DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Having Problems with Wireless Controller (360) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/473634-having-problems-wireless-controller-360-a.html)

PacMan2006 08-05-06 01:48 AM

Having Problems with Wireless Controller (360)

Hey guys...

Just got my 360 yesterday. I also bought NCAA...and I feel like I cannot make it past 5 minutes with the connection going dead, and the game asking me to reconnect my wireless controller. I press the X button in the middle, and I'm good for 5 more minutes untill it keeps asking me to repeat this.

I thought maybe there was interference from the router, so I unplugged it. Even unplugged the cordless phone in my room. Still a problem. And it's definitely not a battery issue. I tried the ones that came with it along with others.

So question...can I add a cable that will turn my wireless controller into a wired one? Or am I going to have to buy a brand new controller?

This is the controller that came with the $400 Xbox 360.

Thanks.

kgrogers1979 08-05-06 02:01 AM

I don't really know, but perhaps the controller itself might be faulty. If so, the store you bought it from should allow you to exchange it for a new one.

The Play & Charge Kit can be used to make a wireless controller wired.

PacMan2006 08-05-06 02:15 AM

Thanks for the info...yeah, I'm not 100% sure what to do. Seems kind of unlikely I'd get a faulty controller. And while I love the idea of a wireless controller, this was exactly was I was apprehensive about it.

I guess I'll give BB a call tomorrow.

Giantrobo 08-05-06 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
I don't really know, but perhaps the controller itself might be faulty. If so, the store you bought it from should allow you to exchange it for a new one.

The Play & Charge Kit can be used to make a wireless controller wired.

But you should know that this unit -only charges the battery-. The controller still sends the signals by wireless signal to the 360 even with this attached. In fact, you can hook the controller and the play and charge to any USB not connected to the 360 and still control games on the 360. Someone here mentioned hooking his controller and play charge cable to his laptop while playing a 360 game.

So if your controller is having "wireless issues" then it may not help.

kgrogers1979 08-05-06 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
But you should know that this unit -only charges the battery-. The controller still sends the signals by wireless signal to the 360 even with this attached.

I didn't know that. Sorry. :brickwl2:

McHawkson 08-05-06 08:22 PM

It happened to one of my controller. Whenever I shook the controller, it went dead. I noticed that it was caused by battery case on the controller. I switched the battery case from other controller and it works perfectly. It might be your problem.

Wick 08-06-06 10:53 PM

When I first got a 360, I had this problem. The first controller I had, had a faulty battery pack, that wouldn't connect to the internal connector. I had to hold it in, in order to play, without it disconnecting every five seconds. It may be the same problem you're having.

movieking 08-20-06 06:35 AM

I have two wireless controllers, and both are having issues now with having to be connected every couple of seconds. I found it strange that they both went at the same time. I've switched the backs on them, changed batteries, etc, but still no good.

Does a warranty come with these things? One I got with the system and one I bought at Future Shop. Has anyone had any success with fixing it? It seems like the batteries must be losing contact, but I can't figure out a way to get it to reconnect properly.

Blitz6Speed 08-20-06 10:03 AM

The re-connect the controller issue just happened to me while playing SF2 and BF2. I checked the battery and it was on the lowest point (re-chargable MS battery). So i plugged it in to the PC's USB port and let it charge via that and i played while charging for the rest of the time. Worked great.