DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   EB - trade in 2 360 games get Saints Row for $9.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/475243-eb-trade-2-360-games-get-saints-row-%249-99-a.html)

kvrdave 08-22-06 10:38 AM

EB - trade in 2 360 games get Saints Row for $9.99

Not sure if that is a good deal for some of you, but I had it emailed to me, so I thought I would pass it along. Good until Aug. 28th.

Michael Corvin 08-22-06 11:09 AM

According to CAG this deal is good on pretty much any game. Problem is the exclusion list is pretty high. Supposedly they are taking only games that STILL retail over $50. No Kameo, PD0, Madden 06, Ridge Racer, Kong, Table Tennis, etc.

Obviously it is YMMV per store.

I've never seen the draw to these deals where you have to pay $10 on top of your trade, especially since they are only taking *newer* games. Those games still go for $30(on the low side) on half.com. So sell two yourself and you have a new game w/o being out that $10 extra bones. :shrug: To each their own though.

On a related note I just hawked my Gamecube Zelda:OoT & Master Quest disc on half.com today for $50. :lol: I'm just thinking of the dudes expression when the VC hits and they are a fraction of the cost.

Edison 08-22-06 11:33 AM

The exclusion list is all 2006 sports, PD0, Kameo, PGR3, King Kong, Ridge Racer, and Amped 3. The offer basically just bumps 2 non-excluded titles to $25.00 each so if your trading towards a $49.99 title like Nintey Nine Nights you would get it free.

DJ_Longfellow 08-22-06 11:42 AM

Yeah, this deal is for ANY game....not just Saint's Row. Some CAG's are reporting they got it to work with some "cheap" games.

I would do the deal, but I only have 2K6 sports games to get rid of....so I'll pass.

gimmepilotwings 08-22-06 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
According to CAG this deal is good on pretty much any game. Problem is the exclusion list is pretty high. Supposedly they are taking only games that STILL retail over $50. No Kameo, PD0, Madden 06, Ridge Racer, Kong, Table Tennis, etc.

Obviously it is YMMV per store.

I've never seen the draw to these deals where you have to pay $10 on top of your trade, especially since they are only taking *newer* games. Those games still go for $30(on the low side) on half.com. So sell two yourself and you have a new game w/o being out that $10 extra bones. :shrug: To each their own though.

On a related note I just hawked my Gamecube Zelda:OoT & Master Quest disc on half.com today for $50. :lol: I'm just thinking of the dudes expression when the VC hits and they are a fraction of the cost.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I should get rid of mine.

RichC2 08-22-06 12:23 PM

I have a gut feeling this one will be region free, so I'll hold out til Play-asia gets a few in stock and see. Not sure I'd pay $64 (w/ Tax) for it, but for $43, why not.

Michael Corvin 08-22-06 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Edison
The exclusion list is all 2006 sports, PD0, Kameo, PGR3, King Kong, Ridge Racer, and Amped 3. The offer basically just bumps 2 non-excluded titles to $25.00 each so if your trading towards a $49.99 title like Nintey Nine Nights you would get it free.

That's just it. Any other game that still retails for $60 is still fetching around $30 trade-in anyway, so you are actually losing on the deal.

xmiyux 08-22-06 01:18 PM

That is exactly right i called to see what they would give me in trade credit at the store for two games and they were going to give me $30 for each of them or i could take advantage of their deal to get any pre-order for 10$ plus the two trade-ins. I kind of paused, moment of silence, then asked the clerk if that sounded like a good deal to him since i would normally get 60$ in credit. Luckily after a moment he agreed with me. ;) Funny stuff really.

DVDKrayzie 08-22-06 09:48 PM

didnt they used to do trade in 2 360 games get 1 free--no exclusions? terrible deal. fry's might even have it for $47.99 or whatever too.

maingon 08-23-06 12:23 AM

crappy deal trade in over 100 bucks orginally for a 59.99 game plus have to pay 10 bucks still

Frank_M 08-24-06 01:02 PM

As anyone tried to trade in sports games? Wondering if its worth a shot. I'd gladly swap in Madden 06 and then either Hockey or College Basketball plus $10 for Madden. Saves me the trouble of e-bay.

Otherwise I'll just buy it at BB and get points.

Cusm 08-24-06 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Frank_M
As anyone tried to trade in sports games? Wondering if its worth a shot. I'd gladly swap in Madden 06 and then either Hockey or College Basketball plus $10 for Madden. Saves me the trouble of e-bay.

Otherwise I'll just buy it at BB and get points.

Yeah I have Tiger Woods I want to get rid of.