 3 but Gears of War interested me and I wanted one before it came out. It looks sweeeet
Old 09-13-06, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A thread about a month or so ago prompted me to look into some of these offers. The best (most likely legit) one that I found is the Internet Opinion Group. I found a decent thread about them on another board.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=3421

From what most on there have to say, it seems like if you fulfill all your obligations and regularly harrass them afterwards, you'll get your 'free' Xbox 360 (or other gift). I looked it over and figured I could meet their requirements for about $75 - $100, a good chunk of which would be going to BMG and Columbia House for cds and dvds. The biggest downside is that it sounds like it's not unusual for the entire process to take 9 mos. to a year to complete. That makes it too much of a headache for me to seriously consider. Especially when it sounds like the business is more than a little shady, even if they are mailing out their promised 'free' gifts, and who knows if they'll even still be around in a year.
Old 09-14-06, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a couple ipods and a tv through those sites. This was a few years ago when the offers weren't costly or a big obligation. Now it's just too much hassle.
Old 09-14-06, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I did the freedvd thing. Those were pretty straight forward and easy, but now it seems like all those sites have wised up to how people got over using those sites. So they're all harder, if not impossible, now.

I got in on the tail end of those sites, but got about $200 in dvds for about $30 or so.