Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Live membership cancelled...retarded story

Old 08-31-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Xbox Live membership cancelled...retarded story

So I log on to Live yesterday to buy Time Pilot (easiest 180 GT points EVER, and also a top 100 score) and I get the message that I've been demoted to a Silver membership. WTF.

So I called support and waited on hold forever while the dude was looking into it. So it turns out when I got my 360 and transfered my account over, it was so close to my renewal date that the computers went whack and never charged my renewal.

8 months later, they realize this and cancel my account. So I rejoin and the guy is like "Looks like you got 8 free months of Live". Yeah, I did.

Told ya, retarded story.
Old 08-31-06, 04:07 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So you got 8 months for free because of their mix up and now they discover it and cancel your account? They won't let you renew now?
Old 08-31-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, they let me renew now, and yeah I had 8 months free. Not the coolest story
Old 08-31-06, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least spice it up like a fishing story and add some ninjas or dinosaurs or something. Rookie storyteller.
Old 08-31-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
At least spice it up like a fishing story and add some ninjas or dinosaurs or something. Rookie storyteller.
shit did I leave that one part out where as I was on the phone with the guy someone rang my doorbell.

So I went to check it out, and the little wiener dog followed me down and pissed on the floor. So I was wiping the piss and this lady is at the door and is like "Are you Mr. Onions?" And I'm like "Yeah". She's all "Then I have something for you" and proceeds to remove her coat and where her heaving bosom was supposed to be was a bomb. I called my DS skills into play and grabbed my stylus and traced the wires Qix style, and disarmed the bitch. Then the dog had to take a shit and I took him outside in the nick of time. Then I played Time Pilot.

Better?
Old 08-31-06, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Try this one on:

September 2005 I call up to cancel, 3 days before auto-renew. I talk with a very nice gentlemen who walks me through the canceling process. The entire experience is actually quite nice and very easy.

To easy.

A month later I see my credit card has been charged for the $50. I call them up with the "WTF" on my mind. This time they are very rude, and generally unhelpfull. At the conclusion they tell me I never cancelled my account before (yeah...), and then they are finally going cancel it, but a refund is not an option. Despite having a 20 minute conversation log on my phone-bill from calling before, I clearly am the one in the wrong here. I take it, vowing to learn from my mistake from trying to deal with MS.

Fast forward this August, I get an email saying my auto-renew will kick in this September XXth. Again, "WTF?". I have not called them about this latest foray, but needless to say I have already put a hold on any charges on my CC from them. Yeck.
Old 08-31-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
shit did I leave that one part out where as I was on the phone with the guy someone rang my doorbell.

So I went to check it out, and the little wiener dog followed me down and pissed on the floor. So I was wiping the piss and this lady is at the door and is like "Are you Mr. Onions?" And I'm like "Yeah". She's all "Then I have something for you" and proceeds to remove her coat and where her heaving bosom was supposed to be was a bomb. I called my DS skills into play and grabbed my stylus and traced the wires Qix style, and disarmed the bitch. Then the dog had to take a shit and I took him outside in the nick of time. Then I played Time Pilot.

Better?
Now that was a good story. Kudos for applying your DS skills.
Old 09-01-06, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You should have been able to get a refund on the original $50 from your CC company. It's usually policy to take your word over that of the company.