Reload this Page >

The Official XBox Live Gaming Schedule Pt. II

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official XBox Live Gaming Schedule Pt. II

Old 08-17-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official DVDtalk XBox Live Gaming Schedule Pt. II

This is Pt. II of our Xbox Live schedule, I assume the first one got too long. Please remeber to check back to this page for future updates and a general feel for what will be the game to play on any given day.

The Schedule as it stands is as follows.......

Sunday: You Call it!! 11/5
Monday: COD2 -11/6
Tuesday: COD3 - 11/7
Wednesday: Arcade Night - 11/1
Thursday: You Call it!! - 11/2
Friday: Halo2/COD2 - 11/3
Saturday: Texas Hold Em (Anyone?) - 11/4

Start Times are 7-8 P.M. EST to whenever people stop playing.

XBL Gamertag list by Golucky http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=425666

Use the gamertag list to send friend invites if people don't have their gamertags in their sigs. Make sure to let people know that you are from DVDtalk when sending friend request.

If anyone has suggestions for changes to the schedule, please post them here, also we can discuss the prior nights events here and that sort of thing. As a game lacks in popularity and new games come along I will change this list accordingly, so let me know when you all think a certain night is no longer necessary for a specific game and we will replace it with more popular title. If there is a title that everyone thinks we don't get to play enough maybe we can even dedicate a second night to it.

Also if anyone has Ideas for events and things that we could have that would be cool.

Last Edit* Someone was bitching about changing the schedule around so I did

Last edited by kakihara1; 10-31-06 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-17-06, 11:21 AM

Okay it's obvious that we need to edit the schedule. Burnout Revenge is a total bitch to get people together to play so I think at least one of the nights need to be switched for something else.

What do yo guys think the schedule should look like? I know COD2 is popular on Monday and Tuesday nights and the Arcade thing stands for Wednesdays but what about the rest of the week? What do you guys want to play?
Old 08-17-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

COD2 Monday - Sunday
Old 08-17-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, I have BF2 that I have yet to play online because I don't want to really play w/ the public.. I know Doc West has it but if anyone else does and would like to play sometime please let me know..
Old 08-17-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Texas Hold Em. That will be it's own thread (Not-sticky)... we need to organize some tournaments.
Old 08-17-06, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Texas Hold Em. That will be it's own thread (Not-sticky)... we need to organize some tournaments.
Yeah I assume Texas Hold Em will be big for a long time and will probably merit a Friday or Saturday slot. Once we get a feel for how we can set up tournaments and stuff we'll definitely have to do that.
Old 08-17-06, 12:02 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Definetly Hold-em. That will be a fun game, esp if we can organize tournaments for DVDTalk members.
Old 08-17-06, 12:05 PM

Well Saturday seems to be an Obvious day for Texax Hold Em since Burnout sucks to organize a game. Any Objections?
Old 08-17-06, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by tbird2340
COD2 Monday - Sunday

I can't believe sometimes we pretty much play every week day. It seems that Mon, Tue and Fri are "for sure" now.
Old 08-17-06, 12:20 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Well Saturday seems to be an Obvious day for Texax Hold Em since Burnout sucks to organize a game. Any Objections?
No.. not Saturday...

How about give Hold 'em Burnouts spot on Thursday? Move Burnout to Saturday or replace it all together.
Old 08-17-06, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be there for hold'em so we need to get a good list of who wants to be involved so we can make sure we are all on each others friends list.

Does anyone still play GRAW or FNR3?
Old 08-17-06, 12:25 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll definetly be picking up Hold 'em.
Old 08-17-06, 12:41 PM
Banned

Switch wed/thursday!
Old 08-17-06, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
Does anyone still play GRAW or FNR3?
We Tried FNR3 at one point an absolutely no one played it, so it caught the axe. As far as GRAW is concerned the rediculously prices chapter 2 content killed it on live around here, I love the game and would still be willing to play multiplayer but I refuse to buy the content. If anyone would be interested in playing it on Sundays possibly that could be done, but keep in mind that many people don't have the extra content.

Originally Posted by Vryce
No.. not Saturday...

