Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tomb Raider For 360 for $29.99 at BB.

Old 08-14-06, 09:54 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 410
Tomb Raider For 360 for $29.99 at BB.

I just picked Tomb Raider for the 360 for $29.99 at Bestbuy. If you don't have a copy already, this a great game at great price.
Apollo is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 07:36 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,737
It is a great game and I highly recommend it. Very fun. A bit on the easy side, but definitely worth checking out at that price.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 08:24 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Ytown, Ohio
Posts: 5,211
Wooh!! $30!! Definate buy at this price! Fun game.
tbird2340 is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 09:00 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,576
Ridge Racer 6 is $20 also....FYI
DJ_Longfellow is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 09:42 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
How about Condemned?
matome is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 09:53 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,737
Yes. Condemned is one of the best games on the system. I know they are different genres, but I'd pick up Condemned over TR at that price.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 09:59 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
The Bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 54,866
Condemned and Tomb Raider at great values at that price. They have some moderate replay value, but the Condemned "experience" is one of the scariest on any home system.

Ridge Racer isn't worth $0.20.

(Canadian)
The Bus is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 10:13 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,576
Condemned will be $30 also (this or next week...it's in another thread)
DJ_Longfellow is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 03:29 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Cool, I already have Tomb Raider, but I really wanted to get Condemned after playing the demo but couldn't pull myself to drop $60 on a game everyone says is short. For $30 that's no problem though.
matome is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 04:41 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Condemned will be $30 also (this or next week...it's in another thread)

where are you seeing this? i checked Speedy's CC and BB threads for this week and next week and didn't see it...
SoonerDoc is offline  
Old 08-15-06, 08:30 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,737
Originally Posted by matome
Cool, I already have Tomb Raider, but I really wanted to get Condemned after playing the demo but couldn't pull myself to drop $60 on a game everyone says is short. For $30 that's no problem though.
FWIW, TR is shorter than Condemned. Condemned is a little more difficult which adds to time, as well as replay for achievements(impossible to get them all in one go through). I paid full for both, but I'd say Condemned was worth the $60 while TR worth <$40.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 12:50 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Condemned will be $30 also (this or next week...it's in another thread)

can anyone confirm this?
SoonerDoc is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 07:52 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,576
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
where are you seeing this? i checked Speedy's CC and BB threads for this week and next week and didn't see it...
Sorry, I could be wrong....I thought I read it in the DOOM thread actually. My mistake.

FAR CRY is also $29.99 at Best Buy.
DJ_Longfellow is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 09:12 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Well Condemned does show up at $39.99 on the BB website, so that's still not too bad. Sounds a hell of a lot better than $59.99.
matome is offline  
Old 08-16-06, 09:14 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
FWIW, TR is shorter than Condemned. Condemned is a little more difficult which adds to time, as well as replay for achievements(impossible to get them all in one go through). I paid full for both, but I'd say Condemned was worth the $60 while TR worth <$40.
I didn't know that. I got pulled away from TR after I picked up GRAW and Hitman, but it was next on my list to complete. Though I did just pick up Dead Rising...
matome is offline  
Old 09-03-06, 05:02 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
If anyone is still interested Condemned is definitely $30 at Best Buy this week. It's in the flyer and I picked it up (stickered price $40)
matome is offline  
Old 09-03-06, 06:41 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,505
Originally Posted by matome
If anyone is still interested Condemned is definitely $30 at Best Buy this week. It's in the flyer and I picked it up (stickered price $40)
Awesome! I've been waiting for a price drop so I could pick this one up. No time like the present.
Eric D. is offline  
Old 09-03-06, 06:47 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Liver&Onions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Oregonzola
Posts: 14,294
I'll pipe in and once again vouch for Condemned. It's still up there as the best title I've played so far on the 360. Dead Rising is a VERY close #2.
Liver&Onions is offline  
Old 09-04-06, 02:06 AM
  #19  
Video Game Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,512
Condemned is an incredible game. I loved it. I actually bought it for its full Canadian retail price, after I had rented it and beat it - I love it that much.
Wick is offline  
Old 09-04-06, 08:06 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Man, Comdemned is freakin' awesome. I'm was playing it on a 56" screen with the DD surround cranked up last night and I was shittin' bricks. This is some scary stuff I still haven't found any of the metal pieces though
matome is offline  
Old 09-04-06, 09:26 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 57,737
Originally Posted by matome
Man, Comdemned is freakin' awesome. I'm was playing it on a 56" screen with the DD surround cranked up last night and I was shittin' bricks. This is some scary stuff I still haven't found any of the metal pieces though

Most of them are behind boxes, or desks that you have to move to find them. Big clue:

Spoiler:
Look for the eyes. There are always dozens of eyes painted on the wall near a metal piece.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 09-04-06, 03:52 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,861
Tomb Raider is supposed to be $25 at Best Buy next week.

And I will also vouch for Condemned, great game, I played it on the PC.
msdmoney is offline  
Old 09-04-06, 05:19 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Most of them are behind boxes, or desks that you have to move to find them. Big clue:

Spoiler:
Look for the eyes. There are always dozens of eyes painted on the wall near a metal piece.
Thanks, found my first metal piece and it was just as you described.
matome is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.