Search this Thread

Old 08-07-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
HALO 2 Headsets $14 FOR A LIMITED TIME.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...setbenefit.htm

Newsflash:
Halo 2 Headsets Benefit Katrina Victims

Remember the sweet green GameCom Halo® 2 edition headset? TriXie went all the way to Tijuana to do an Xbox Undercover story on it.

Well the good people are Plantronics have got a great deal on these babies. You ready for this? They’re usually 50 bucks, but for a limited time they will only set you back $14.95 U.S. Not only that, a buck of that price goes to Plantronics GameCom United Way Katrina Recovery Fund.

These headsets are great—They work with your original Xbox® and Xbox 360™—heck, they’ll even work with your cell phone.

Sound good? Go get 'em here!

There are 2 versions. $14.95(reg $49)* without the communicator and 19.95(reg $59) for one with a communicator. The communicator is that dongle thing that goes into the front of the old xbox controllers.

*Can be used on XBOX and 360 but it has no volume or mute controls when used ont eh 360 controller.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-07-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-07-06, 07:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are nice headsets. I got mine in a target clearance a while ago. Paid $12.50 for it.

It was modified to work with the 360 controller by my roommate. So I have muting and volume control.

You can use the headset as is in the 360 controller, you just won't have any volume control or muting. And its a bit soft to hear and be heard.
Old 08-07-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Isn't there now some kind of adapter with mute/volume control that you can plug into the Xbox 360 controller? I thought that was out already...

I got mine in the TRU clearance a while back, but they are a decent headset (though since it goes in your ear, I doubt you'll want to share with others). I'm half surprised they didn't clearance their wireless headset, which is useless on anything but the original Xbox...
Old 08-07-06, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bought one back when they were $50 and don't regret it at all, it's very comfortable. Saw the price reduction a few weeks ago and actually picked up one for my wife, as she needed a new cell phone headset; she loves it.
Old 08-08-06, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Isn't there now some kind of adapter with mute/volume control that you can plug into the Xbox 360 controller? I thought that was out already...

I got mine in the TRU clearance a while back, but they are a decent headset (though since it goes in your ear, I doubt you'll want to share with others). I'm half surprised they didn't clearance their wireless headset, which is useless on anything but the original Xbox...
Yes, I say it at CC.

I have the headset, but still sealed. Not sure if I want to try it out or not. Got it from a Target sale also.
Old 08-08-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig
As DJLongfellow already pointed out, Circuit City sells them for $9.99 via their website.
DVDTalk shop link to CC headset adapter