How about give Hold 'em Burnouts spot on Thursday? Move Burnout to Saturday or replace it all together.
Why not Saturday? A game like Texas Hold Em could be a huge late night game not really something people would be able to do on a weekday I could completly replace Burnout that's for sure but my question to you is why is Saturday a bad night for Hold Em?

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Switch wed/thursday!
Do you want this switch because you want arcade night on Thursday? Or do you want Burnout On Wednesday? The reason arcade night is on Wednesday night right now is because that's the day the titles get realeased and therefore most people will be playing them on that night.
Old 08-17-06, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's another suggestion. Some of us are West coast gamers...playing at 5pm doesn't quite work out. So how about we get some west side representation and pick a time to gather too
Old 08-17-06, 12:59 PM

Here's another suggestion. Some of us are West coast gamers...playing at 5pm doesn't quite work out. So how about we get some west side representation and pick a time to gather too
You're a mod and you're free to edit my original post as necessary if you want a seperate timetable for west coasters go ahead and add it. It just seems to me that most on here are East/Central gamers. There is a note there that the Start time is early but we play for hours so West coast people are always welcome to join in late, and continue the room.
Old 08-17-06, 01:08 PM

I know it's not out yet but does anyone plan on playing Saint's Row online?
Old 08-17-06, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1998Nole
I know it's not out yet but does anyone plan on playing Saint's Row online?
I just read a preview of the multiplayer for Saint's Row and I hate to admit it but some of the game modes sound pretty fun. While I can assure you I won't be picking it up on launch; if you and others are interested in playing it on live, pick a day that you'll want to play it and I'll add it. I'll probably rent it to see if it's any good.

Saint's Row Multiplayer Preview

Last edited by kakihara1; 08-17-06 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-17-06, 01:54 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I played the demo and thought the demo was quite awful. I may rent it to see if the final game and online is decent. But it won't be a purchase for me.

Besides, in another week, I'll be wrapped up in some RPG Universe.

-eM-
Old 08-17-06, 02:40 PM
Banned

Do you want this switch because you want arcade night on Thursday? Or do you want Burnout On Wednesday? The reason arcade night is on Wednesday night right now is because that's the day the titles get realeased and therefore most people will be playing them on that night.
Id like thursday to be arcade night for SF2. I understand the reasoning, but very few games are online that are being released for the arcade, so not sure why we'd all need to be playing 1 player games at the same time =)
Old 08-17-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although the start time for games is listed at 4-5 PM Pacific, the games don't really get going until 6-7 PM. But that still might be too early for you, considering the fact that I usually see you log into Live around 10-11 PM
Old 08-17-06, 03:24 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I work saturday nights and wouldn't get home until 11pm and miss out on most of the Hold 'em stuff. Friday Holdem would be better..
Old 08-17-06, 03:28 PM

I just read a preview of the multiplayer for Saint's Row and I hate to admit it but some of the game modes sound pretty fun. While I can assure you I won't be picking it up on launch; if you and others are interested in playing it on live, pick a day that you'll want to play it and I'll add it. I'll probably rent it to see if it's any good.

Saint's Row Multiplayer Preview
I pre-oredered it at oupost for 47.99w/free shipping. I am on the fence of actually keeping the order or cancelling it though. Maybe a few people from here will pick it up.
Old 08-17-06, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vryce
I work saturday nights and wouldn't get home until 11pm and miss out on most of the Hold 'em stuff. Friday Holdem would be better..
Hmm that is a dilemna because there is a pretty large Friday night following for COD2 still (plus Friday Hold Em would mean I couldn't play ) 11:00 for Texas Hold Em certainly wouldn't be too late hell you would only miss 1 maybe two hours at the most and if it's anything like real life hold em the shit will take forever to play out anyhow.

Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Id like thursday to be arcade night for SF2. I understand the reasoning, but very few games are online that are being released for the arcade, so not sure why we'd all need to be playing 1 player games at the same time =)
I don't have a problem with SFII being slated for Thursday night if the demand for it is high enough but I'm going to keep Wednesdays for Arcade night as it's not only for SFII but also games like Uno Texas Hold Em and the like that are multiplayer. Basically I see it as a free for all Arcade night.
Old 08-17-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would give up COD2 on Friday nights for Poker.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.